Break in period question concerning Brainwavz M2
Feb 24, 2011 at 11:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

RibeyeAndScotch

Head-Fier
With so much rave about the brainwavz M2, I snagged one when they went on sale.

I've read so much about how people think the Brainwavz M2 is the monster turbines of the budget world due to their boosted bass. 

I've had them for a week now and put about 50 hours into them but is something missing?? The bass is light, short yet sweet. My MEElectronics M9 hits bass harder and fuller than my M2. I know the M9 is bassy but was I thought the Brainwavz M2 would out-do the M9 for sure in the bass department.

Everything else on the brainwavz exceeded my expectations but the bass. 

Other owners of Brainwavz M2 wanna chime in about their bass?

I listen to alot of dance/techo/trance/club music mostly at the gym.

Feb 25, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #2 of 4
Hi,

Have both the M9 and M2 too.
I didnt like the M9...the bass was really over done, it just enhances the lowend of every song way to much.You hear a lowend rumble...even in songs that dont have them :).

The M2 basswise is more to my taste Good lowend with a nice thump to it. The lowend is enhanced, but not as much as the M9.
Ps IMO the M2 actually goes lower than the M9...but the M9 lowend is louder.

Btw have you read the post of clieos? In his rating...he rates the M2 as a mid oriented IEM and not as a bass orientated IEM. Something to consider? Think your taste runs to more bass heavysoundsignature than me.

The Turbines can be had for around 50.Refurb or as amazon special offer.

Feb 25, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #4 of 4
Just got the M2s a few days ago probably got 20-30 hours on them already, I don't think they've changed much.. i'll give you my view on them though

Flat, with no EQ there is definately plenty of bass for me, moreso than my previous IEMs (soundmagic PL21) who'm clieos said had lots of bass

I find with my clip+ if i notch the bass up a few dBs there is alot more bass quantity

I find the bass on the M2s very pleasing incomparison to the PL21 which seemed uncontrolled now that i've listened to the M2s

It may just be you're accustomed to much more bass and maybe headphones with more bass are the way to go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back