Bravo Tube Headphone Amplifier V3 EQ Equalizer valve!
Apr 7, 2010 at 7:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

fiesta

New Head-Fier
Just find this amp on Ebay. I am shocked by the beautiful looking and curios about the sound. What a nice idea it built with a 3-band EQ module. Does anyone have one and share the experience?

The item number on Ebay is: 260580801264
front.jpg

Apr 7, 2010 at 8:13 AM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by fiesta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just find this amp on Ebay. I am shocked by the beautiful looking and curios about the sound. What a nice idea it built with a 3-band EQ module. Does anyone have one and share the experience?

No but you can send me one if you'd like a review.
regular_smile .gif

Apr 7, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #3 of 7
Seems like.... an advertisement.
atsmile.gif

However, as a happy owner of a Bravo V2 (12AU7 version), I am also curious if the EQ does good or bad things to the sound. Bravo is basically a minimalist hybrid, so the EQ makes it less minimal, but perhaps not in a bad way.

If anyone gets one and can compare to the V2 (or the second-gen Indeed) I'd be interested to read about it.

Apr 7, 2010 at 2:47 PM Post #4 of 7
I see that they went back to the 6DJ8 tube family. I am not sure if the equalizer will stay noise free. The seller states;
Beautiful looking Fairy
eek.gif

Apr 8, 2010 at 5:05 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No but you can send me one if you'd like a review.
regular_smile .gif

I may lend it to you if I have more than 2 pcs
icon10.gif

Jun 1, 2010 at 5:20 PM Post #7 of 7
I just received mine today (California) and I can't believe how it sounds. At first, I was skeptical (for HK-made electronics) and it sounds very sweet on my Grado SR325i.  I ordered this for curiousity sake after battling my mind if I have to spend some hard-earned $$ for a Chinese-made electronic.  I am currently playing it from an Ipod Classic source from Leonard Cohen, Marc Cohn, to Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon. Sounds superb with the equalizers positioned all the way down. With my "V" setting, that is where all the sounds not heard from my other reputable U.S. made headphone amp. Then I fed it on my fully upgraded (Blackgates, Solens) Apt Holman preamp thru an upgraded Hafler DH-500 (I have this power amp hooked to a switcher receiving 5 different preamps (Upgraded Hafler DH-110, Belles, Apt Holman, Acurus, Bryston) and all of them gave me sounds resulting in some instrument sources I never heard from my CD player before without the BRAVO headphone amp in between. For now, it is still in "burn" mode and I expect to hear much better sound after at least 50 hours of burn time. (I usually let my new stuff going thru a 2-hour burn, power off for a few minutes and on again for another 2 hours until it reaches at least 50 hours) Why?  My tech has over 30 years of experience in the audio repair business, worked for NASA and a reputable computer company before he permanently retired and concentrate on personal audio repair business specializing on tube amps. Finally you got to give this Headphone Amp some serious listening and decide for yourself. Peace!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back