Bravo Audio V2 - Pop, Red light off.... What?
May 18, 2015 at 2:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

silver8ack

100+ Head-Fier
I received a Bravo Audio V2 today.  Loved it, for about an hour.  Then it made a loud pop through my headphones, and the red light went off.  Jiggling the power cord made the light go back on/off for a bit.  However, now the red light remains off.  Some sound comes out of the V2, however it's very quiet.

What just happened?

Looks like I'll be sending this back.  And I'm not sure I want another, even though I really liked the sound with the DT880 and K7XX.  I have an EH tube coming later this week too :/

Any recommendation on what I can do with this amp or should I just send it back?  Also, what other tube amps would produce a similar sound?  The Vali?  I have a 150 MAX budget.  I'd also look to a SS amp, but I love the tube warmth.  For instance, I do NOT like the Magni2.... too bright with the DT880.  This v2 really hit the sweet spot until it popped and I thought i was being electrocuted.

Edit: unplugging the headphones makes the red light come back on... but it blinks everyonce in a while.

Jul 21, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #2 of 2
I started with a Bravo amp and while they do sound "good", they are basically disposable. The worst part is the printed circuit board (PCB). They are cheap for a reason, try and get your $$ back.

Garage1217.com makes amps with the similar architecture as the Bravo, but with high quality components and customer support second to none.

The Starlight is the entry level model. Go to their site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back