Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Feb 2, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #5,671 of 6,668
Transferring files seems to be more consistent when less programs are running simultaneously. Still weird to me.

On another note, do any of you chaps have a spare screen protector for your AK? Got my second hand and did not come with any.

I have 2 of them, they are different sizes. You can have them for free. I would just send them in an envelope.

Feb 2, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #5,674 of 6,668
Hi guys! 

Just got hold of an ak100ii brand new at a killer price especially as Im in the UK (and the price is normally 1150 dollars and i got it for 800). 

Im having some issues with the newest firmware or the firmware really.

Ive downloaded a manual but it seems that the firmware has changed significantly since the manual was written.

How do you go about playlist control? Im trying to sort playlists and find an "add to playlist" and "play next" but its really confusing as I've just moved from an iPhone.  How do you remove songs from the current playlist? Theres a delete button but I'd rather not delete songs off the device permanently...

I'm really disappointed also that the unit i demo'ed in the shop was running the old software and now the EQ can't be drawn and everything has been messed with. 
Is AK likely to release more updates?

Many thanks!

Feb 2, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #5,675 of 6,668
  Hi guys! 

Just got hold of an ak100ii brand new at a killer price especially as Im in the UK (and the price is normally 1150 dollars and i got it for 800). 

Im having some issues with the newest firmware or the firmware really.

Ive downloaded a manual but it seems that the firmware has changed significantly since the manual was written.

How do you go about playlist control? Im trying to sort playlists and find an "add to playlist" and "play next" but its really confusing as I've just moved from an iPhone.  How do you remove songs from the current playlist? Theres a delete button but I'd rather not delete songs off the device permanently...

I'm really disappointed also that the unit i demo'ed in the shop was running the old software and now the EQ can't be drawn and everything has been messed with. 
Is AK likely to release more updates?

Many thanks!

To remove a song from a playlist go into the playlist and hit the icon right below the time. Then you can select songs and then click the trash can right next to the X. Once you are done, the X closes those options.

Feb 2, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #5,676 of 6,668
Right ok. That works. I was worried that might accidentally delete them all. And in terms of adding to playlist? Also... the loss of the hand drawn equaliser? Likely to return in a future update or?

Feb 2, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #5,677 of 6,668
  Right ok. That works. I was worried that might accidentally delete them all. And in terms of adding to playlist? Also... the loss of the hand drawn equaliser? Likely to return in a future update or?

You can make your own EQ, just have to go into the EQ and make your own, use the add option in the EQ. Give it a name, then you can slide the bars. As for the playlist you can either add them while playing songs, or click the add, then go select all you want, they will highlight, then click add again. After you have them in the playlist, you can drag them to different spots if you want by using the lines on the right of the song title.

Feb 3, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #5,679 of 6,668
Thanks for the help guys.

I had one more question: How would you advise is the best way of charging the AK100ii? The manual suggests 4h buy USB to a computer but I've had mine plugged in for a while now and I find the charging VERY slow. Is this normal? Its plugged it via the included cable to my MBP retina. 

Thanks guys!

Feb 3, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #5,680 of 6,668
I don't have first-hand experience with that laptop, but often times the power output from laptop USB ports is very low. You will get much faster charging speed using any old 1A 5V cell phone wall wart. That's how I've been charging mine for the past year or so.

I had one more question: How would you advise is the best way of charging the AK100ii? The manual suggests 4h buy USB to a computer but I've had mine plugged in for a while now and I find the charging VERY slow. Is this normal? Its plugged it via the included cable to my MBP retina. 

Thanks guys!

Feb 3, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #5,681 of 6,668
Of course, my last post from my cellphone failed miserably.
Laptops often output low current from their USB ports. Try using any old 1A 5V cellphone wallwart charger instead. That's how I have charged mine for the past year.

Feb 3, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #5,682 of 6,668

Thanks guys!

I have a charger plugged into the wall that charges my Galaxy phone and my 100II.

Feb 3, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #5,685 of 6,668
Or use a powered USB strip that has charging ports.  I posted one a bit earlier in this thread.
:) I use my iPhone charger, just put in a micro USB cord and it charges very fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back