Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Feb 1, 2016 at 2:19 AM Post #5,657 of 6,668
I can confirm it (AK100II) does not read cue-files. A real bummer.

Feb 1, 2016 at 6:08 AM Post #5,658 of 6,668
I was playing around with my AK120II this weekend and found a way to play TIDAL on it via an app called Box Control, this is a remote app for products by Pro-Ject Box Design. TIDAL and Spotify are implemented in this app and can be streamed to any UPNP/DLNA device. So when AK Connect is enabled, go to settings and streaming, it should find the AK.

Thought you guys would like that.

Feb 1, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #5,659 of 6,668
I was playing around with my AK120II this weekend and found a way to play TIDAL on it via an app called Box Control, this is a remote app for products by Pro-Ject Box Design. TIDAL and Spotify are implemented in this app and can be streamed to any UPNP/DLNA device. So when AK Connect is enabled, go to settings and streaming, it should find the AK.

Thought you guys would like that.

When you say go to settings and streaming you mean inside the spotify app?

Edit: oh, I got it. It's on the box control app. It's not finding my Ak even though my Ak connect is on already. I can control and stream music from my phone to Ak via ak connect but I can't find the AK on the box control app. Am I doing something wrong?

Feb 1, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #5,660 of 6,668

Edit: oh, I got it. It's on the box control app. It's not finding my Ak even though my Ak connect is on already. I can control and stream music from my phone to Ak via ak connect but I can't find the AK on the box control app. Am I doing something wrong?

very glitchy keeps on crashing better of using bubbleupnp. to stream tidal

Feb 1, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #5,662 of 6,668
As well as using Tidal and Google music on the AK100ii/120ii,I have managed to get spotify on my AK using audiocast and a rooted phone,this was a bit of a hassle and was a bit glitchy,theres a great app now available called Air Audio on google play,you still need a rooted device and after a 5minute demo it will set you back £3.80 but it streams everything including spotify,Deezer and Apple music!!

Feb 1, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #5,663 of 6,668
  Any Mac users have any advice for dealing with Android File Transfer? Mine can handle about half a gig before I get some kind of error message. I've tried swapping cables and restarting any/everything to no avail.

No problems here.  You should have at least half of your memory free to allow it to function happily, maybe you are filled up?

Feb 1, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #5,664 of 6,668
No problems here.  You should have at least half of your memory free to allow it to function happily, maybe you are filled up?

Space is not the issue. AFT experiences problems almost every time I try to transfer music. It usually give me some sort of error message about being unable to access device storage.

Then I have to disconnect, restart AFT and try again.

Feb 1, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #5,665 of 6,668
I've got a 27" iMac from late 2013 running the most up-to-date OS and rarely have any kind of issue.  I moved 60gb to the internal with absolutely no problems.  

If you are having issues loading your card, use a card reader and do it drag and drop.  You only need the File Transfer when moving things to the AK internal memory.

Maybe run DiscWarrior and see if it shows errors.  Also, make sure everything else on your system is turned off.  That might help.

Feb 1, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #5,666 of 6,668
I've got a 27" iMac from late 2013 running the most up-to-date OS and rarely have any kind of issue.  I moved 60gb to the internal with absolutely no problems.  

If you are having issues loading your card, use a card reader and do it drag and drop.  You only need the File Transfer when moving things to the AK internal memory.

Maybe run DiscWarrior and see if it shows errors.  Also, make sure everything else on your system is turned off.  That might help.

Thanks! Will check those suggestions out!

Feb 2, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #5,667 of 6,668

Sorry you're facing problems, it works like a charm with my phone. Very fast and soundquality is good too.

Feb 2, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #5,669 of 6,668

It seems to be the case with me. Too bad :frowning2:

Sorry you're facing problems, it works like a charm with my phone. Very fast and soundquality is good too.

I guess I just have bad luck. Tried it with both iphone and android to no avail. On iphone the ak was detected but couldn't seem to continue streaming.

Feb 2, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #5,670 of 6,668
Transferring files seems to be more consistent when less programs are running simultaneously. Still weird to me.

On another note, do any of you chaps have a spare screen protector for your AK? Got my second hand and did not come with any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back