Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Jul 18, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #4,248 of 6,668
Been a long time forum lurker & decided to register an account here. Nice e-meet you folks here! Great news is I bit the bullet & pre-ordered an AK100II as they are having a great bargain at my local store (roughly $735 at current exchange rate in Malaysia). Current ly running a DX50 (SU firmware) + Cayin C5 amp powering my Shure SE215, Grado 80e, Goldring DR150 for now.... V6 Stage coming in the coming 5 weeks so. Definitely looking forward to toying around the combinations :wink:

Jul 18, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #4,249 of 6,668
  Been a long time forum lurker & decided to register an account here. Nice e-meet you folks here! Great news is I bit the bullet & pre-ordered an AK100II as they are having a great bargain at my local store (roughly $735 at current exchange rate in Malaysia). Current ly running a DX50 (SU firmware) + Cayin C5 amp powering my Shure SE215, Grado 80e, Goldring DR150 for now.... V6 Stage coming in the coming 5 weeks so. Definitely looking forward to toying around the combinations :wink:

Welcome

Jul 18, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #4,250 of 6,668
I've searched and found no mention of it, but my AK100II is eating my album art
eek.gif

I use a single cover.jpg per album normally 500x500.
First of all they are recognised and all is well, but after playing a few files and powering off, it appears to be a lottery whether the cover art will be there when I power back on.
It is not just the current playing album cover that disappears, but every album in that folder structure. It's not just an MTP thing either, the cover.jpgs are all missing when I mount the SD card in a reader. I can replace them , but after a while they will be gone again.
Has anyone else seen this or have any clue what may be the problem?
I've checked the card in Windows and no issues are found. It is a sandisk 128GB, which has previously been very reliable. It is just the cover.jpgs that get deleted all the music files are fine.

Jul 18, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #4,251 of 6,668
  I've searched and found no mention of it, but my AK100II is eating my album art
eek.gif

I use a single cover.jpg per album normally 500x500.
First of all they are recognised and all is well, but after playing a few files and powering off, it appears to be a lottery whether the cover art will be there when I power back on.
It is not just the current playing album cover that disappears, but every album in that folder structure. It's not just an MTP thing either, the cover.jpgs are all missing when I mount the SD card in a reader. I can replace them , but after a while they will be gone again.
Has anyone else seen this or have any clue what may be the problem?
I've checked the card in Windows and no issues are found. It is a sandisk 128GB, which has previously been very reliable. It is just the cover.jpgs that get deleted all the music files are fine.

I've noticed that sometimes I need to reboot the DAP in order for album art to appear after loading new files, but I've never had files get deleted like you're describing.  Are you certain the device is doing it, and it isn't happening when it's connected to your computer?

One thing you could try is renaming your jpg's to something less generic.  I sync from JRiver Media Center and the album art files are named "[Album Artist] - [Album].jpg"

Jul 18, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #4,252 of 6,668
A strange behavior in my AK100ii. All my files are ALAC but for some reason there are a few albums where AK100ii could not play/read the files and it put an _ in front of the file. I pop the card out and put it in my R10 and they are fine. I erased the card from in the AK100ii and copied the same files back and the problem persist. I tried a brand new card (both cards are Sandisk 128GB)  same problem. Both cards are ok on my R10.

Jul 18, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #4,253 of 6,668
  I've noticed that sometimes I need to reboot the DAP in order for album art to appear after loading new files, but I've never had files get deleted like you're describing.  Are you certain the device is doing it, and it isn't happening when it's connected to your computer?

One thing you could try is renaming your jpg's to something less generic.  I sync from JRiver Media Center and the album art files are named "[Album Artist] - [Album].jpg"

I see what you're getting at. Maybe something is triggering a batch delete of cover.jpg. Different names would prevent that, but all my music has a cover.jpg and this is a system that should work.
It's definitely the AK as it has happened without a connection to the PC.
I've moved the contents of the problem folder to the root of the card for now, so maybe if anything goes it will be just the one album.

Jul 18, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #4,254 of 6,668
  A strange behavior in my AK100ii. All my files are ALAC but for some reason there are a few albums where AK100ii could not play/read the files and it put an _ in front of the file. I pop the card out and put it in my R10 and they are fine. I erased the card from in the AK100ii and copied the same files back and the problem persist. I tried a brand new card (both cards are Sandisk 128GB)  same problem. Both cards are ok on my R10.

I'm a PC user, but that sounds like a MAC system file to me. There are a few programs available to delete all MAC system files from your card. A search should find it or perhaps a MAC user will chime in here.

Jul 19, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #4,256 of 6,668
Hi, I think I may have accidentally cracked my Ak120II screen. The screen is not working but there is still sound coming out from the earphones if I press the manual play button. I also can't detect the drive by plugging it to my computer. I have attempted to send emails to iriver usa via the support email but I have not heard back in a couple of days. Does any of you know if there's an alternative AK contact that I can reach out to fix my unit? Thanks

Jul 19, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #4,257 of 6,668

contact them through there face
Hi, I think I may have accidentally cracked my Ak120II screen. The screen is not working but there is still sound coming out from the earphones if I press the manual play button. I also can't detect the drive by plugging it to my computer. I have attempted to send emails to iriver usa via the support email but I have not heard back in a couple of days. Does any of you know if there's an alternative AK contact that I can reach out to fix my unit? Thanks

contact them through there Facebook page . although not fast you will get a response within a couple of days.

Jul 20, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #4,259 of 6,668
As long as its not power on while charging. Also don't charge using AC wall charger. I will charge when battery level is less than 40%.

Why not the wall charger?  Thanks!

Jul 20, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #4,260 of 6,668
I think these newer AK's have built in over-charge protection circuits. Because, once the unit is charging, it gets really warm. After it's charged fully (and still left plugged in), it doesn't get warm anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back