Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Dec 4, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #2,506 of 6,668
Ok, I don't like to be someone who doesn't find their own way but I have searched on the AK site, with the link kindly provided on a previous page, but I can't find the actual FW to download for the AK100II. 

Dec 4, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #2,509 of 6,668
  Ok, I don't like to be someone who doesn't find their own way but I have searched on the AK site, with the link kindly provided on a previous page, but I can't find the actual FW to download for the AK100II. 

I don't think there is a public link.  I'm pretty sure you'll have to download it from the AK unit itself, via wireless operation.  

Dec 4, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #2,510 of 6,668
  My 240 & Bose Minilink pairing perfectly with Bluetooth.

Weird.  I've never liked Bluetooth (every single instance I've tried to use it over the past 6 or so years has resulted in much frustration and it never working).  On *any* device I've ever owned.  

Old Nokia 6300 - was never able to pair it to my computer
iPhone 4s - not able to pair to my sister's Android phone
AK 120 II - not even able to detect the jam box unit...

Dec 4, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #2,511 of 6,668

I don't think there is a public link.  I'm pretty sure you'll have to download it from the AK unit itself, via wireless operation.  

jamato8 ignored my previous post that one can update the firmwire via Wifi.

My guess is that he doesn't have Wifi around him.

Dec 4, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #2,512 of 6,668
So, someone else mentioned it also.
Does anyone else feel there is more bottom end weight with the latest firmware?

It seems as such to me, however since I went from balanced to single end, from gold/silver cable to a silver cable in the same breath as updating so I cannot really say with any certainty

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #2,513 of 6,668
Also, 
I can set bluetooth phone audio as on for AK, and this alerts me to calls etc, however it defaults to bluetooth headset, but clearly the ak cannot process a mic signal and also no phone audio comes through.

Wonder if this is something they are planning on/hardware is capable of in the future.
Because only one step further is BT Streaming.  But that is one GIANT step :p

I would then consider these the most amazing dap ever.
USB Dac (even otg Android), amazing sound, perfect UI, amazing looks and bluetooth streaming in AND out.
What more could you want from a gadget?

Anyway, end excited child post.

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #2,514 of 6,668

Yeah, agreed.  But - I would prefer to download the firmware update and put it on a memory card and do it that way to be honest - far more safer than on the fly with wifi imho!  wifi is NOT a reliable network transmission setup imho...

So, someone else mentioned it also.
Does anyone else feel there is more bottom end weight with the latest firmware?

It seems as such to me, however since I went from balanced to single end, from gold/silver cable to a silver cable in the same breath as updating so I cannot really say with any certainty

Yes, there's more bottom end and weight.  I'm still evaluating the new firmware before saying what I think and will try and do that over the coming weekend (might be a bit hard as I have to work Saturday).

Also, 
I can set bluetooth phone audio as on for AK, and this alerts me to calls etc, however it defaults to bluetooth headset, but clearly the ak cannot process a mic signal and also no phone audio comes through.

Wonder if this is something they are planning on/hardware is capable of in the future.
Because only one step further is BT Streaming.  But that is one GIANT step :p

I would then consider these the most amazing dap ever.
USB Dac (even otg Android), amazing sound, perfect UI, amazing looks and bluetooth streaming in AND out.
What more could you want from a gadget?

Anyway, end excited child post.

I see no reason why the unit can't do bluetooth or wireless streaming out of the box.  A standard android device does it OOTB...it seems to me that AK has dumbed the Android o/s down to disable standard Android functionality, so that it can then use its proprietary MQS setup...

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #2,515 of 6,668

Didn't see your post to ignore. :^) I don't have the II yet. I was wanting to download the FW and have it ready but now I realize you have to have the unit. I have all types of Wifi, all around me. 

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #2,516 of 6,668

Didn't see your post to ignore. :^) I don't have the II yet. I was wanting to download the FW and have it ready but now I realize you have to have the unit. I have all types of Wifi, all around me. 

In that case, I'd go the WiFi route...really simple and quick. 
redface.gif

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #2,517 of 6,668

Weird.  I've never liked Bluetooth (every single instance I've tried to use it over the past 6 or so years has resulted in much frustration and it never working).  On *any* device I've ever owned.  

Old Nokia 6300 - was never able to pair it to my computer
iPhone 4s - not able to pair to my sister's Android phone
AK 120 II - not even able to detect the jam box unit...

Well.  Bluetooth, for me, is for casual listening.  I don't do much 240/Bose/Bluetooth as most of the time my 240 is being used at work (with my Tralucent Ref.1/Uber).  I also streaming music via Bluetooth to my Sony bluetooth earphones while I'm cycling and that's about it. 

Due to its bandwidth (to my knowledge), Bluetooth is not designed for high resolution quality reproduction and thus it is not a key function that I'm care about with my 240.  Oh, forgot, it [Bluetooth] does serve to remote control the 240 playback when the 240 is being used as my main system's player...optical out).

Cheers 

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #2,518 of 6,668
  Well.  Bluetooth, for me, is for casual listening.  I don't do much 240/Bose/Bluetooth as most of the time my 240 is being used at work (with my Tralucent Ref.1/Uber).  I also streaming music via Bluetooth to my Sony bluetooth earphones while I'm cycling and that's about it. 

Due to its bandwidth (to my knowledge), Bluetooth is not designed for high resolution quality reproduction and thus it is not a key function that I'm care about with my 240.  Oh, forgot, it [Bluetooth] does serve to remote control the 240 playback when the 240 is being used as my main system's player...optical out).

Cheers 

yeah, that's my understanding that Bluetooth doesn't stream high res due to the limited bandwidth of the wireless signal.  I just have never been able to get it to work on ANY device I've ever owned...pity too.  

Dec 4, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #2,519 of 6,668
Hi all. I just updated my new AK100ii. Now having a problem with the volume knob. The unit prior to the update was functioning perfectly. Now when I turn the volume knob it randomly jumps volume. One time 2db, then 20db, then .5db. Always different. So bummed as it was fine before. Trying to go back a firmware version. No luck. Anyone else notice this?

Dec 4, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #2,520 of 6,668
Hi all. I just updated my new AK100ii. Now having a problem with the volume knob. The unit prior to the update was functioning perfectly. Now when I turn the volume knob it randomly jumps volume. One time 2db, then 20db, then .5db. Always different. So bummed as it was fine before. Trying to go back a firmware version. No luck. Anyone else notice this?

That's dagerous as this might hurt your hearing by accidentally jump to a high volume level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back