Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Oct 18, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #1,787 of 6,668
If I used the balanced out, could I hook that to the balanced input of my RSA Intruder? I don't plan on stacking them often, but I will on occasion I'm sure.

Doing my morning walk right now, AK100II, Whiplash TWau V3, and Ref 1. Definitely better to walk with this than my Rwak120b. Sound quality is quite good, slightly blacker, better separation, etc. I'm definitely enjoying it more than yesterday. I look at this beautiful device and smile, aesthetically it's perfect to me.

Oct 18, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #1,788 of 6,668
If I used the balanced out, could I hook that to the balanced input of my RSA Intruder? I don't plan on stacking them often, but I will on occasion I'm sure.

Doing my morning walk right now, AK100II, Whiplash TWau V3, and Ref 1. Definitely better to walk with this than my Rwak120b. Sound quality is quite good, slightly blacker, better separation, etc. I'm definitely enjoying it more than yesterday. I look at this beautiful device and smile, aesthetically it's perfect to me.

Morning walk in Florida...paradise.

Oct 18, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #1,790 of 6,668

Yes, you can, but my guess is that there won't be a big difference between using the balanced out directly from the AK vs the balanced out on the Intruder. With my Noble K10 and my old RSA SR-71B, anyway, it didn't make much of a difference, other than maybe just a touch more bass and overall smoothness. With headphones that are tougher to drive, though, you might notice a bigger change. While out walking,I wouldn't bother with a stack, but I like to not carry lots of stuff.

Oct 19, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #1,792 of 6,668
Sorry 120ii. I had a 120, Rwak120b actually which I just sold.

For some reason I wasn't getting updates via Email and missed your reply.  Most people are saying that the AK120 II is even better than the AK100 II.  I think you're in for a treat.

Oct 19, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #1,793 of 6,668
The bluetooth functionality on AK120II works well with my BMW and Mercedes . The sound quality is excellent, the connection is a breeze and they reflect the source file on your player.

Oct 19, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #1,794 of 6,668
My AK120ii is unable to find the MQS server on my mac on the same network. Any ideas to debug?

Oct 19, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #1,795 of 6,668
My AK120ii is unable to find the MQS server on my mac on the same network. Any ideas to debug?

Is your mac connected to the same router that your AK120ii connects to? Make sure both are on the same IP subnet. Also, make sure the firewall on your mac isn't blocking the MQS server application.

Oct 19, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #1,796 of 6,668
Is your mac connected to the same router that your AK120ii connects to? Make sure both are on the same IP subnet. Also, make sure the firewall on your mac isn't blocking the MQS server application.

Firewall was Off the whole time. Turning the wifi OFF and then ON on the Mac, solved it. Thanks for the help.

Oct 19, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #1,797 of 6,668
Only problem I have with MQS server is it drops out and crashes my app on the ak100ii.
This is most likely due to large numbers of files in each folder.

(I was really lazy, I had a heap of old horrid quality MP3's from 10 years ago that were everywhere through my PC.
I thought I would setup those drives in MQS server and just hit random on the player, hoping to re-acquaint myself with some old favourites then go on the hunt for HD versions.

Sadly this worked for a while, but crashes regularly.

Guess thats what I get for being lazy haha.

Oct 19, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #1,798 of 6,668
  Only problem I have with MQS server is it drops out and crashes my app on the ak100ii.
This is most likely due to large numbers of files in each folder.

(I was really lazy, I had a heap of old horrid quality MP3's from 10 years ago that were everywhere through my PC.
I thought I would setup those drives in MQS server and just hit random on the player, hoping to re-acquaint myself with some old favourites then go on the hunt for HD versions.

Sadly this worked for a while, but crashes regularly.

Guess thats what I get for being lazy haha.

Nah, its just your AK100ii is rejecting the MP3s. Eventually, if you force feed it MP3s enough, it'll stop trying to kill itself and just accept it.

Oct 20, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #1,800 of 6,668
Hahahaha gold.

I dont want it to get used to them. It may get lazy.

AK probably submits their players through shock therapy during their burn-in process before they ship them. They'll feed the players a random assortment of music files and send a shock whenever it plays an MP3 or other lossy file.

I can see it now... :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back