Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Aug 21, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #1,141 of 6,668
Next week I will be ordering the AK100ii, My question is I have bout a thousands songs on ITunes, Wich is better or faster to transfer them onto the 100II, media monkey,or what I have all ready which is Windows media? Thanks and looking forward to playing these through my Oppo PM-1..
Mike

MediaMonkey works great for me.

I have multiple "sets" defined on my storage, then I use MediaMonkey to transfer the set i want.

Still a pity that OTG storage is not supported, simply hook up a 500GB SSD over micro USB and play.
The FIIO X5 can do that ... I hope the AK will too soon, I think it is pure software related.

Aug 21, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #1,142 of 6,668
Next week I will be ordering the AK100ii, My question is I have bout a thousands songs on ITunes, Wich is better or faster to transfer them onto the 100II, media monkey,or what I have all ready which is Windows media? Thanks and looking forward to playing these through my Oppo PM-1..
Mike

Just found this on the iRiver website:

http://www.iriver.com/iriverplus/plus4.asp

.... eeh, the iRiver Application does not even see the AK100 II ...   :-/
So ... MediaMonkey it is ...

Aug 21, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #1,143 of 6,668
Hi,

After weighting the pros and cons of several candidates, my two finalists would be either the recently added RWAK120II or the RWAK240...
To be paired with my FitEarToGo 334 and replacing my DX100.

I am still waiting on a proper review/comparison of AK120II vs AK240 (I saw someone on the forum who would be doing such a review soon, as soon as he got the missing player). That might be the deciding factor.

Then, I will wait for the next good deal on AK products.

Any thoughts ? (please do not advise me to get a chord hugo, I am sure it is great, but to me it is not portable anymore :)

Aug 21, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #1,144 of 6,668
I've been having similar thoughts... Just difficult to get some. reviews on the rwak models. Personally, I think I lean more towards the rwak120ii as I think that fits my sound signature preference better... Plus, I love the design of that unit. I don't think I'd like the regular AK240, so I'd probably send it out for the mod too.

my choice would be:

rwak120ii
rwak240
ak240

Aug 22, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #1,148 of 6,668
  For some reason I am now having issues with transferring files over to the AK100II. After a few songs are sent over from my Mac using the Android File Transfer app, an error pops up saying "Could not copy file.."

I am trying to transfer music to the internal storage area, as I had no issues at all with my 128gb Sandisk card. It's strange.

I do get this problem when transfering music to the AK100II internal storage, I think I'll just wait for a firmware update for this fix. I got the error pop up only once btw

Aug 22, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #1,153 of 6,668

Just found this on the iRiver website:

http://www.iriver.com/iriverplus/plus4.asp

.... eeh, the iRiver Application does not even see the AK100 II ...   :-/
So ... MediaMonkey it is ...

I have tried Iriver and Media monkey and the sync is slow and always wrong. There are times when it repeat syncing the same thing over and over again even though the files is already in the device. Big waste of time. The last straw was Device reported full when I just want to add a new album in it and is far from full.

I am using good sync instead. And it clean up the files automatically, does not sync stuff over and over again. Every time I plug it in,  It will automatically compare the source folder with Device folder and if it notice a change, it will sync only that part. Perfect. Now everything is in sync. Good thing about it is I can see the right column as my source and left as AK240. I can see exactly what is going on as its left and right comparison. Best of all, if I delete a track in AK240, the source will be deleted too.. There is an option for a 2 way sync or 1 way sync (source to AK only). 

Aug 22, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #1,154 of 6,668
I used my Sony JA50ES MD-deck as a 20-bit DAC for my AK100II using optical. The output is connected to the Little Dot MKIII tube amplifier. The Shure SE846 is connected to the MKIII. The sound is pretty amazing.

Aug 22, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #1,155 of 6,668

For some reason I am now having issues with transferring files over to the AK100II. After a few songs are sent over from my Mac using the Android File Transfer app, an error pops up saying "Could not copy file.."

I am trying to transfer music to the internal storage area, as I had no issues at all with my 128gb Sandisk card. It's strange.

I do get this problem when transfering music to the AK100II internal storage, I think I'll just wait for a firmware update for this fix. I got the error pop up only once btw

I was having the same issue too. It seems that it doesn't let you copy over new folders--i.e. you cant copy over a folder for an artist that contains Albums > Songs. 

What you can do though, is open up iTunes, select all the songs, and drag that in to the music folder of your AK100II. Of course you'll lose your folder structure, but at least it will be on your device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back