Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Oct 27, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #4,216 of 4,426
Did anyone found a cable that is superior in SQ or at least at the same level, then the Uber cable?

Yes.   THE UBER cable.  As each and every new day I'm listening to it I've found new joy.

Oct 27, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #4,217 of 4,426
Did anyone found a cable that is superior in SQ or at least at the same level, then the Uber cable?

Yes.   THE UBER cable.  As each and every new day I'm listening to it I've found new joy.

Hi, are you talking about the Uber or Uber Too? A bit of explanation between the two will be greatly appreciated ☕.

Oct 27, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #4,218 of 4,426
Hi, are you talking about the Uber or Uber Too? A bit of explanation between the two will be greatly appreciated ☕.

Don't have the Uber Too only have the original Uber and has been using it for the last 3 years.  

Should you identify your Ref.1 Too or Ref.1 as your primary IEM and I don't think the venture to experimenting with other cables in trying to harvest  better outcome than that of the Ubers.  Reason is simple... Gavin has spent tremendous amount of time to fine tune his products and one key aspect that none of us could possibly deliver...is the synergy between cable and IEMs.

Oct 27, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #4,220 of 4,426
Thank you for your explanation.So the Ref1 vs Ref1 Too, they are tunned differently? Have you heard them both?

Did audition the Ref.1 Too when it was at its final prototype stage before went in production.  I do not own the Too. 

The Too has a different bass structure as well as a different balance between all 3 spectrums (from low to high) when compared to the original (to which more emphasis on the lower end).  The original goes deeper in very deep bass while the Too has slightly stronger mid bass.  This is as far as I remembered.

Oct 27, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #4,221 of 4,426
Sounds like i thought will be the case, with Ref1 having more bass from my research..Now i need to find an affordable Uber cable.I was very impressed without the Uber cable listening to the Tera Player and movies.
Have you tried the Plus5? Comfort will be a big bonus for me as i have small years.

Oct 27, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #4,224 of 4,426
Sounds like i thought will be the case, with Ref1 having more bass from my research..Now i need to find an affordable Uber cable.I was very impressed without the Uber cable listening to the Tera Player and movies.
Have you tried the Plus5? Comfort will be a big bonus for me as i have small years.

Owning the Ref.1 (or Too) without the Uber Too (I'd recommend the Uber Too as it seems more versatile in terms of mobility) is a big miss.  Your Tera/Ref.1 Too combo will go to a new level that you'd pleased with the investment [on the Too].

Oct 27, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #4,226 of 4,426
Interesting,do hear this with the Uber cable?

Uber Too

Any ideas how much will it cost for a Uber Too cable?

Is it a big jump in SQ vs the Silver/Gold cable?

You can get a deal when buying a new iem, otherwise I believe it's $1500, or maybe $1800. One of those. Yes, definitely an improvement over stock.

Oct 28, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #4,227 of 4,426
Uber Too
You can get a deal when buying a new iem, otherwise I believe it's $1500, or maybe $1800. One of those. Yes, definitely an improvement over stock.

Check out the price list at the end of the first post on the Plus5 thread. :)

Oct 28, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #4,229 of 4,426
Oct 28, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #4,230 of 4,426
I'm really sorry guys but it does concern me a little bit when people talk about a night and day difference with cables. I'd love to know how many people have done actuall AxB testing between different cable options?

I have tested a number of different cables and I honestly couldn't hear a difference between them. Now my hearing may not be as good as everyone else's here, but if you also take into consideration the fact there is zero scientific evidence to back up cable theory and strong suggestion that it is mostly placebo based, then it starts to feel like things are getting massively blown out of all reasonable proportion.

I'm sorry if it feels like I'm rocking the boat here, but I felt quite uncomfortable seeing another forum member having it suggested to him that he won't get the most out of his incredibley expensive TOTL IEM, unless he purchases an equally expensive cable.

Sorry, just the way I feel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back