Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Oct 16, 2016 at 1:50 AM Post #4,111 of 4,426
After all this Ref 1 talk I decided that it was time to dust them off... Rocking the Cowon P1, Mojo, uBer Too, and finally... My glorious Ref 1...I missed my precious!!!

Really is one of the best IEMS created. Damn do I love the Ref 1 and Too so damn much!!!

Keep nodding your head and tap your toe... Let it rock thru your weekend, warrior :)

Oct 16, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #4,112 of 4,426
Not 100% certain yet, but I may be about to sell my Ref1 toos and grab some Rhapsodio Solars instead.

Not put them up for sale yet, but I have the itch and that's usually a bad sign :D

Oct 16, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #4,113 of 4,426
Keep nodding your head and tap your toe... Let it rock thru your weekend, warrior :)

Was already rocking with them this morning with the uBer Too. Somehow, I managed to fall asleep with them in my ears last night. Fell asleep on my back fortunately. I did have my Noble K10s on my chest with the stock Noble cable, ready to swap them for my precious prior to falling asleep... Fell asleep without swapping. Woke up around 5am this morning with my precious still in my ears. Oops. The Nobles are my goto for sleep now. They are built very well, with that metal housing I don't worry about damaging them much. I worry a little about the pins, but better to break my $1650 K10s than any of my Tralucent IEMS.

Not 100% certain yet, but I may be about to sell my Ref1 toos and grab some Rhapsodio Solars instead.

Not put them up for sale yet, but I have the itch and that's usually a bad sign :D

Ooooooh no!!! Don't do it!! Have you heard them yet? I read lots of good about them. I do know, I will definitely purchase other IEMs, but never again to sell my Tralucent babies. No matter what.

Oct 16, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #4,114 of 4,426
Ooooooh no!!! Don't do it!! Have you heard them yet? I read lots of good about them. I do know, I will definitely purchase other IEMs, but never again to sell my Tralucent babies. No matter what.

I know, I know! The thing is, as best as I can understand they are fairly similar sounding IEMs with an emphasis on bass and the thing is, I can get a great deal on the Solars + they can be custom fit, unlike the Ref1 toos.

It's not a decision I'm going to take lightly, but I'm asking the opinions of a few people who have owned both and at the moment the Solar is coming out in front.

Oct 16, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #4,115 of 4,426

There is a high chance that your change [to Rhapsodio Solar] is just for a different sound signature but not necessarily for something better.  As these high end IEMs (no knowledge on Rhapsodio Solar's pricing though as I'm not interested in)  have already performed in a very high level and only to have different interpretation of the music. I bet you won't see day and night differences among them.

Oct 16, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #4,116 of 4,426

There is a high chance that your change [to Rhapsodio Solar] is just for a different sound signature but not necessarily for something better.  As these high end IEMs (no knowledge on Rhapsodio Solar's pricing though as I'm not interested in)  have already performed in a very high level and only to have different interpretation of the music. I bet you won't see day and night differences among them.

I totally agree, but if you read my comment above I can get the Solars for a great deal and I can also have them custom fitted.

I have no quality issues with the Ref1 too, it's more of a sideways move for less money and added comfort and isolation

Oct 16, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #4,119 of 4,426
I think if you can get a good deal you should not pass it.
And that's good also if you want to move to CIEM.

^^^Agreed - He knows what he's talking about - good deals don't come up that often on top tier IEMs, you snooze you lose 
wink.gif

Oct 16, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #4,120 of 4,426
You need a good seal. My first time with the OG Ref 1 I almost sold because it had no bass. I was wrong... Extremely wrong. Keep playing with it until you get a good seal. I'm a certified basshead, and it has my stamp of approval. :wink:

Best tips for me, spiral dots, spin fits, Sony, and RHA. In that order. Some others like ortofon.

Just don't give up on them, trust me the bass is there. I only own basshead IEMS, and in bass quantity the Ref 1 Too ranks 2 or 3 out of some serious basshead IEMS.

How far are you inserting them?

Oct 16, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #4,121 of 4,426
Hey guys, I tried my Ref1 with Whiplash Twcu cable and sounds really bad. I heard some distorsions,sibilant and there is almost no bass. Where is the thunderous bass? I couldn't find best fit and I tried with stock red and spinfit tips. There is something wrong.

Are you sure the polarity is correct when you attached the two pin plug connection?

Only that cable?

Oct 16, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #4,122 of 4,426
You need a good seal. My first time with the OG Ref 1 I almost sold because it had no bass. I was wrong... Extremely wrong. Keep playing with it until you get a good seal. I'm a certified basshead, and it has my stamp of approval.
wink.gif

Best tips for me, spiral dots, spin fits, Sony, and RHA. In that order. Some others like ortofon.

Just don't give up on them, trust me the bass is there. I only own basshead IEMS, and in bass quantity the Ref 1 Too ranks 2 or 3 out of some serious basshead IEMS.

How far are you inserting them?

Absolutely this! The Ref1 bass is thunderous if you get a good seal, but that seal is essential.

Spin fits work well, but Spiral dots are far more comfortable with an equally good seal

Oct 16, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #4,123 of 4,426
Hey guys, I tried my Ref1 with Whiplash Twcu cable and sounds really bad. I heard some distorsions,sibilant and there is almost no bass. Where is the thunderous bass? I couldn't find best fit and I tried with stock red and spinfit tips. There is something wrong.

Firstly, the whiplash cable you are using is known to be slow and thereby give sense of warmth etc.

Secondly, I would try either Ortofon or JVC Spiral Dots. Better seal. Ortofons use excellent silicon which is comfy and gives nice seal. Spiral Dots have large bore which is good for the Ref1 Too and come in inbetween sizes like ML. So, chances are you will find one size that fits best.

Hope that helps

Oct 16, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #4,124 of 4,426

Ref.1 has very good bass with "texture" and it can be had with the Tralucent stock silver/gold cable...if you want the ultimate...then you need the Tralucent Uber cable.  Synergy is one thing hard to achieve in hi fi while Tralucent spent time on testing to achieve the best results from their IEMs, why bother with other cables and at the end it's an exercise of wasting your resources (money).

Cheers

Oct 16, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #4,125 of 4,426
Thank you all, I don't want to sell my Ref1 :)
I tried all way for seal but still I couldn't find the best. Here is some photo.

I've spinfit and Rha tips. I'll buy also Spiral dots.
Kiats maybe ypu are right I have to try another cable, maybe the problem is Whiplash cable.

@h20fidelity I plugged R and L correct positions. And plug is too tight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back