Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Oct 9, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #4,096 of 4,426
A large percentage of pairing an IEM is synergy related, particularly the tonality can be effected. Areas like refinement can be noticed varying at higher volume levels. The Sony ZX1 sounded quite good with Ref.1 and probably an end-game result depending on your expectations. I could hear the ZX1 sounding a little brittle, bright or edgy and a loose in refinment at higher volumes. Its rather important to either test a player before purchasing or at least get an opinion from someone you trust. Otherwise you can end up with the wrong player along side an otherwise very capable IEM.

Take my AK300 for example, I think it sounds nice with 1Plus2.2 especially for a non-fatiguing long listening session. Although I do prefer hearing the 2.2 more vibrant with leading edged out clairty levels. A player like iBasso DX90 will bring this out from them but you lose out in other areas again.

Oct 9, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #4,097 of 4,426
  A large percentage of pairing an IEM is synergy related, particularly the tonality can be effected. Areas like refinement can be noticed varying at higher volume levels. The Sony ZX1 sounded quite good with Ref.1 and probably an end-game result depending on your expectations. I could hear the ZX1 sounding a little brittle, bright or edgy and a loose in refinment at higher volumes. Its rather important to either test a player before purchasing or at least get an opinion from someone you trust. Otherwise you can end up with the wrong player along side an otherwise very capable IEM.

Take my AK300 for example, I think it sounds nice with 1Plus2.2 especially for a non-fatiguing long listening session. Although I do prefer hearing the 2.2 more vibrant with leading edged out clairty levels. A player like iBasso DX90 will bring this out from them but you lose out in other areas again.

Absolutely this. A good IEM can bring out the best in a player and vice versa

Oct 9, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #4,098 of 4,426

Absolutely this. A good IEM can bring out the best in a player and vice versa

Another example would be Chord Mojo.

While I think its a good unit worth its reputation I was wanting more than 'look at my IEM with Mojo'. I wanted to keep Mojo and use it, twice was needed to confirm. The unit looked great under my DX50, even had a nice setup using it with a 10" tablet. In the end, the synergy imo with each Tralucent IEM just wasn't there personally or at a level I considered excelling. 

Oct 9, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #4,099 of 4,426
Don't like the device and don't like the sound.A bit too digital for my liking.

Are you sure it was the QP1R? I can understand not liking the device as it isn't to everyone's taste, but it sounds sublime! It's definitely not digital sounding, to my ears anyway. The current mode amplification they've created is something else.

I'll let you have a proper listen, next time I see you :D

Didn't hear it with the current mode amplification but i am willing to try it, and see what have changed.

Oct 9, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #4,100 of 4,426
I wouldn't dare to say this, but maybe with new IEMS you might like another player better...or you might not.
wink.gif

As far as the cable, it's a cable. Ultimately, if you like it, does it matter what the internals are? I certainly could care less.

Absolutely.  The sound matters...period...what else we need to know about?  Focusing on enjoying the music rather...is that something that we all striding for?

Oct 15, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #4,102 of 4,426
True Dat

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=true%20dat

Or should i say Tralu Dap :wink:

I see what you did there :)

Have you had a chance to get over to Indulgence this weekend mate ?

Oct 15, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #4,103 of 4,426
I see what you did there
smily_headphones1.gif

Have you had a chance to get over to Indulgence this weekend mate ?

Unfortunately not as flew back to UK today and have plans tomorrow - so too busy. next time mate
My wallet is grateful 
biggrin.gif

Oct 15, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #4,105 of 4,426
Oct 15, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #4,107 of 4,426
Big love among the Ref1 family :)

Oct 16, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #4,110 of 4,426
After all this Ref 1 talk I decided that it was time to dust them off... Rocking the Cowon P1, Mojo, uBer Too, and finally... My glorious Ref 1...I missed my precious!!!

Really is one of the best IEMS created. Damn do I love the Ref 1 and Too so damn much!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back