Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Nov 1, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #2,251 of 4,426
Yes sir, that's me. Although, I've been limiting that more now. I have been using my Shure Se846 in the gym most of the time now, just easier and I don't worry about them near as much as my Ref 1.

Heheh! Well, if you are just wearing it in the transit to and from work, it should be fine. :)

Nov 1, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #2,252 of 4,426
I'd using for very long limited time inside, between work and gym, I don't spend much time with my Fiancé, so music when she's home, not really an option. I'd use it primarily for walking... I seriously doubt I'd get another cable... Between the modular Whiplash and my TWag V3 8 strand... Just no real need... But I could get the Uber strictly for the Ref 1... Glue that bitch on and call it a day!!

Nov 1, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #2,253 of 4,426
I'd using for very long limited time inside, between work and gym, I don't spend much time with my Fiancé, so music when she's home, not really an option. I'd use it primarily for walking... I seriously doubt I'd get another cable... Between the modular Whiplash and my TWag V3 8 strand... Just no real need... But I could get the Uber strictly for the Ref 1... Glue that bitch on and call it a day!!

Love your last line above.

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #2,254 of 4,426
Ive decided on the 240...anyway, if anyone has a questions between the 2 devices, please let me know. I will have both for a short period. I'm not too sure I'll hear any difference between them, but I am really hoping so. I can test both balanced and SE, or of course se with the stock cable.

Nov 3, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #2,255 of 4,426
Warrior;

To your concerns. apparently according to a source from Dimitri, it is an improvement on the ergonomics & asthetics.
The Uber 2 is not gonna be as fragile. I hope he won't mind me quoting him, but his words exactly:

Quote:

"New Uber cable looks, feels and performs better.
It is less fragile, it has a silver mesh cable wrapping around the Silver/Gold 24 karats wire 
The sound is just out of the ordinary, technology is newer and more advances.
I heard from customers at the booth that new Uber outperforms the old model."

Apparently it is not out yet for while, but plan to get it with my Ref 1 order.
No telling the uBer 2 upgrades on everything; including an upgrade in price 
tongue_smile.gif

A bit more expensive than the Ref 1 if I'm correct.

IMHO, it looks similar to the $2000~ RHA-5000 "solid core silver gold cable" from Ranko's $6000 limited edition RIE-2020,
but obviously will be tuned different.

IMG of uBer 2 below.

I actually like its appearance. After the Y-split, its almost reminiscent of the black-sleeve Silver/Gold.

Nov 3, 2014 at 3:27 AM Post #2,256 of 4,426
  Warrior;

To your concerns. apparently according to a source from Dimitri, it is an improvement on the ergonomics & asthetics.
The Uber 2 is not gonna be as fragile. I hope he won't mind me quoting him, but his words exactly:

Quote:

Apparently it is not out yet for while, but plan to get it with my Ref 1 order.
No telling the uBer 2 upgrades on everything; including an upgrade in price 
tongue_smile.gif

A bit more expensive than the Ref 1 if I'm correct.

IMHO, it looks similar to the $2000~ RHA-5000 "solid core silver gold cable" from Ranko's $6000 limited edition RIE-2020,
but obviously will be tuned different.

IMG of uBer 2 below.

I actually like its appearance. After the Y-split, its almost reminiscent of the black-sleeve Silver/Gold.

It looks like more flexible after the y-split than the old one

Nov 3, 2014 at 4:41 AM Post #2,258 of 4,426
Quote:

Agreed. Though don't have another picture to tell if the other half is different.

Quote:
Guess what guys, the Uber Too cable is coming! Specially designed for the Ref. 1 and

" ... is a completely new cable that was designed specifically for the Ref.1. ... lifts the sonics of the Ref.1 to another level. More details, better fluency, larger soundstaging and better control, tightening and texture to the bass. "

According to flkin, the uBer 2 is tuned to the Ref 1. More so, imagine;
              If the new uBer is to the Ref 1, what the old one is to the 1plus2 (from like 70% to 100%), then the combination of Ref 1 + uBer (2) would be just crazy!!!
              Especially since some consider Ref 1+Silver/Gold  > 1plus2+Uber! Of course since none of us have heard it yet, it's all hypothesising... hmmm

Nov 3, 2014 at 4:45 AM Post #2,259 of 4,426

If the new uBer is to the Ref 1, what the old one is to the 1plus2 (from like 80% to 100), then the combination of Ref 1 + uBer (2) would be just crazy!!!
              Especially since some consider Ref 1+Silver/Gold  > 1plus2+Uber! Of cause since none of us have heard it, it's all hypothesis-ing... hmmm

If someone is planning to upgrade and selling his uber 1.0 please PM me with price.  I might consider to get a second set with one single-ended and one balanced.  I'm nuts I think.

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #2,260 of 4,426

If someone is planning to upgrade and selling his uber 1.0 please PM me with price.  I might consider to get a second set with one single-ended and one balanced.  I'm nuts I think.

That's not nuts... wait... you mean considering to have a uBer 1.0 backup for an uBer 1.0, but one balanced? Whhhaaaaaaat.......!?

Nah sweet as; that's normal for an "audiophile".

For the average joe, that's "What, he's psycho!, throw him in the ward" crazy... ...but then on the contrary there's also an average joe here, so my comment is somehow flawed.

p.s wish I could help Fly, but I've never owned the original uBer.

Nov 3, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #2,261 of 4,426

That's not nuts... wait... you mean considering to have a uBer 1.0 backup for an uBer 1.0, but one balanced? Whhhaaaaaaat.......!?

Nah sweet as; that's normal for an "audiophile".

For the average joe, that's "What, he's psycho!, throw him in the ward" crazy... ...but then on the contrary there's also an average joe here, so my comment is somehow flawed.

p.s wish I could help Fly, but I've never owned the original uBer.

I have re-terminated my uber back from balanced to SE as my newly acquired Wagnus Epsilon S is single-ended only.  Still craving for having the AK240 balanced output to feed Ref.1 via uber and thus came up with this What dream...well...just dreaming.

Nov 3, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #2,264 of 4,426

Agreed. Though don't have another picture to tell if the other half is different.

Quote:
Guess what guys, the Uber Too cable is coming! Specially designed for the Ref. 1 and

" ... is a completely new cable that was designed specifically for the Ref.1. ... lifts the sonics of the Ref.1 to another level. More details, better fluency, larger soundstaging and better control, tightening and texture to the bass. "

If the new uBer is to the Ref 1, what the old one is to the 1plus2 (from like 70% to 100%), then the combination of Ref 1 + uBer (2) would be just crazy!!!
              Especially since some consider Ref 1+Silver/Gold  > 1plus2+Uber! Of course since none of us have heard it yet, it's all hypothesising... hmmm

The quote I gave was verbatim from Gavin. For sure the Uber Too is tuned specifically for the Ref1.

How does one tune a cable I wonder?Not an easy process I'd expect - involving creating new metal formulations and wire winding techniques?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back