Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Oct 14, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #2,131 of 4,426
  Try the clear nail polish. Might be a little cleaner :p. Just don't get it into socket. Light coats on the side walls of the inner housing. Or better yet cut out small pieces of scotch tape and angle it inside. The Ref 1's I have seem to be rather tight fitting so no need to do it yet. I won't be changing out cables really so I don't think it will be an issue for me

Lee, this sounds... dangerous. Especially for fatty fingers like mine. Haha. I'll bring it up to my friend though. Think he's gonna try the elmer's glue first. Thanks again. 

Oct 14, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #2,132 of 4,426
I'm waiting for my new Whiplash cable... Then I'm definitely doing that. I don't want to lose a Ref 1, I'll probably keep my TWau V3 for other phones...Maybe not... I might sell it for my next DAP purchase.

Calyx M or AK120ii, which pairs better with the Ref 1? If I do the AK, I will send it off to Vinnie as well. I want the sound signature of the calyx, but I prefer the looks and I think the UI of the AK. Any help or advise would be great

Oct 14, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #2,133 of 4,426
I'm waiting for my new Whiplash cable... Then I'm definitely doing that. I don't want to lose a Ref 1, I'll probably keep my TWau V3 for other phones...Maybe not... I might sell it for my next DAP purchase.

Calyx M or AK120ii, which pairs better with the Ref 1? If I do the AK, I will send it off to Vinnie as well. I want the sound signature of the calyx, but I prefer the looks and I think the UI of the AK. Any help or advise would be great

I have the Ak240 and it pairs perfectly with Ref.1... 120ii should have similar sound signature as its big brother

Oct 16, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #2,134 of 4,426
So far I have about 55 hours on the Ref. 1... It is hard to believe how much this IEM is changing.... I've never heard an IEM change this much before. That includes the severity and how often it has changed. The bass right now seems very controlled and extremely deep. Most definitly never heard an IEM reach that deep and with such authority. Sounds absolutely amazing out of the AK120 S-Mod on EQ flat.

Oct 16, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #2,138 of 4,426
Sold it yesterday, my Rwak120b not the Ref. Buying ak100 or 120ii. Sensing for rwak too.

Hmm I wonder is it even worth doing that? Does that impact the sound? I opted for single ended as I figured there are far better single ended amps than the balanced overall. So it would be a limiting factor to this unit.

Oct 16, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #2,139 of 4,426
I have a balanced amp, but with the new rwak options it doesn't mess with the output like the B option did. it only upgrades the capacitors or rails for bass impact, me being a bass head... I need that!! I am going to see how it sounds without it first obviously. I'll have my 100 tomorrow and my 120 next week

Oct 16, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #2,140 of 4,426
Did they change the 100? I thought it was pretty mediocre sounding when I had it and that was RWA modded as well.... Studio V 3rd ANV smashed it IMO in terms of sound quality alone.... I am a bit curious to hear the Catlyx or whatever you call it with the Suis (a friend might lend me his unit for a while). Also looking forward to Hisound revising the Rocoo players. But really wanted them to release the Master.

Oct 16, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #2,141 of 4,426
Sorry, I was talking about the newer models 100ii and 120ii. If I am not crazy about either I will get the Calyx. I really think I'll like either of them. I really enjoy my X3, and the sound has to be significantly better on either AK than the X3...

Oct 16, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #2,142 of 4,426
Sorry, I was talking about the newer models 100ii and 120ii. If I am not crazy about either I will get the Calyx. I really think I'll like either of them. I really enjoy my X3, and the sound has to be significantly better on either AK than the X3...

Oh ok. Was wondering lol. Also curious if a modded unit would be an upgrade over the older modded units....

The X5 pairs really well on the Ref. 1. I put it on EQ Flat and really does the trick. Can't complain for its pricing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back