Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Jun 13, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #737 of 4,426
Thanks warrior
Everytime i wish to upgrade my desktop, the price of the next level stuff r all knock out blows to the wallet....my wallet isnt up for it considering its still in a coma LoL
Anyway music is music and it still sounds wonderful

Jun 13, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #738 of 4,426
Lol, I'm new to this but I feel your pain. I'm going to make 2 or 3 additional purchases, then for sanity and safety of my wallet I'm deleting my head-fi account!!!
not really... But did think about it!!

Jun 13, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #739 of 4,426
CHG, not much else out there to crave!! I'm glad to read that someone here is actually enjoying the music... seems rare.

Add me to that short list of people with no craving for new equipment - listening to music is all I have been doing since I got my Tera and 1plus2 - it really is a perfect combo.
The only products I could even consider at this point would be something new from Tera manufacturer Charles Altmann, or Tralucent (so I ordered Ref 1).

Jun 13, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #741 of 4,426
Add me to the list as well. I've been through soo much gear over the last few years (HD600, LCD2, TH900, LCD-XC, 1plus2, TG334), not to mention Amp/DACs. 

I've lost the urge to continually check head-fi every week for the "next best thing". 

Going to settle in with my Ref 1 + Chord Hugo for a long time.

Jun 13, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #742 of 4,426
  Add me to the list as well. I've been through soo much gear over the last few years (HD600, LCD2, TH900, LCD-XC, 1plus2, TG334), not to mention Amp/DACs. 

I've lost the urge to continually check head-fi every week for the "next best thing". 

Going to settle in with my Ref 1 + Chord Hugo for a long time.

me too

i went thru W4R, IE80, ASG-2, Fitear Parterre, TG!334, F111, Heir5.0, HD650, DT1350.... blah blah blah in these two years

also going to settle in Ref 1 + Hugo.... I cannot be sure for a long time because technology is brutally fast changing...

Jun 13, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #743 of 4,426
Thanks warrior
Everytime i wish to upgrade my desktop, the price of the next level stuff r all knock out blows to the wallet....my wallet isnt up for it considering its still in a coma LoL
Anyway music is music and it still sounds wonderful

Your wallet will be in permanent coma as long as you are in this hobby LOL.

Cheers

Jun 13, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #744 of 4,426
Your wallet will be in permanent coma as long as you are in this hobby LOL.

Cheers

Which is why I am considering using a money clip moving forward... :)

Jun 13, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #746 of 4,426
Which is why I am considering using a money clip moving forward...
smily_headphones1.gif

Hmm...never think of such.  Good idea

Jun 14, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #748 of 4,426

but the for-going is tha ref1 loses some transparency and detail compared to 1plus2. high doesn't extend too much and mid is on the thick side. There is nothing bad but it's just different tuning i guess. using audio-gd's description, 1plus2 would be analytically and ref1 is musical.

This may caused by the uber cable. That is one of many reasons I decided not to upgrade to uber. The silver/gold cable is just right. Uber makes the mid thicker and the treble not as sharp as it would be where using silver/gold cable.

Jun 14, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #749 of 4,426
This may caused by the uber cable. That is one of many reasons I decided not to upgrade to uber. The silver/gold cable is just right. Uber makes the mid thicker and the treble not as sharp as it would be where using silver/gold cable.

Wasnt he using the uber on both? So it seems that the uber makes the 1plus2 shine more

Jun 14, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #750 of 4,426

I believe you misread his post.

He's referring to the difference between the Ref 1 & 1p2, without any cable changes.

Just checking with you, have you tested the uBer yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back