Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Jun 1, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #601 of 4,426
It seems that somebody mentioned that Ref 1 with the stock cable is sonically better than that of the 1 plus 2 with uber in this thread.

Jun 1, 2014 at 5:28 AM Post #603 of 4,426
It seems that somebody mentioned that Ref 1 with the stock cable is sonically better than that of the 1 plus 2 with uber in this thread.

It will be even more interesting if you paired the uber with the new ref 1 then. :)

Jun 1, 2014 at 6:03 AM Post #605 of 4,426
  Reason im asking is it worth it to get the Uber with my current 1plus2 or just get the Ref 1 with stock cable

You need the stock cable for mobility as uber is not ideal for on-the-going usage.

Jun 1, 2014 at 6:07 AM Post #606 of 4,426

I can say that the stock silver that I have had stronger mid-bass in return with less definition of different levels of bass but this might please some who is looking for excitement in some genre.

Uber is much refined than that of the stock silver in all aspects.

Jun 1, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #608 of 4,426
  Reason im asking is it worth it to get the Uber with my current 1plus2 or just get the Ref 1 with stock cable

hi
 as a friend lent me his uber cable this morning, I would like to share my opinion so far

1. The uber cable is real deal upgrade to 1plus2, I reconfirmed this thought by running them off a desktop amp. the immediate impact you will notice is how natural the drum sound and remove that little bit of harshness in the Silver/gold cable. The amount of improvement vastly depends on how resolving the amp section is... I think you will not have an issue since you use it desktop
2. However, the Ref1 with gold/silver is still more refined and musical than 1plus2 with uber

I hope to audition the TWAu and Ted's litz silver this week from a fellow head-fier...

Jun 1, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #609 of 4,426
I use the 1plus2 when im stationary.. So mobility isnt an issue

Very much depends on your needs.  Both cables give you different enjoyments.  

I'm now having the uber terminated with TRRS balanced and tapping the maximum out of the set up [Ak240/Ref.1/Uber] and spent most of the listening in office.  While on the go, stock silver is the choice.

Jun 1, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #610 of 4,426

hi
 as a friend lent me his uber cable this morning, I would like to share my opinion so far

1. The uber cable is real deal upgrade to 1plus2, I reconfirmed this thought by running them off a desktop amp. the immediate impact you will notice is how natural the drum sound and remove that little bit of harshness in the Silver/gold cable. The amount of improvement vastly depends on how resolving the amp section is... I think you will not have an issue since you use it desktop
2. However, the Ref1 with gold/silver is still more refined and musical than 1plus2 with uber

I hope to audition the TWAu and Ted's litz silver this week from a fellow head-fier...

So ure saying the Ref1 with silver/gold is better than 1plus2 with uber? 

Is this officially the answer who have heard both?

Jun 1, 2014 at 7:43 AM Post #613 of 4,426
  Thanks cosmic...

All these good reviews for the Ref 1...makes me....YUM!!!

like others have said, it really depends on your preference and priority. I would say if you only listen to classical , you should consider finding an uber cable for the 1p2 or roll other cables for fun. However, if you are looking to add in your collection, a more all-rounded and highly musical iem, go for the Ref 1

If you are extremely flush like many people here, go for BOTH!

beerchug.gif

Jun 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #614 of 4,426

like others have said, it really depends on your preference and priority. I would say if you only listen to classical , you should consider finding an uber cable for the 1p2 or roll other cables for fun. However, if you are looking to add in your collection, a more all-rounded and highly musical iem, go for the Ref 1

If you are extremely flush like many people here, go for BOTH!

beerchug.gif

Nah bro i listen to all kind of stuff, EDM, Hip Hop, Classical, Jazz, Rock, 60s-80s music...all kinda of stuff. And to me the silver/gold on the 1plus2 paired with the right DAP/AMP is out of this world great. But since, everyone is just saying w/o the UBER the 1plus2 is just performing 60-70% of its abilities, just makes me wonder.

BUT, 

if the consensus is that the REF 1 in stock form is better than 1plus2 (Uber) then....might as well buy the cheaper and best option right?

and about owning both, I realise that I will only listen to my best gear and the rest will just be collecting dust..So a max of 1-2 iem for me just for different sound sig

Jun 1, 2014 at 9:02 AM Post #615 of 4,426
  Nah bro i listen to all kind of stuff, EDM, Hip Hop, Classical, Jazz, Rock, 60s-80s music...all kinda of stuff. And to me the silver/gold on the 1plus2 paired with the right DAP/AMP is out of this world great. But since, everyone is just saying w/o the UBER the 1plus2 is just performing 60-70% of its abilities, just makes me wonder.

BUT, 

if the consensus is that the REF 1 in stock form is better than 1plus2 (Uber) then....might as well buy the cheaper and best option right?

and about owning both, I realise that I will only listen to my best gear and the rest will just be collecting dust..So a max of 1-2 iem for me just for different sound sig

My suggestion to you is to get the Ref.1 without considering the uber for the moment.  It'll give you the most obvious difference for the money you put behind it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back