Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Sep 9, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #3,976 of 4,426
  Sooooo, that didn't last long! I've stuck the Uber cable up for sale

However great it sounds, it was for my portable rig and I don't want to be worrying about damaging it all the time.

I'm going to go back to my Silver Widow cable for the time being.

Check my sig for a bargain
biggrin.gif

I carry 2 portable rigs with me to avoid damaging the uber cable. My most portable/mobile rig is Tera and Ref 1 with Whiplash cable, and the other rig is for sitting on the train where I use LPG and P5 with Uber too.
I agree that it would be too risky to move around too much with the uber cable, and also LPG cannot be kept in the pocket for too long because it does get warm (the beauty of Tera is that it stays completely cool and also you can easily navigate through your pocket by just feeling the buttons).

Sep 9, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #3,977 of 4,426

I carry 2 portable rigs with me to avoid damaging the uber cable. My most portable/mobile rig is Tera and Ref 1 with Whiplash cable, and the other rig is for sitting on the train where I use LPG and P5 with Uber too.
I agree that it would be too risky to move around too much with the uber cable, and also LPG cannot be kept in the pocket for too long because it does get warm (the beauty of Tera is that it stays completely cool and also you can easily navigate through your pocket by just feeling the buttons).

Those are two awesome portable rigs you've got there :grinning:

Sep 9, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #3,978 of 4,426
Allow me to chip in a little thought.

I have the Uber Too cable, but not the original uber. My personal experience so far is I am using it for daily commute to and fro work, which involves walking and taking underground train.

So far, no issues for me

Sep 10, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #3,979 of 4,426
Allow me to chip in a little thought.

I have the Uber Too cable, but not the original uber. My personal experience so far is I am using it for daily commute to and fro work, which involves walking and taking underground train.

So far, no issues for me

I also have uber too and believe it would last for a while when used like that. But given how expensive it is it seems wrong experimenting/hoping that nothing will go wrong if the plug is inside the pocket and cable at that point being bent probably more than it should be for it's own good. Anyhow, that's just my take on it - I have had few other cables in the past where the sound would eventually start cutting in and out after they get bent enough times.

Sep 10, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #3,981 of 4,426
Maybe Gavin can step in and give us more details about the Uber Too cable and if it will last if used for running par example.

I'm pretty sure Gavin's response would be "Hell no, you shouldn't be running with it!"

I can only speak for the original cable, but it is clearly a far more delicate construction than the average cable, with a solid core that could easily be broken. There are many, many times that I have snagged headphone cables on things when walking around. I would not like to do that with the Uber cable.

Sep 10, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #3,982 of 4,426

I also have uber too and believe it would last for a while when used like that. But given how expensive it is it seems wrong experimenting/hoping that nothing will go wrong if the plug is inside the pocket and cable at that point being bent probably more than it should be for it's own good. Anyhow, that's just my take on it - I have had few other cables in the past where the sound would eventually start cutting in and out after they get bent enough times.

My original uber has been with me for over 3 years now and still going strong.  I did use it over a few over the Pacific long haul flights and not a problem with it while on mobile.   I must admit that I always using it with cautions and care with 95% with static indoor usage.

Cheers 

Sep 14, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #3,983 of 4,426
Finally i got to hear the Ref1 Too with the stock cable with my Tera Player.
Now i find them very detailed and slightly better than my Koss Pro the comfort for my ears was disappointing.
Plus5 being smaller should mean better comfort..How smaller they are compared to Ref1 too? As the photos comparation don't show much.

Sep 14, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #3,984 of 4,426
Finally i got to hear the Ref1 Too with the stock cable with my Tera Player.
Now i find them very detailed and slightly better than my Koss Pro the comfort for my ears was disappointing.
Plus5 being smaller should mean better comfort..How smaller they are compared to Ref1 too? As the photos comparation don't show much.

Glad you finally got to try them musicday. :)

Honestly, unless the shells simply don't fit your ears (which I've found rare) you'll find most comfort or fit problems will stem from the earguides needing adjusting. Particularly if the IEMs been worn by another person for some time. You need to really shape that wire for your ears otherwise you run into issues.

Sep 14, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #3,986 of 4,426
Maybe if I get to try the Plus5 would like them even more being smaller, as sound and comfort is very important to me.

​I'm happy to meet up again mate and you can have a bit more time with the Ref1 toos this time. Bring some tips you know are a good fit for you as well. I'm not a big fan of those red core ones that Gavin sends out with his IEMs and that's what you ended up using as that's all I had spare with me. Spiral dots are super comfortable :)

Sep 15, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #3,987 of 4,426
Maybe if I get to try the Plus5 would like them even more being smaller, as sound and comfort is very important to me.

​I'm happy to meet up again mate and you can have a bit more time with the Ref1 toos this time. Bring some tips you know are a good fit for you as well. I'm not a big fan of those red core ones that Gavin sends out with his IEMs and that's what you ended up using as that's all I had spare with me. Spiral dots are super comfortable :)

Thank you that will be much better if i can listen a bit longer so i get exactly what they are capable of.

Sep 17, 2016 at 1:50 AM Post #3,989 of 4,426
Congrats, justrest! Excellent choice! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back