BRAND NEW GRADO HF-1's
Oct 4, 2007 at 9:56 PM Post #18 of 26
I traded an HD650 for an opened HF-1. Then I traded the HF-1 for an Ergo 2.

I hope that, should you decide to open the box, you enjoy them more than I did.

Oct 4, 2007 at 9:58 PM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I traded an HD650 for an opened HF-1. Then I traded the HF-1 for an Ergo 2.

I hope that, should you decide to open the box, you enjoy them more than I did.

From your review of the Ergo i would without any doubt do the same thing now...if i had open box HF1 that is
tongue.gif

Oct 5, 2007 at 12:09 AM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got them about half the price I would have if the seller would have allowed one bidder to continue who was out of the country and another whose address wasnt confirmed. But, yes i would like a used pair to listen to but im not a patient person lol.

Yeah I vaguely remember something funny about that auction. Midway through it, a bunch of bids got cancelled and the price dropped to <200although I thought it still ended at ~350 or so.

Oct 5, 2007 at 12:19 AM Post #21 of 26
Personally I think you did the right thing. HF-1s seem to hold their value very well and despite being opened you shouldn't take much of a loss if any. Plus, you actually get to ENJOY them.

I don't get the idea of collecting headphones for the sole purpose of collecting them and never using them. Just seems like a waste to me. To each his own though.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy them. They are great headphones and a piece of Grado/Head-Fi history.

Oct 5, 2007 at 1:05 PM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Toonie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally I think you did the right thing. HF-1s seem to hold their value very well and despite being opened you shouldn't take much of a loss if any. Plus, you actually get to ENJOY them.

I don't get the idea of collecting headphones for the sole purpose of collecting them and never using them. Just seems like a waste to me. To each his own though.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy them. They are great headphones and a piece of Grado/Head-Fi history.

X2 here, on all above.

Oct 5, 2007 at 1:28 PM Post #23 of 26
Ohh, i was about to ask you if i could trade them whit a opened set of HF-1's + cash..
eek.gif

That in mind that i then would have to get one pair of opened HF-1's to trade them whit, but i would do anything to own a unopened HF-1
tongue.gif

Oct 5, 2007 at 2:57 PM Post #24 of 26
Wow. You are lucky.
I suggest you keep it unopen.. and open it in 2017... Just like what my friend to do his brand new L3000~~~

Oct 5, 2007 at 4:14 PM Post #25 of 26
I always wondered if it ever happened that someone kept an item NIB, and that years later went to use it...but found it was defective coming from the factory from day one. In that case, you're better of with them open and knowing they work.

You did the right thing as they were made to be listened to. Do your part by taking good care of them....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back