Brand New DAC sounds like garbage! Help Please
Jun 19, 2010 at 9:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Tsylord

New Head-Fier
I recently bought the Audinst Hud-mx1 and I can't get it to work correctly, I have no idea what's wrong with it. I've tried using the alternate output, I've uninstalled the driver several times, and I've tried different USB ports and cables and nothing works. It worked once out of the blue then stopped again. However I tried it stock on my fathers XP machine and it worked fine. I have no idea what's wrong with it. To give everyone a bit of perspective I've recorded a song through my headphones, you can download the 8 second mp3 here. http://db.tt/gxscZQ 
I have no idea what to do about it, I've contacted the manufacturer but I haven't gotten a reply yet so I figured someone here might have an idea on what to do. 

Jun 19, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #2 of 5
I downlaoded the file & ran it though sound forge 10 pro in order to analyze the wave form. There does not apear to be anything wrong with the hardware itself. The full 16 bits are represented in the file & the waveform is balanced, both positive & negative being evenly represented. So it appears to be a driver issue or a program issue. Nero wave editor will do the same type of sound on my computer even though my soundcard works perfectly in other programs for example. You may need to wait for a driver update but in the mean time you can try diferent programs to see if any of those work. If not try returning the DAC & try somthing else.

Jun 19, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #3 of 5
We'll the DAC is plug and play. Do you know how to completely wipe and entire driver off the system and maybe somehow, extract a driver out of it? Do have any ideas for an alternate driver I can use?

Jun 19, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
We'll the DAC is plug and play. Do you know how to completely wipe and entire driver off the system and maybe somehow, extract a driver out of it? Do have any ideas for an alternate driver I can use?

I'm no sure what you installed or changed trying to get the DAC to work so I can't recommend what to uninstall, but since it worked on your father's computer, you might try the 'go back' feature on your computer and go back to before you installed anything regarding this DAC.  Then, since it's plug and play, plug it in and see if it plays.

Good Luck

USG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back