Brainwavz R1 Review
Jan 18, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #631 of 794
The R1 have become my regular gym headphones.  They offer better than average isolation (I'm using the smallest single flange tip) and a tight punchy sound that is fairly balanced and pleasing.  It's like a grown up much improved version of the Brainwavz M1.  A small annoyance is that I need to use the chin slider to help convince the cords to stay in place over my ears.  Other than that this is a great IEM for $40 and under.  Definitely a strong value.

Jan 18, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #632 of 794
Quote:
The R1 have become my regular gym headphones.  They offer better than average isolation (I'm using the smallest single flange tip) and a tight punchy sound that is fairly balanced and pleasing.  It's like a grown up much improved version of the Brainwavz M1.  A small annoyance is that I need to use the chin slider to help convince the cords to stay in place over my ears.  Other than that this is a great IEM for $40 and under.  Definitely a strong value.

The new batch coming out is supposed to have a new "memory" capacity to help with staying put, just a heads up there :)

Jan 18, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #633 of 794
It is growing on me. I never thought I would like this, but now am listening to these. Hmm, not bad for just 7 hours of burn-in I gave these babies. Bass is pronounced for BA (ok I heard this so many times BAs were week in Bass), the reason could be Cowon J3 BBE Mach3Bass enabled. Coupling with FiiO E11 + J3, the sub bass was nice surprise. R1 neads more input power though, you need to crank the volume more. Overall, not a bad purchase at all, in fact I’m starting to love these, and looking forward to listen more.

Jan 18, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #634 of 794
Quote:
It is growing on me. I never thought I would like this, but now am listening to these. Hmm, not bad for just 7 hours of burn-in I gave these babies. Bass is pronounced for BA (ok I heard this so many times BAs were week in Bass), the reason could be Cowon J3 BBE Mach3Bass enabled. Coupling with FiiO E11 + J3, the sub bass was nice surprise. R1 neads more input power though, you need to crank the volume more. Overall, not a bad purchase at all, in fact I’m starting to love these, and looking forward to listen more.

these are not BA but dual dynamic

Jan 23, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #637 of 794
Hey there..

I ordered my earphones  2.5 weeks ago..
Thanks god the wait is over.
Just got my pair, and did some testing with my Meelectronics M11P earphones.

Although M11P is balanced, it  also seems to be bass giants when compared to my R1!
That would also mean that my Meelec M6P phones are bass gods.

I could feel the bass deep inside of me, with my M11P but now its all gone.
Those pair does not have deep bass at all!
And i wanna feel it right inside of me.

I dont know, maybe i need to burn my new pair some hours..
But i don't really think that the bass will differ so much.

I really didn't like it that way with trance music.
Classic seems no problem to me, but i'm not a huge classic music fan!
Something is missing in my songs, something that i had on my M11P's.
The vocals right now seem to be strange to me right now, and something in the music recessed and not feel right..

Although i'm complaining about it, it also has a pro..
I just found out that my Meelec's are mono.. with zero soundstage.
GOD THATS BEAUTIFUL!!!!
The whole pattern of my music just changed and its really a pleasure to listen right now.
It seems that when you gain a property you also lose another one..

Those earphones are my very first dual dynamic pairs.
As its my first compare, can some guy here please confirm me with all above?
Am i wrong? Or whats the problem here...

I like this review

Jan 23, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #638 of 794
I must say the wire's complete inability to stay in place has been irritating me more and more. I like the sound and all, but they just won't stay put. Great that they're doing a revision, not great for those who bought them pre-revision. Makes one wonder about R&D on these sorts of things.... But they weren't especially expensive, so I can't complain too much considering that.

Jan 23, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #640 of 794
So decided to get a pair, and they arrived last monday. I was tempted by the free shipping and the fact that I was looking for a replacement for my meelec M6P which I've been using for workouts (I'm having trouble getting a good seal with them lately, and the tips would get stuck in my ear almost everytime I removed them),
I'm impressed at the R1's packaging, the accessories and the variety of tips; the R1 themselves sound very good right out of the box, nice bass and spacious. I'm still giving them some time to burn-in and see if they improve. But these are definitely a keeper.

Jan 24, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #642 of 794
Just bought a pair of R1s on Amazon using my reward points - they were just sitting around doing nothing :wink: I need a pair of gym headphones and casual IEMs that'll fit in the breast pocket on my coat.

I'm excited!

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #643 of 794
I got mine a few months ago and I really enjoyed them for a while. I enjoy the sound (Especially the nice and wide soundstage) but I can never keep a consistent seal anymore no matter what tip I try using. They keep finding a way to slide out of my ear! I haven't used them in a while now :frowning2:

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #644 of 794
Quote:
I got mine a few months ago and I really enjoyed them for a while. I enjoy the sound (Especially the nice and wide soundstage) but I can never keep a consistent seal anymore no matter what tip I try using. They keep finding a way to slide out of my ear! I haven't used them in a while now :frowning2:

Try some sony hybrid tips. They're the only tips that give me a really good seal on these phones. Auvio tips are good too, but doesn't seal as good as the hybrids. 

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #645 of 794
And if you're poor like me, I discovered that I could make a sort of gel tip last night by stuffing the silicone sleeves with blu-tak. I believe you can also stuff them with cored foam earplugs, but my earplugs were too bog for this. So blu-tak is doing nicely for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back