Brainwavz R1 Review
Oct 30, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #436 of 794
Quote:
I guess I'll post.
This is what I think of the r1's recessed mids.

They are like..

Pretty good summary. I can't comment much anymore, I had a cold for the last 4 days so no IEM usage then. And I know at the beginning they were very recessed, but the last time I used them I was listening to Jack White's Blunderbuss and not only were the vocals distinct, but they were upfront in the music, they didn't feel recessed at alll. I don't want to go all "ZOMG BURNEEN", but I do need some more time with them to get a clear opinion. They still sound dark, although nothing obscene.

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #438 of 794
Quote:
Most people seem to agree that they have recessed mids, some just enjoy that more than others. Another impression I have is that they're dark, and so far I think only one person agrees.

I agree about them being somewhat dark, mids feel bit off and the highs are not boosted so everything kind of mellows out. very easy listen but takes more juice than normal.

Oct 30, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #439 of 794
Quote:
I agree about them being somewhat dark, mids feel bit off and the highs are not boosted so everything kind of mellows out. very easy listen but takes more juice than normal.

I hear the higher highs being boosted quite a bit with my pair... 

Oct 31, 2012 at 6:51 AM Post #441 of 794

Yeah, I do hear this spike clearly 
biggrin.gif

[/kidding off]

Oct 31, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #446 of 794
Wow, really like these so far. $40 is an outstanding value.

Playing around with the EQ a tad, and these respond very well.

I think I like my Hybrids the best, but they pop off. (They're a tad stretched from my J6, so I'll probably buy another dedicated pair).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back