Brainwavz R1 Review
Oct 29, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #422 of 794
Quote:
I would advise you to advise your friend to get his ears checked.
Hearing loss usually occurs without our knowledge.

There is something called partial deafness and IT IS REAL.

I think compared to his setup, there is no bass.  If you go from something like the R1 and transfer to a warmer (but still bass prominent) UE900, you won't hear as much bass (partially cause your ears haven't adjusted to the signature yet).  Please don't tell me that I'm going deaf...  Bass comes back after about 10-15 minutes. 

Oct 29, 2012 at 6:55 AM Post #425 of 794
Quote:
http://www.audiomaster.cn/product.asp
AI-C3 is same housing oem.

Looks like that company might've done stuff for Meelec as well. Nice find szj. Wouldve been pretty cool if the R1 had those detachable cables.

+1

Let's hope those detachable cables will start to come into the lower priced IEM range as well.

As it's really cool and useful feature, much better than the neck hanger that's supplied on some IEMs.

Oct 29, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #426 of 794
Quote:
Looks like that company might've done stuff for Meelec as well. Nice find szj. Wouldve been pretty cool if the R1 had those detachable cables.

I was thinking that too. Also might this be what I think it is? The answer is no, since the ER4 is a balanced armature and this says it's a dynamic, but every model I've seen has the exact same specs: 6.8mm Mylar driver, 95+-4 dB/mW sensitivity, 16 ohm impedance. I'm guessing they just took the driver's specs and copy+pasted them.
At least those detachable cable models might be worth a look. If anyone can find a seller let us know, their Marketing page looks like China's plans for world domination.

Oct 29, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #427 of 794
Quote:

I was thinking that too. Also might this be what I think it is? The answer is no, since the ER4 is a balanced armature and this says it's a dynamic, but every model I've seen has the exact same specs: 6.8mm Mylar driver, 95+-4 dB/mW sensitivity, 16 ohm impedance. I'm guessing they just took the driver's specs and copy+pasted them.
At least those detachable cable models might be worth a look. If anyone can find a seller let us know, their Marketing page looks like China's plans for world domination.

where do you see it saying dynamic?
and yep.
marketing page DEFINITELY looks like world domination plans.

Oct 29, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #428 of 794
Quote:
where do you see it saying dynamic?
and yep.
marketing page DEFINITELY looks like world domination plans.

In the features it says "clear dynamic sound". I'm guessing they mean they use a dynamic driver?
Also they seem to use at least 2 different drivers, a 9mm one and a 6.8mm one. The R1-like model apparently uses both of them. Drivers that large have to be dynamic.
I have to say I really like the look of most their cables.

Oct 30, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #429 of 794
so I bought R1s with mic last sunday and neither the button nor the mic work (see earlier in the thread where i go more in depth with my issue). I contacted MP4Nation who tell me i need to destroy my earphones and they'll send me a new pair. Is this normal? Will this void my 12 month warranty?

Oct 30, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #430 of 794
Quote:
so I bought R1s with mic last sunday and neither the button nor the mic work (see earlier in the thread where i go more in depth with my issue). I contacted MP4Nation who tell me i need to destroy my earphones and they'll send me a new pair. Is this normal? Will this void my 12 month warranty?

MP4Nation wants that most of the time.I think it's good since it'll save you from sending to Hong Kong.(However its arguable when it come to find solutions for the certain product issues)But you need to take a picture and send them after you destroy your earphones

Oct 30, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #431 of 794
After multiple attempts at trying mp4nation headphones, I have to wonder if the extraordinarily varying opinions in this thread on the R1s are based on their less than satisfactory quality control. 

Oct 30, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #432 of 794
Quote:
After multiple attempts at trying mp4nation headphones, I have to wonder if the extraordinarily varying opinions in this thread on the R1s are based on their less than satisfactory quality control. 

I wouldn't say so. Most people seem to agree that they have recessed mids, some just enjoy that more than others. Another impression I have is that they're dark, and so far I think only one person agrees.

Oct 30, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #433 of 794
Well, the one guy got flamed into oblivion over his opinion, and others who've said anything to the contrary of your summation have largely gone unrecognized. I can't say that was necessarily the impression of the sound I got from reading this thread.

Oct 30, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #435 of 794
MP4Nation wants that most of the time.I think it's good since it'll save you from sending to Hong Kong.(However its arguable when it come to the certain product issues and solution)But you need to take a picture and send them after you destroy your earphones

will this void my warranty because I'm still within my 30 days returns period

Users who are viewing this thread

Back