Brainwavz R1 Review
Oct 11, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #61 of 794
Ordered a pair. Now, I just have to wait. 
beyersmile.png

Oct 11, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #62 of 794
How would these compare to the BrainWavz ProAlpha (ViSang R02)
http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-earphones/brainwavz-proalpha-iem-earphones) that received pretty nice reviews in the IEM spreadsheet?

I'm trying to decide on a pair ~ $30 or so that have bi-flange tips and decent mids and bass.  Was using the M9's but hated how recessed the mids were.

Also was considering:
JVC HA-FX40
Philips SHE3680  (could I use my M9 bi-flange tips on either of these?)

Oct 11, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #63 of 794
Quote:
How would these compare to the BrainWavz ProAlpha (ViSang R02)
http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-earphones/brainwavz-proalpha-iem-earphones) that received pretty nice reviews in the IEM spreadsheet?

I'm trying to decide on a pair ~ $30 or so that have bi-flange tips and decent mids and bass.  Was using the M9's but hated how recessed the mids were.

Also was considering:
JVC HA-FX40
Philips SHE3680  (could I use my M9 bi-flange tips on either of these?)

These have decent/good mids, but much better low end with plenty of levels to it...the pro alpha,which I only had for a short time, was a good IEM for the price, but the quality build wise was on the cheaper side.....sorry to say. Mine lasted less than a month before the cable simply snapped off the left bud... The R1's are much better made, and actually have a nice stress relief at all the important parts, looks like it will hold up to some abuse rather well. Choice is yours.

Oct 12, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #67 of 794
Ordered a pair w/o mic since I still want to use my m4 for making calls etc. This should be interesting. Can't wait for it. Btw nice review d2k because it I ordered them straight away. I skipped the m5 waiting for this one :)

Oct 12, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #72 of 794
Can you tell me if it's better than the M3 or Sound Magic E30? Because although it seems really nice, it's half the M3's price which i have.

It's got a different sound signature than the M3's, I personally think it's better, mainly because of the wider soundstage. As for the price, as a post mentioned earlier, prices at this level have become very competitive, making for greater values than there have been in the past. For a dual dynamic driver IEM, these are a true bargain.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Oct 12, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #73 of 794
Thanks for the review! I'm hoping for synergy with the E11..

Oct 12, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #75 of 794
Quote:
Can you tell me if it's better than the M3 or Sound Magic E30? Because although it seems really nice, it's half the M3's price which i have.

I'll be able to compare them to the e30 as soon as I get my R1s.  I've got two pairs of e30s because as of now, they are my budget headphone of choice.  I am looking for something with a mic/remote tho, so that led me to the R1s.  I too loved the M3, but a bit too expensive and hard to replace because of stock issues to use at the gym and yank out of my ears all the time.  :)  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back