Brainwavz R1 Review
Oct 11, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #31 of 794
I have s2, and it sounds good enough for phone.

Actually.... No. I guess you have had to have a good phone to know the difference. I had an original Galaxy, the Vibrant, and it was awesome in the sound department. The newer Galaxy doesn't even compare. At least there are fixes that help, thankfully :)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #34 of 794
I ordered mine two days ago and they still haven't shipped from Mp4nation.net...I am so eager to try these things.  Ahhhhhhhh.

Great review btw, thanks for the pics and info!

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #35 of 794
Quote:
I ordered mine two days ago and they still haven't shipped from Mp4nation.net...I am so eager to try these things.  Ahhhhhhhh.

Great review btw, thanks for the pics and info!

Your welcome, glad I could help :) I think they are on pre order status...but I could be wrong. They should ship soon enough, though.

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #36 of 794
Yeah, it's clearly stated that it's pre-order and that they will start shipping on 16th or maybe earlier as sometimes mp4nation receives the batches earlier.

Oct 11, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #37 of 794
Quote:
Yeah, it's clearly stated that it's pre-order and that they will start shipping on 16th or maybe earlier as sometimes mp4nation receives the batches earlier.

Apparently I missed that, so it's not THAT clear. :)  Didn't say that at all on the "Deal Alert" email I got from them, but you're right, it says it in the description of the headphone.  Woops.

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #38 of 794
Quote:
Ordered the R1. Did anyone else have Paypal mad at you for using MP4nation points? I had to just use the coupon code instead *first-world problems*

I put the points and the coupon code in last night on my iPad but didn't click the button that sends you to Paypal. Tried just now on my PC with the stuff still in the cart from last night and I got the PayPal error message. Clicked the edit link, added to cart again, but didn't have to re-enter code or add points. Got to PayPal and back all right but held back from submitting the order. Still hoping for a comparision with the Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition, so have you heard those before, dragon2knight? BTW, there's another glowing review of the R1 on the MP4Nation forum. 

Oct 11, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #39 of 794
Quote:
I put the points and the coupon code in last night on my iPad but didn't click the button that sends you to Paypal. Tried just now on my PC with the stuff still in the cart from last night and I got the PayPal error message. Clicked the edit link, added to cart again, but didn't have to re-enter code or add points. Got to PayPal and back all right but held back from submitting the order. Still hoping for a comparision with the Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition, so have you heard those before, dragon2knight? BTW, there's another glowing review of the R1 on the MP4Nation forum. 

That "glowing" review is from me...obviously 
wink_face.gif
 I've been buying electronics, mp3/4 players to tablets, from mp4nation for almost three years now, and have all of the IEM's and full sized headphones that that shop has produced, right from the beginning. It's safe to say that I like and respect the owner of said shop, he's earned it from me(not to mention countless others). I unfortunately don't have the Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition...but if ultimate bass is your goal, these won't be for you. The R1's are a more balanced IEM with strong, but not overpowering, bass.

Oct 11, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #40 of 794
Quote:
wink_face.gif
 I've been buying electronics, mp3/4 players to tablets, from mp4nation for almost three years now, and have all of the IEM's and full sized headphones that that shop has produced, right from the beginning. It's safe to say that I like and respect the owner of said shop, he's earned it from me(not to mention countless others). I unfortunately don't have the Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition...but if ultimate bass is your goal, these won't be for you. The R1's are a more balanced IEM with strong, but not overpowering, bass.

I believe the other glowing R1 review he's referring to is maderin1's mini review that's also up on the mp4nation forums now..
wink_face.gif

Oct 11, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #41 of 794
Quote:

I believe the other glowing R1 review he's referring to is maderin1's mini review that's also up on the mp4nation forums now..
wink_face.gif

Well, color me an idiot,lol. I honestly just checked over there before posting this and didn't see it...guess I should have checked better! Thanks for knocking me upside the head with that 
rolleyes.gif

Oct 11, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #43 of 794
Quote:
wink_face.gif

Thanks for the reply, OP. I was referring to the other review by maderin1 there. I've got 4 pairs of headphones/earphones from mp4nation too. 5 if you count the Betas that I gave away. Was really happy with the M4 and M5, and the HM3 sounds great too, but then I got the GR02 BE. I don't consider myself a basshead, but I recently found a liking for chillstep and minimal electronic music, in addition to listening to some mainstream pop and occasionally classical music. Strong but not overpowering bass sounds great. As noted in some reviews posted in this forum, the GR02 BE does not have obnoxious overpowering bass as its name might suggest. There is bass emphasis and extension, for sure, but I also find it to be spacious, well separated, clear, and fun to listen with. It was a pleasant surprise (a bit of mixed feelings actually, because I was becoming a big Brainwavz fan like you), especially since Clieos ranked it lower than the M4 and M5 in his brilliant list, but as regular visitors to this forum would know from the many disclaimers posted, sound quality can be very subjective. 
beerchug.gif

Oct 11, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #44 of 794
Quote:
Thanks for the reply, OP. I was referring to the other review by maderin1 there. I've got 4 pairs of headphones/earphones from mp4nation too. 5 if you count the Betas that I gave away. Was really happy with the M4 and M5, and the HM3 sounds great too, but then I got the GR02 BE. I don't consider myself a basshead, but I recently found a liking for chillstep and minimal electronic music, in addition to listening to some mainstream pop and occasionally classical music. Strong but not overpowering bass sounds great. As noted in some reviews posted in this forum, the GR02 BE does not have obnoxious overpowering bass as its name might suggest. There is bass emphasis and extension, for sure, but I also find it to be spacious, well separated, clear, and fun to listen with. It was a pleasant surprise (a bit of mixed feelings actually, because I was becoming a big Brainwavz fan like you), especially since Clieos ranked it lower than the M4 and M5 in his brilliant list, but as regular visitors to this forum would know from the many disclaimers posted, sound quality can be very subjective. 
beerchug.gif

"sound quality can be very subjective"----amen to that! For every 10 glowing reviews of a certain headset, there will be 10 more saying your an idiot for believing that,lol. But at least you get a general sense of what one sounds like before biting the bullet and buying a set, especially at the sometimes lofty prices of the higher end ones, and that's the whole point of a site like this 
happy_face1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back