Brainwavz R1 Review
Oct 11, 2012 at 5:18 AM Post #17 of 794
Soundstage close to the HM5 and more clarity and openness than the B2? I'm seriously intrigued
eek.gif

I was on the fence with picking these up. But with this review I'm inching closer to clicking buy

Oct 11, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #19 of 794
Count me in for a pair.  I have been looking for something to compliment my DBA02s.  

A quick question for the OP; looking at these they appear to have a long(ish) nozzle.  I assume that with the right tip that isolation should be quite good but can you confirm this?

Oct 11, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #20 of 794
But you have tested these with S2 which according to headfiers is one of the worst sounding phones ever 
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 11, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #21 of 794
Comparison with M4 and/or M5 please, as these 2 are my favourite daily use IEM, the best bang for buck.

The price is almost too good to be true...

I never really liked the M4's much, it never had a big enough soundstage for my liking. The M5's, on the other hand, are quite a bit better in that regard. Comparing the three, I think the R1's are much better all around. They have a more balanced sound to them that can easily be heard. Soundstage is everything to me. If I can hear a wide and smooth one, I'm a fan. I'm not saying the others are bad, just not as good all around in my opinion.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Oct 11, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #24 of 794
Count me in for a pair.  I have been looking for something to compliment my DBA02s.  

A quick question for the OP; looking at these they appear to have a long(ish) nozzle.  I assume that with the right tip that isolation should be quite good but can you confirm this?

Yes I can confirm this, sound isolation is quite good, especially with the bi flange tips with their extra reach and solid sealing. The Comply tips are also pretty good for this. To each his own on this one.

Oct 11, 2012 at 10:47 AM Post #26 of 794
Can't resist the temptation, ordered...

Nice review mate, it was so good that made me buy, nonetheless $40 for dual-dynamic IEM with mic is a no brainer :)

Glad I could help, although at that price you really gotta be really picky to pass these up :) The R1's are worth the gamble :wink:

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #29 of 794
Quote:
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I never mentioned the S2's......

I meant Samsung Galaxy S2

Haha, sadly I have to agree.. But I've modded mine to the point that it works much better than the stock firmware ever could. It still isn't that great, but I can at least live with it. My Rockboxed Sansa Clip + at least makes for a nice test unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back