Brainwavz R1 Review
Oct 20, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #785 of 794
Guys i wanna ask something.

I had this earphone but unfortunately it got lost.

I'm gonna purchase a new complyfoam for my Meelec M-duo's.
What was the size of the complyfoam that is in R1's box??

Is it isolation or isolation plus?
And S / M / L

Are those medium size or large?

Oct 20, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #786 of 794
  Guys i wanna ask something.

I had this earphone but unfortunately it got lost.

I'm gonna purchase a new complyfoam for my Meelec M-duo's.
What was the size of the complyfoam that is in R1's box??

Is it isolation or isolation plus?
And S / M / L

Are those medium size or large?

Medium. 

Nov 16, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #787 of 794
i just got these today!!! however, i feel like they are a bit TOO bassy for me. i mainly listen to hip-hop and jazz/bebop, and the bass just makes the units rattle. i had to lower the volume (i never go above 50%) a bit and even use the "Bass Reducer" EQ setting in my phone. now since these are still fresh, should i be patient after burning them in, or perhaps look for another alternative. i got these because of the price and the mic (supposedly) works for my android device (my monster gratitudes did not). thoughts and opinions??

Nov 16, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #788 of 794
Well after some tinkering, i've taken off all EQ settings, and put the volume at few ticks below 50%. the sound is getting much better and i'm going to give these a chance to burn in (anyone know any site/youtube that i can play on loop??). so far so good. i'm using the already-equipped double-flange tips and it made a difference than the comply's that were supplied. FINGERS CROSSED!

Nov 16, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #789 of 794
  Well after some tinkering, i've taken off all EQ settings, and put the volume at few ticks below 50%. the sound is getting much better and i'm going to give these a chance to burn in (anyone know any site/youtube that i can play on loop??). so far so good. i'm using the already-equipped double-flange tips and it made a difference than the comply's that were supplied. FINGERS CROSSED!

> http://www.bassdrivearchive.com/flashme/

Nov 16, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #790 of 794

This noise is perfect for burn-in:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rnrj5g0mmbldj58/ZhYIByMYOE/White-Pink-Brown%20Noise%20%28For%20burn%20in%29.wav

Oct 16, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #793 of 794

I have mine for over 3 months now. And I do agree that the double-flange tips provide a far better seal than the comply, though the comply are definitely more comfortable for long periods of wear >30min. 

Dec 21, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #794 of 794
  sorry for a really delayed reply. thanks for the curiosity about my pair. HAHA here

i used mmcx connectors found in shure iems, you can source them in different online stores

first, i opened them with a cutter. it's really easy, no pain in opening them. I cut down the cable in a length where i leave the right amount of wire to solder the mmcx.

soldered the mmcx 

here you go

put the cover and re enforce it with epoxy clay for steel. the one you knead and shape it the way you like. the total cost will not exceed 15usd i guess. :) not sure with the currency conversion :D I hope i don't violate any rules in posting my method :)

Would you mind linking where you got these? I can't seem to find sizes when searching for the connectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back