Brainwavz pro alpha VS Brainwavz M1,,,,,which one is better?
Feb 21, 2011 at 6:52 AM Post #2 of 33
M1 are worth it when you have a proper amp to drive them.  Soif you are planning to drive them off the iphone ( without Fiio E5/e1 )  i suggest you look else where. 
I have the M1, they sound great , the soundstage is pretty good 

Also there are loads of options beyond the Brainwavz IEMs

the meelectronics lineup for example.

Feb 21, 2011 at 6:59 AM Post #3 of 33

Quote:
M1 are worth it when you have a proper amp to drive them.  Soif you are planning to drive them off the iphone ( without Fiio E5/e1 )  i suggest you look else where. 
I have the M1, they sound great , the soundstage is pretty good 

You're talking about amping a $40 IEM with a $15 amplifier. And only this will make the M1 sound good? You gotta be kidding me. The Fiio E5 will NOT increase it's SQ. If anything, it will muddy up the bass. Both the M1 and ProAlphas are a good value and sound warm and laid back from about any source. I used to own both IEMs (and a $300 portable amplifier that is absolutely useless with them) but in the end kept the ProAlphas because of their slightly warmer sound. 

If these are your first Ibud-replacements I'd say you can't go wrong with any of the two. If you can spend a little more I suggest getting the M2, which IS a noticeable improvement from the others. Even without an amp. 
wink_face.gif

Feb 21, 2011 at 8:14 AM Post #4 of 33
Completely agree with Negakinu. 

I have the ProAlpha's and I love them, I mainly listen to Rock, Metal & Trance.  If you read Jokers IEM thread the M1 is supposed to have less bass and more treble so choose based on your prefered sound.

Negakinu, do you think the M2 is worthy upgrade from ProAlpha considering my music tastes and the fact I like it's sound?  I read the M2 is similar to ProAlpha but with better highs but I don't like 'bright' phones and certainly no sibilance.

Thanks

Feb 21, 2011 at 8:54 AM Post #5 of 33
so you recommend me to go with the M1 or Pro Alpha or to add some money for the M2?
it is my first "good" IEM,,,,,is the meelectronics m6 is a good option as well?
i thing my head is spinning :)

p.s: i dont have amp and will use them on my ipad iphone only.

Feb 21, 2011 at 9:10 AM Post #6 of 33
The M6 IS a good option.

As far a M1 or Pro Alpha goes, the M1's are more analytical, while Pro Alphas are "fun", with a little more bass. At least, thats what I've read...

Feb 21, 2011 at 9:16 AM Post #7 of 33
and how is the m2 compare to them? is the build quality is better as well?
every 10 seconds i increase my budget here :)
i started with 30$+- and now i look in the Fischer Audio Eterna that cost more then twice.
do you recommend me to start with the pro alphas or the m6 and after a while to upgrade or should i begin with a 60-70$ IEM?

Feb 21, 2011 at 9:35 AM Post #8 of 33
Well, I'm not going to say what you SHOULD start with. But personally, I would start low. Upgrading is fun :) ATM I have Kicker eb141($50), Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5($90), Ultimate Ears Metro Fi 220($40), Head Direct RE2($29). BUT I got the Super.Fis on sale for $60 and the Metro Fis for $20. And even with all of this, I don't plan on moving up a price bracket anytime soon.

Basically, do you want to take a journey through hi-fi, and find your exact tastes, and an IEM to match them, or would you rather start at the top, and live with what you get? @535dff But I

Feb 21, 2011 at 10:08 AM Post #9 of 33
I had the R02 which is the same thing as the Pro Alpha except the latter is the international version. It is a great value. It has a pleasing sound with lots of accessories and a good case when you need to store your iem in your bag or something.

The M2 is a bit more expensive but also better. I have the M2 right now and they are warmer than the Pro Alpha. My only complaint with the M2 is that the strain relief near the housing is a bit long so I cut off a bit to make over the ear fit easier. There's info out on both of them so a simple search should give you plenty of results.

Feb 21, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #13 of 33
 the last three are Brainwavz pro alpha or the meelectronics m6 or the Head Direct RE?
which one will give me the best sound?
[snip]

Head Direct RE2 :frowning2:

Well, from those, I'd say the ProAlpha. I have the M1 and it's definitely one of the best for the money. I don't feel like it needs an amp, though; my Clip+ drives it just fine.

The RE2 is a bit older and apparently somewhat dry, and the M6, well, some people love it, some people don't... I think fit is sometimes problematic. The Brainwavz M1/ProAlpha have a completely effortless fit, the only problem being it's hard to get them out of the ear because the housing is somewhat hard to grab.

IMHO, YYMV, etc.

Feb 21, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #14 of 33
Really, I'm not sure. RE2s are supposed to be great for balanced, and not very bassy listening. I have a pair coming in tomorrow :p
Supposed sound sig:
Balanced, bass shy

My mom has a pair of M6's coming in tomorrow, too. They're supposed to be a great deal at the $20 you can get them for, and in my opinion are the best looking out of all three. (The clears o.O)
Remember they have to be worn over ear.
Supposed sound sig:
V shaped, heavy bass. Very fun sounding.

And then the Pro Alphas. I won't get to try these until a sale comes up. :p  But they're supposed to be an amazing deal even at full price.
Supposed sound:
Fun sounding, heavier bass than M1's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back