Brainwavz Omega earphones: Steel fashion for the savvy on the budget!
Jan 20, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #16 of 32
No, the great SQ is still the same, I just can't get the cable slider up far enough (due to the mic/control) to cinch it tight and secure it so I can totally eliminate any cable noise. 

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #17 of 32
Just got these today and am giving them an initial listen. I was a bit afraid they might be too hot for me given the description, but I'm giving them the black metal acid test and haven't hit anything too hot yet. That's a good sign for me because black metal can easily induce ear fatigue very quickly with hot IEM. So far, so good...

Jan 22, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #18 of 32
Does anybody who is going to review the Omega have a (genuine) Sony MH1c and will do a quick comparison? I wouldn't be too much surprised if there were similarities although the Omega seems to be differently tuned in the treble and with a bit less bass. Before you ask - I don't have an MH1c, but its frequency response in the bass department looks quite like I perceive the Omega and how my sample measures in the lows.

Jan 26, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #21 of 32
  @HiFiChris Nice review man! My pair just arrived! Been chilling to the tune of the stock tips and so far they seem pretty enjoyable. Smart tuning for the $15 bucks they're asking. 

Since when are you allowed to have more microdrivers. I thought you were banned from them until you got some help/seek counseling and such
devil_face.gif

My Omega review link is below in my signature.

Feb 11, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #22 of 32
@HiFiChris nice review with cool FR measurement!  Yes, agree with you, Omega tonality is V shape, though not overly V shape.

Just posted my review here:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-omega-in-ear-earbuds-noise-isolating-earphones-remote-mic-headset-stereo-headphones-apple-iphone-android-black/reviews/15231

After using it for a few weeks, I would say I quite like it. Definitely a lot of bang for the buck!

Feb 25, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #26 of 32
So the signatures is mid-forward and not v-shaped?

An extract from my review:

Here is a frequency response plot of the Omega, together with other in-ears that I will compare it to further below:

Please note that it wasn’t recorded with professional equipment but with my Vibro Veritas coupler that was pseudo-calibrated to more or less match a real IEC 711 coupler’s response with applied diffuse-field target, hence the results shouldn’t be regarded as absolute values but rather as a rough comparison. Especially at 3, 6 and 9 kHz, there are sometimes greater deviations from professional plots, maybe I have to adjust the calibration/compensation file sometime – but for a general, rough comparison between various in-ears, the results are sufficient.

What can be nicely seen is that the bass extends very evenly and without hump.  The zenith isn’t reached at 100 Hz in the upper bass but further down in the mid-bass, which reminds me of a tuning based on the Harman target curve in the lows, and indeed, the bass doesn’t appear overdone and keeps away from overshadowing the mids, without any unnecessary fundamental tone bloom, although the lows are strong and audible north of neutral, but the low starting emphasis helps for avoiding the typical bloom many in-ears suffer.
In the treble, I hear the Omega different than on the plot: what I am hearing is a very evenly extending treble emphasis without peaks or distracting harshness, although level is clearly above zero (though not as much as on the graph and much more even plus more level above 10 kHz).

The tuning is consumer-oriented but very well-made – the lows are clearly present but don’t appear too dominant because of the low starting emphasis; in addition it fits coherently in and doesn’t appear disconnected. This v-shape that focusses more on the mid- and sub-bas and the upper treble is well-suited for low listening levels, too.

Feb 25, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #28 of 32
By the way I was finding a budget sub-20 iem for my friend whose using some nokie earbuds from his old phone, can you guys give me some suggestion? He listens to metal, country and pops. I was thinking about the piston 3 and the Brainwavz omega, which one will suit my friend more?

May 30, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #29 of 32
Reading this thread I feel as if I'm late to the party.  Nevertheless, I'm here now and this is where you can find my review of the Omega: http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-omega-in-ear-earbuds-noise-isolating-earphones-remote-mic-headset-stereo-headphones-apple-iphone-android-black/reviews/16099

Jun 22, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #30 of 32
  @HiFiChris Nice review man! My pair just arrived! Been chilling to the tune of the stock tips and so far they seem pretty enjoyable. Smart tuning for the $15 bucks they're asking. 

Just wanted to mention, I love your obsession with micro dynamics.

Its something we need to fuel with maximum sound quality with the smallest driver. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Since when are you allowed to have more microdrivers. I thought you were banned from them until you got some help/seek counseling and such
devil_face.gif

My Omega review link is below in my signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back