Brainwavz M5 or DUNU Trident?
Oct 6, 2012 at 3:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Walla

New Head-Fier
Hey guys! I've been searching for new IEMs and I came up with these two: the Brainwavz M5 and the DUNU Trident.  Both are about right for me as far as budget goes.  From what I have gathered, both are very durable and have good sound quality for their price range.  I enjoy listening to music of all genres from dubstep to rap to R&B.  Recently, I've been more interested in sound quality because I began to notice how poor individual sounds emitted through my Skullcandies (I know :/).  So my question is, will both earbuds have good clarity when it comes to different instruments and sounds (timbre).  Which one will provide the best overall sound quality?

Thanks 

Oct 6, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #5 of 13
build quality is un matchec in the price range, and SQ is very good for the price too

Oct 6, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #7 of 13
Not had the M5 I'm afraid, but dunu products in general have been amazing, they are a much nicer company to deal with.

The tridents have the sound you want too, good bass without drowning out the rest.

Oct 6, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #8 of 13
I've never tried a Dunu product before but I've never had any problems with mp4nation thus far.. Also the VSonic GR02 Bass Edition might be another option to consider in this price range.

Thanks for answering my questions.

Oct 6, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #9 of 13
Thanks guys.  Also, regarding microphonics, I have read that the Tridents have some cable noise.  I am prepared to deal with it but what I want to know is, how obnoxious are the sounds? Will the clip that is provided do a good job reducing the microphonics, as I plan on walking around while using this IEM.  I also prefer to wear them down as opposed to over the ear.     

Oct 6, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:
Hey guys! I've been searching for new IEMs and I came up with these two: the Brainwavz M5 and the DUNU Trident.  Both are about right for me as far as budget goes.  From what I have gathered, both are very durable and have good sound quality for their price range.  I enjoy listening to music of all genres from dubstep to rap to R&B.  Recently, I've been more interested in sound quality because I began to notice how poor individual sounds emitted through my Skullcandies (I know :/).  So my question is, will both earbuds have good clarity when it comes to different instruments and sounds (timbre).  Which one will provide the best overall sound quality?

Thanks 

Based on your musical preferences, I would hang towards the Dunu Trident, or wait for the Brainwavz M4 to go on sale (generally around 30 bucks).  

Apr 5, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #13 of 13
Comparing just now a silly Brainwavz M5 with Dunu Trident.
Guys, I want to call Brainwavz an audiowhore, but my education doesn't allow me to do it.
It's my first take on M5s and I can't understand why didn't I pay enough attention to the complaints described in some neighbour theme before purchasing them )) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back