Brainwavz M3 First Impressions & Pics
Jul 23, 2011 at 2:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Austin Morrow

Headphoneus Supremus
Sorry, I just have to share this fantastic IEM with you guys. I know there are already many reviews on here regarding the M3, but I seriously love these little bad boys. They are easily worth twice the price, maybe more. So, let's begin with a little pre-review.

(Note: I officially have the ViSang R04, but I have heard that these are EXACTLY the same thing as the M3's, just re-branded for international uses)

Packaging was very nice and neat, came in a small black box that lifted up and out of the way (lifts up like the iPhone box) and revealed the earphones themselves, a very nice clamshell carrying case, a tech specs sheet, a few sets of Sony Hybrid like ear-tips (with an set of foamies too) and a ViSang VIP member card (?). Wow, that cable is very nice, black, rubbery, and braided. No tangling whatsoever, very, very nice. Earphones are awesome too, aluminum for the nozzle and the out-sticking ends on the back and black plastic for the housing. Hmm, not so sure about isolation though. Lemme try some thicker ones, that's better. Average isolation. That metal thing sticking out of the end though is annoying, maybe if go over the ear....oh yeah, that's way better, and less ambient noise. Alright, comfortable? Yes, very, feels like nothing there, and zero cable noise over the ear. 

But, how do they sound on the 100 hour pre-burn in phase? Fantastic, to say the least, I was NOT expecting this for a $80 IEM. Bass is very tight and extended, with no coloration into the midrange from what I can tell. Rumbly indeed, but not enough impact to be overpowering. The mids are very sweet, probably my favorite part. Listening to Lifehouse's All In All on ALAC is incredible. Very forward, probably a little bit too much for some. Treble's great too, very good extension, very, very slight roll off at the very top though. Not analytical, but nicely detailed. The soundstage is decently layered, with a slight bit of width and average depth.

I'll have about 3 or 4 pics uploaded in about 10 minutes, still compressing and watermarking. Stay tuned!

Jul 23, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #2 of 2
Here are the pics!

And here is the cable:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back