Brainwavz M3 Audition Program - Reviewers Wanted :)
Dec 3, 2010 at 2:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

razzer001

Member of the Trade: Brainwavz
****This audition is separate from the one that is being run on MP4 Nation, this one is meant for Head-Fi members, however we may merge the two if there is not enough people interested from both forums****

We are looking for people who have the time and interested to audition and review our new Brainwavz M3

What is the Audition Program?

It loaner program allowing select individuals to test our Brainwavz M3 for a period of 1 week, after which the auditioning individual needs to send the Brainwavz M3 to another person who will audition and review the M3.

This is meant to be a fun experience, but it is not open to all members of the Head-Fi community, i will be selecting 5 - 10 people based on their location to review our Brainwavz M3. I plan on running a few auditions simultaneously, each one having 10 - 20 people involved.

We are looking for people from the following countries:

USA East
USA West
Canada
UK
Singapore (this maybe run via our Singapore reseller)
India (this maybe run via our India reseller)

There are some terms to the audition:

1. Be a current active member on Head-fi
  2. Each person that accepts to audition the M3 must be willing to mail the M3 with all its accessories to the next person at their cost, this includes adding signature and tracking confirmation.
  3. Write a short review of how you found the Brainwavz M3 on the main Brainwavz M3 review thread. Reviewers in Singapore and India maybe asked to post on another forum that is popular in each respective country.
  4. We ask that you take care of the Brainwavz M3 that you get.
  5. You have the time and the interest to test and review the Brainwavz M3 that you will get.
  6. You understand this is a loaner program and you are not to keep the Brainwavz M3
  7. Share your experience with others
    icon_smile.gif

Requirements to be eligible:

1. You have had experience with earphones in the same price range as the Brainwavz M3 before, please post what earphones you use or have used.
  2. What source gear you will use with the Brainwavz M3
  3. That you have the time and interest to do this.
  4. Willing to cover shipping to the next person.

Please don't be upset if we do not choose you, we will have more auditions in the future, you can always try for those.

The last person who auditions the M3 in each group will be given a local address to mail the Brainwavz M3 to.

As these are in ear monitors we will include additional tips, enough to cover all the auditioners, any used tips are not meant to be forwarded, however it is expect that each auditioners to sanitize the nozzle and remove any ear wax that may be there from their own usage.

If you are interested please post below, i will start to compile a short list of possible reviewer and then make a final selection.This 

Dec 3, 2010 at 12:25 PM Post #2 of 19
I'm interested.

IEM experience: Meelec M6, UE SF5 pro, UE TF10.
Source : Sansa Clip+ (Rockboxed), 5th gen ipod > custom LOD > JDS Cmoybb v2.02, Asus laptop > Nuforce icon uDAC.
Time:  Would it be possible to extend the test period to a week and a half? I'm not sure I can fully grasp the sound signature of M3 fairly if the schedule is so tight.
Shipping: I can cover the shipping cost via CONUS, but prefer closer regions.

Small update:

I have a RE0 coming in, which is usually consider the best IEM in the sub 100 price range. It will probably be the main ones I would compare the M3 with.

Dec 8, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #4 of 19
Me too. Location: East Coast (NJ) V-Moda Vibes, Klipsch Custom 3, Ultimate Ears TF10, Denon, Meelec M6, M9 and many more. Source: Sansa Fuze Rockbox, Sansa Clip, Fiio E7. I have the time and will cover the shipping, no problem. 

Dec 8, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #5 of 19
Not to repost here because I already posted on the MP4Nation forums, but I just wanted to add myself to the Head-Fi thread just in case.
smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=228922&f=1#p228922

Dec 18, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #6 of 19
I'm interested 

tf-10, westone 3, brainwavz m2's, sennheiser cx300II, sennheiser HD800, monster pro turbine coppers, grado sr60i,80i,125i,225i,325i, woodied sr225i's, koss portapro, sennheiser px100, px100II px200II, crappleearbuds...monster miles davis tributes, monster turbine coppers

source: Ipod classic 7th gen 160 gb, lossless music files, amp: total airhead w/ lineout

shipping: will ship to next member within the CON US

James

Dec 21, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #7 of 19
Thanks for your interest, i will be making a list off all reviewers (both here and mp4nation) after xmas. If you are interested in reviewing then please post here asap.

Dec 22, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #8 of 19
I'll bite.
Current headphones: Akg K271, Beyerdynamic DT220, Koss KSC75/Portapro, MEElectonics M9, Monster Coppers, Ultimate Ears Super fi 4, Smeggipucks (SFI woodies), and that Fanny Wang dude actually replied and is probably sending me his Wangs.
Sources: Sony A726, Sansa Clip, Zune HD, and a Mini3 I'm trying to fix up.
Time: Sure, as long as I don't get them during finals. Would a week and a half be an issue? To get a complete grasp on sound.

Dec 24, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #9 of 19
Never mind, cross me out. Parents got me an N2+M3 combo as an Xmas present!

Jan 5, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #10 of 19
Hi Razzer --

I'd be happy to audition your new Brainwavz M3 earphones

IEMs: Westone 3, Sony Limited Edition ($130), Sony Noise Canceling, Various sub $50 Skull Candy. Sennheiser, JVC, Philips & Sony earphones, plus Grado 225i & Sen HD500 headphones
Sources: 4th gen iPod Touch, Sony Walkman 4Gig MP3, Desktop PC (lossless iTunes), Denon DCD 1500 II> custom LOD (inexpensive) > Nuforce Icon Mobile Amp/DAC
Time:  How many listening hours in that week would you like?
Shipping: No problem (CONUS)

Please let me know if I can help.

Thanks.

Matt

Jan 5, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #11 of 19
I'm interested, what a great idea.  

Can Experience: Etymotic MC5, Fostex T50RP, Grado 325i (Mogami Cable), Grado SR325, Grado SR225, Grado SR125, Grado SR80,Grado SR60i, Grado SR60,Hifiman RE252,Head-Direct Re0 x3
 Hifiman RE2, iGrado, JVC HARX700x2,Kanen M880-Wooden Orthodynamic DIY with 32ohm SFI drivers recabled, Koss KSC75 (Kramer-modded,headband,px200 pads), Maximo-IM590,MEElectronics M6-CL, Sennheiser IE6, Sennheiser Px200ii (modded), Sennheiser PX100, Sennheiser HD202, Sony XB500, Thinksound Rain TS01, Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10, Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 with Enyo Cable, UE 700 Sony Hybrids, Ultimate Ears Metro-Fi 170,Ultimate Ears Super Fi 4, Ultimate Ears Super Fi 5, Ultrasone HFI780, Yuin G2A 

Source: Cowon Cowon D2 D2+Firmware, Iphone 3gs, Ipod Nano 3rd gen 4GB, HP Pavillion DV6 

Amp: PA2V2, Fiio E5

Time:  I have about 30 minutes during lunch, and an hour or so after work no more than that due to hectic work schedule.

Shipping: will ship to next member within the CON US

Jan 6, 2011 at 2:36 AM Post #12 of 19
i'd like to participate. i'm in the eastern us. for gear please take a look at my profile. thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back