Brainwavz M2 or something else?
May 18, 2013 at 12:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

franticmanic

New Head-Fier
I am looking for a new pair of earphones, i used to own a pair of m2 until they died on me and i just lost my m3 last night. I have a budget of about $60 and want something that is good with rock, i loved the m2 for how they sounded except that the bass could sometimes be a little too strong. Is there anything else i should try that is in my budget? I love queen and whichever i get has to play good with their tracks.

May 18, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #2 of 10
First off -  http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here
Multi-IEM Review - 281 IEMs compared (VSonic GR07 BE and R02 Silver Added 05/15/13 p.688)
In case you haven't found these - other places to ask questions regarding portable gear.

So I'm assuming you'll want better build than the M2? :p If I might ask, do you happen to know by chance where they had failed on you? The cable, the driver? 

I do think that the GR04 fits around this price and retains some of the smoothness, lushness/thickness of note, while being a tad bit more balanced on the bass. The GR06s have similar consistency in the mids as well, but the bass is even less present. Build on either ain't so shabby as well.

May 18, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #3 of 10
Wrong, Vsonic GR06 have more bass than GR04 Standart/Classical Edition.
TwinQY, stop reffering to joker top-list and judging only on it. If you don't know the real situation, don't interfere, please.

May 18, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #4 of 10
Please do enlighten me on how the GR06s have more quantity than the GR04s. I assume you've heard both as well.

And of course, that comment could be construed as slander.

May 18, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:
Wrong, Vsonic GR06 have more bass than GR04 Standart/Classical Edition.

From Head-Fi.org's Posting Guidelines /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Curb any urge you may have to flippantly dismiss someone's opinion.

Also, please consider staying on topic and helping the OP out with his/her question... as opposed to arguing with other posters trying to do the same.  Thanks.

May 18, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:
Also, please consider staying on topic and helping the OP out with his/her question... as opposed to arguing with other posters trying to do the same.  Thanks.

I am trying to help the topic starter to avoid the unappropriate set of phones.
Why shall I comply stupid principles? Why shall I call the black white?

May 18, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:
Quote:

I am trying to help the topic starter to avoid the unappropriate set of phones.
Why shall I comply stupid principles? Why shall I call the black white?

You can easily help by making a recommendation of your own, which you did not do.  In fact, not only did you fail to address the OP's request, but you did not address the OP at all, and focused simply on contradicting TwinQY.

In addition, it is not a stupid principle.  Head-Fi is a community.  As such, there is an implied social contract governed by specific rules and posting guidelines.  It exists for a multitude of people to share and communicate their experiences productively.  It does not exist for you to pass judgment upon or chastise others.  If you feel that you cannot abide by this social contract, perhaps you should reconsider your participation.

And finally, no one is suggesting that you state something contradictory to your opinion.  However, in the same way that others would be wrong to put down your opinion, you are also acting in poor form by putting down the opinions of others.

May 18, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:
I am looking for a new pair of earphones, i used to own a pair of m2 until they died on me and i just lost my m3 last night. I have a budget of about $60 and want something that is good with rock, i loved the m2 for how they sounded except that the bass could sometimes be a little too strong. Is there anything else i should try that is in my budget? I love queen and whichever i get has to play good with their tracks.

franticmanic, how sensitive are you to treble?  I ask because I'm listening to One Vision right now through my UE700.  And while the bass is nicely controlled, and it sounds great for the most part, it does run a little hot in the highs at times.  Anyway, I mention this because I recently ordered a UE600 specifically to address the brightness of the UE700, and I think the UE600 might be a viable option for you.  It is scheduled to arrive this coming Monday, at which time I'll be posting some quick impressions in the Portables Recommendation thread as some have asked for it.

May 20, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:
First off -  http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here
Multi-IEM Review - 281 IEMs compared (VSonic GR07 BE and R02 Silver Added 05/15/13 p.688)
In case you haven't found these - other places to ask questions regarding portable gear.

So I'm assuming you'll want better build than the M2? :p If I might ask, do you happen to know by chance where they had failed on you? The cable, the driver? 

I do think that the GR04 fits around this price and retains some of the smoothness, lushness/thickness of note, while being a tad bit more balanced on the bass. The GR06s have similar consistency in the mids as well, but the bass is even less present. Build on either ain't so shabby as well.

I checked the comparisons and there was just so many there, a bit of information overload. The m2 cable broke on me :frowning2: I am going to keep looking for a little, i might hold off from buying right now and try and save a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back