Brainwavz M2 or M3
Nov 29, 2010 at 4:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

vincedea

Head-Fier
hey guys im thinking about getting these. does anyone has any experience on them or heard if they are good or not.

I pretty much listen to everything.  the thing i am most looking for is good vocals and not heavy bass would these work for me?

Nov 29, 2010 at 4:17 PM Post #2 of 17
Ive had these for about 2 weeks............so far Im lovin em.  Nice bass, not over bearing, but definitely bumps nicely.  The mids and highs sound very clear and accurate to me.  Nice separation.............just a great IEM for the money. 

Nov 29, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #3 of 17
If you're looking for great vocals and controlled bass, I would avoid these. I've had mine for about a year and enjoyed them for awhile, but found the mids to be recessed and overpowered by the bass. They're definitely "fun" sounding, but vocals aren't their strong point.

Nov 29, 2010 at 4:31 PM Post #4 of 17

Quote:
If you're looking for great vocals and controlled bass, I would avoid these. I've had mine for about a year and enjoyed them for awhile, but found the mids to be recessed and overpowered by the bass. They're definitely "fun" sounding, but vocals aren't their strong point.

do you have any other suggestions on other IEM

Nov 29, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #6 of 17

Quote:
Quote:

do you have any other suggestions on other IEM

Audition some if you can................Im listening to Kem right now............a Jazz vocalist and he sounds amazing on the S4s. 

Nov 29, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #7 of 17
The S4s are known for their bass. Not very neutral if you asked me. Mainstream raved IEMs are mainly bass heavy (such as Monster Turbines and the S4s). I guess a lot of critics like bass-heavy headphones. They want to fist pump to their IEMs. +1 to the M2s. I've heard pretty good reviews about these.

Nov 29, 2010 at 4:48 PM Post #8 of 17

Quote:
hey guys im thinking about getting these. does anyone has any experience on them or heard if they are good or not.

I pretty much listen to everything.  the thing i am most looking for is good vocals and not heavy bass would these work for me?

Ahhhhh, my bad.  I didnt absorb what you wrote.  Yeah, if you want great vocals.............try the UE Superfi4's.  You can find them on sale/clearance all over.  I hated them, because they had anemic bass, but they had great vocals and highs. 

Nov 29, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #9 of 17
By the way...........I dont consider S4s bass heavy.  I think they have the correct amount of bass.   Now my XB40's and Bass Freq's were bass heavy.  

Nov 29, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #10 of 17

Quote:
Brainwavz M2 with those requirements. Much stronger mids and slightly weaker bass than the S4s.

is brainwavz called a different company? on amazon nothing came up for them

Quote:
By the way...........I dont consider S4s bass heavy.  I think they have the correct amount of bass.   Now my XB40's and Bass Freq's were bass heavy.  

as long as the bass is not heavy i dont mind. i just dont want bass that has like crazy thumping lol

Nov 29, 2010 at 10:14 PM Post #12 of 17

Quote:

Brainwavz is the in-house audio brand of mp4nation.net. You can also buy the M2 on ebay under the name 'ViSang R03' but it will be more expensive since ViSang is the Chinese brand name and not intended for worldwide resale. 

Nov 30, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #13 of 17

Quote:

Quote:

Brainwavz is the in-house audio brand of mp4nation.net. You can also buy the M2 on ebay under the name 'ViSang R03' but it will be more expensive since ViSang is the Chinese brand name and not intended for worldwide resale. 

thanks for the site. when i visited the site i did the online chat thing and the agent recommended me the M3? its $30 more what do you guys think M2 or M3

Nov 30, 2010 at 8:31 AM Post #15 of 17
Good lord IjokerI !!!!  .............  I have to bow down to the amount of headphones/IEMs you own or have owned. 

Im just gonna shut my pie hole about recommending an IEM to anyone now.  LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back