Brainwavz M1 with less microphonics?
Nov 2, 2010 at 6:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

z537z

New Head-Fier
Hiya - total newbie here, but I'm a little stumped: 
Yesterday I caught my Brainwavz M1s on something and ripped apart the right bud. I'll try to repair it short-term, but I'd like a new set going forward.

The sound on the M1s is PERFECT, but only after I have the proper fit in my ear (fully engaged/isolated) - but at this point the microphonics are THROUGH THE ROOF if I'm moving around - I wear these primarily at the gym, and over-ear doesn't help enough (and keeps falling off).
Before my enlightenment my Skullcandy FMJ's were decent enough, but the cord noise was nonexistent compared to these. 

I should also note my ears need a big fitting to seal up, and anything that stays put under a motorcycle helmet is a BIG plus.

Can anybody make a recommendation in the 50$ area? 

Thanks!

Nov 3, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for the input!
I just ordered a pair of TD100 II IEMs from Xears, I'll be sure to post up a review once they're here (and burned in). 
These PL50s very well might be my NEXT purchase - I like the low profile, good for sleeping in (and under a motorcycle helmet!). 

In the meantime I've patched my M1s back together - as I said, over the ear helps but it's not ideal. 
However on planes they'll still be my first choice for clear, soft sleepy music if I'm not wearing my big Sony MDRs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back