Brainwavz M1 vs proalpha (visang r02)
Dec 21, 2010 at 1:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

pigenio

New Head-Fier
I know there are some forums around this but...
I'm a 60-80's rock music listener, so what would you recommend?

I've owned
sennheiser cx-300
creative ep-830

I've tried
creative ep-630 

right now both earphones are around $40 so..

also: I've read mp4nation's shipping service is real crap.. what experiences have you had lately?

thanks you very much for helping this poor noobie 
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 21, 2010 at 9:56 AM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
bump??

edit: also.. forgot to say.. I listen progressive rock a lot.

Well, did you like the sennheisers and creatives?  If so, you like bass, so the ProAlpha is probably more in line with your preferences.

If you found the bass overwhelming in your older headphones, the M1 may be more in line with what you want.

Too bad the Xears sale is finished, I would've recommended the TD100-II, but they're now quite expensive.  The bullets can be found on the Xears e-bay store for 15 EUR + shipping, which is an OK deal if you can deal with a j-cord (look for Xears Bullet XB120Pro on http://stores.ebay.com/4satisfaction-store/ ); those ship from Germany and I've had very good experience with them; they ship quickly and it gets to Canada in 1.5-2 weeks.  Don't know how they compare to the Brainwavz as I don't have one of those.  They may lack a bit of treble for proper cymbal resolution, but they're very good for the price.  You'll be happy with the bass and overall balance IMHO.  See a comparative review here: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/525769/comparison-review-sunrise-sw-xcape-xears-bullet-xb120-pro-hifiman-re-zero-pansonic-hje900 ; keep in mind it's being compared to headphones that cost 80$.

Or if you're worried about mp4nation shipping, you can try getting the ViSang R02 from ebay, it's the same as the ProAlpha minus ear guides.  I don't remember which seller was known to be reliable, you can look it up on the forum.  Anything from Hong Kong or China, be it from mp4nation or ebay, can take a long time to arrive.  mp4nation is sometimes known to take their time shipping stuff, claiming stock shortages and whatnot; depends on which product you're buying.

Good luck, and do let us know what you picked 
etysmile.gif

Feb 22, 2011 at 2:28 PM Post #5 of 5
anyone else know about the xb120? haven't heard of them 'til now .. 
anybody knows how they compare to brainwavz?

Well, I now have a Brainwavz M1, and I must say, if you can get the TD100 for cheap, go for it, but unless you can't afford the 40$ M1, get the M1. It's a better earphone than the bullets. Or the ProAlpha/ViSang R02 if you must have bass. But I personally like the M1 a lot as it is; it's not bass-light at all IMHO. If the ProAlpha is bassier than that, I'm not interested :D

Get the bullets if you really can't afford the M1 or ProAlpha/R02. The Bullet is still better bang for the buck soundwise, but that's only because it's roughly half the price of the Brainwavz earphones. Overall package for the M1 is better, with a hard case and much better cable. Not that the bullets are bad per se; the sound is just slightly less good, the soundstage slightly less precise, the treble a bit flat, and the fit a bit less comfortable.

As for mp4nation, my personal experience with them was excellent. I ordered during the lunar new year vacation (50% off, amazing deal, but unlikely to happen again soon); they shipped as soon as the vacation was done, and I got them one week later. I don't know what they did to HK post, but I actually got stuff fast for once. If you are in the US, get it from mp4nationusa.com, it's 10$ off, which is still a great deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back