Brainwavz HM9, Your thoughts?
Jul 31, 2013 at 5:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

Justlog

100+ Head-Fier
Hey there everyone, so MP4Nation just put up their brand new Brainwavz HM9 up for pre-order with a 30$ discount on it for anyone who plans on pre-ordering it.
Your thoughts?

Jul 31, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #7 of 44
Jul 31, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #8 of 44
I love the HM5, and would want to try the HM9. Seems to have great build quality and is fold-able with a neat set of cables [ including one for the phone :) ].

Would help to consider Zoro HD too. Tyll Hertsens of Innerfidelity had reviewed the Noontec Zoro (non-HD version) and provided good feedback, just as Steve Guttenberg has provided for the Zoro HD.

I would tilt towards HM9 though provided someone reviews it to be good.

There is no dearth of Beats clones, and both these are no exceptions!
normal_smile .gif

Jul 31, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #9 of 44
Quote:
Well that is true.
So I have a question, the HM5 is actually a rebranded monitor?

Heya,

Yeap, the Fischer Audio FA003 (both plastic and woodback), the Brainwavz HM5 and the NVX Monitor are the same headphone. Simply rebranded.

The HM5 gained a lot of popularity recently because it's simply easier to get (Fischer is Russian and often hard to find a distributor that ships for most people, and those that did had pretty long wait times) and the initial cost has been low by a few dollars. So easier access and a slightly lower price equates to more purchasing.

Very best,

Jul 31, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #10 of 44
hm5, fa-003, jaycar digitech pro monitors, lindys etc are all manufactured by yoga. google yoga cd-880.hm3 is yoga cd-68...new line of fischer audios are made by esmooth etc. great headphones thoough...but i would never spent money on their products. propably there will be a cheaper version available soon enough. jaycars cost about quarter of the price fa is sold for. i have two awesome looking headphones built out of wood and metal heading my way. i will rview those when i get them. 60$ a piece. if you buy 100 headphones it's about 30$ a piece. I wouldnt be surprised if those will be new fischer and brainwavz headphones...selling for 300$. sorry about the typos...writing on a cellphone is not that convenient.

Jul 31, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #11 of 44
Yeah the Jaycar sell for $50 U.S.  And they are the same...  Buyers need to research to save $.

Jul 31, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #12 of 44
Still brainwavz like Fischer both has great reps delivering good headphones with seriously great sounds. So I for one am curious about these.
And i want to know how they compare with 1350, Senns 25/amperiors and ofcourse the mighty m80s.

Cant wait for the reviews.

Aug 2, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #13 of 44
Are these headphones a rebrand of something we know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back