Brainwavz HM5 Pads (Different Colours / Velour / Leather)
Jun 8, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #211 of 270
  It must mean that that someone successfully stretched a pair onto the cups of a K701/Q701/K702/etc., and notified mp4nation.  Impressive.  I was afraid of tearing a pair when stretching them onto my K553 as it is.  Nowadays, I can pull off and screw-on the pads I put on my K553 very easily.
No photos of the K70x feat, though.  I did find photos of a K240 with HM5 pads in a quick Google search, it's not that much smaller than K701, if I'm not mistaken.
Note that K240 doesn't have a proprietary system for attaching the earpads.

Just to keep in mind, some people are not only stretching, they are also loosening the stitching on the back ring in order to get the earpads to fit their headphones.

I also want to point out there are now different color Angled earpads available (can be purchased on amazon.com and brainwavzaudio.com) :)

Jun 8, 2016 at 3:50 AM Post #212 of 270
  It must mean that that someone successfully stretched a pair onto the cups of a K701/Q701/K702/etc., and notified mp4nation.  Impressive.  I was afraid of tearing a pair when stretching them onto my K553 as it is.  Nowadays, I can pull off and screw-on the pads I put on my K553 very easily.
No photos of the K70x feat, though.  I did find photos of a K240 with HM5 pads in a quick Google search, it's not that much smaller than K701, if I'm not mistaken.
Note that K240 doesn't have a proprietary system for attaching the earpads.

They're listed as compatible on the brainwavz site itself
http://www.brainwavzaudio.com/collections/accessories/products/headphone-pad-hybrid

edit. wth, I'm probably gonna try. If it goes wrong I'm gonna keep the pads for a grado or something else.
Which model should I get? The hybrid/velour/pleather?

edit2. found this
https://imgur.com/a/ZEAQb
not looking that good, I'm gonna skip it

Jun 26, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #213 of 270
Has anyone tried to fit these on Senn HD6XX phones?  Thanks!

Jul 16, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #214 of 270
These will make my ATH-M50X less bassy? I really don't want to lose any of the bass on my cans.

I have the black ones and i'm between the dark red or the bright red, cant decide..

The current stock pads tend to become uncomfy after sometime, i really want to replace them without losing any bass though

Jul 17, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #215 of 270
I say that they don't, others say yes.
The headphone takes on a lass in-your-face sound as a result, which gives the illusion of reduced bass.  Stock earpads ruin the fine, natural-sounding midrange that M50 drivers are capable of, though, and HM5s bring that out.

Aug 14, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #216 of 270
First time poster, long time lurker. I've got a set of the Brainwavz HM5 pads on my JVC HA-SZ2000's and I'm in love. The stock ear pads were too shallow and my ears would touch the driver. Since the HA-SZ2000's hit so hard I was worried I'd lose some of it, but the pads actually improved the sound. They opened the sound stage up a bit due to the distance from my ears without any loss of bass or treble. The mids still needed to be EQ'ed, but that was the same way on the stock pads. I can now wear the phones for multiple hours without fatigue.

I'd add some pics, but apparently you can't do that on your first post.

Aug 15, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #217 of 270
  First time poster, long time lurker. I've got a set of the Brainwavz HM5 pads on my JVC HA-SZ2000's and I'm in love. The stock ear pads were too shallow and my ears would touch the driver. Since the HA-SZ2000's hit so hard I was worried I'd lose some of it, but the pads actually improved the sound. They opened the sound stage up a bit due to the distance from my ears without any loss of bass or treble. The mids still needed to be EQ'ed, but that was the same way on the stock pads. I can now wear the phones for multiple hours without fatigue.

I'd add some pics, but apparently you can't do that on your first post.

Here are a couple of pics.

Aug 15, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #218 of 270
Thanks for the pictures, was actually looking for some pads myself to replace the stock ones. Man do they really hurt after long periods of usage. I was looking for some used/cheap JVC HAM55X or HAM77X that I can get and use those pads but they are kinda hard to find now at a cheap price. I'll just get these instead they seem cheap and easily available. 

I was wondering if anyone tried the angled ones on same or similar headphones and gotten a better sound overall. Otherwise I think it's best to get the regular Memory Foam stock pads for JVC HA-SZ2000.

Aug 15, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #219 of 270
Glad to help. Because you are spot on, they really do hurt after about 90 minutes with the stock pads. I haven't tried the angled ones, only because the HA-SZ2000 has a natural bevel to the driver housing. If you take your stock pads off, you'll see what I mean. Also, just a heads up, the pads are a tight fit to put on but worth it.

Aug 18, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #220 of 270
I just got a pair of Ultrasone HFI-580's yesterday, and while they are really comfortable on the stock pads, I just had to try the HM5 pads off of my HA-SZ2000's and it was worth it. These are surely the most comfortable pair of headphones I own at the moment. I think I'm gonna order the black hybrid HM5 pads for these HFI's and put the red ones back on the JVC's. I really do seem to prefer to put HM5 pads on everything I can. Thanks Brainwavs, lol.

Aug 18, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #221 of 270
  I just got a pair of Ultrasone HFI-580's yesterday, and while they are really comfortable on the stock pads, I just had to try the HM5 pads off of my HA-SZ2000's and it was worth it. These are surely the most comfortable pair of headphones I own at the moment. I think I'm gonna order the black hybrid HM5 pads for these HFI's and put the red ones back on the JVC's. I really do seem to prefer to put HM5 pads on everything I can. Thanks Brainwavs, lol.

I don't know......those pads look pretty sharp on those phones!

Aug 22, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #224 of 270
I decided to go ahead and put the red pads back on my HA-SZ2000, they just looked so good on there. So I ordered up some dark blue and brown just to see what they would look like on my HFI-580's. I'm feeling the blue, but tell me what y'all think.

Aug 22, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #225 of 270
  I decided to go ahead and put the red pads back on my HA-SZ2000, they just looked so good on there. So I ordered up some dark blue and brown just to see what they would look like on my HFI-580's. I'm feeling the blue, but tell me what y'all think.

Blue is my favorite color, so there ya go!! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back