Brainwavz HM5 Pads (Different Colours / Velour / Leather)
Dec 12, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #76 of 270

I really want to put the velours on beyer 990's and fostex t50rp

The velours sucked ALL the treble out of the DT880's so YMMV on the DT990's with the HM5 Velours.

Dec 12, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #77 of 270
I really want to put the velours on beyer 990's and fostex t50rp

Iirc someone in the T50RP thread mentioned a tube mod.....

I use one of my pair on a pair of T50RP's and they went on fine with help of a little patient the first time. They're starting to show signs of tear on some places now but I've taken them on and of at least ten times. The T50RP's sound and feel fantastic with the velour ones.

Dec 12, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #79 of 270

From what I've seen the velour fits beyers horribly. It covers part of the opening of the cup. 

Yes they do fit bad, also the backing bunches up on the yoke attachments.

Dec 15, 2014 at 7:05 AM Post #81 of 270
I personally find the plaether pads sounding better.

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #84 of 270

Pleather gives a fuller bass but the heat over time kills it. This is a problem with all pleather pads. Because of this I've learned to like velour.

not bad but for now its cold in here, and me likey. for now, these velour pads are not bad at all, but just for now i am liking the pleathers on M50.

Dec 25, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #87 of 270
Hey everyone just a quick question. I bought a used HM5 (originally purchased in September) and I am not liking the stock pads at the moment. They are not firm at all and feels like they are losing their shape. 

http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-replacement-memory-foam-earpad-dark-red-suitable-for-large-over-the-ear-headphones

These replacement pleather pads are not the same as the stock hm5 pads correct? If they hold their shape better I will order a pair to replace the stock pads and the stock takstar pro 80 pads once i receive those headphones. 

Dec 26, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #88 of 270
  Hey everyone just a quick question. I bought a used HM5 (originally purchased in September) and I am not liking the stock pads at the moment. They are not firm at all and feels like they are losing their shape. 

http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-replacement-memory-foam-earpad-dark-red-suitable-for-large-over-the-ear-headphones

These replacement pleather pads are not the same as the stock hm5 pads correct? If they hold their shape better I will order a pair to replace the stock pads and the stock takstar pro 80 pads once i receive those headphones. 

see the pros and cons and decide by yourself. both these pads are nice, but in this cold, i am liking the pleather pads more then velour ones, do keep in mind that pleather pads will get generate more heat. both are firm and good to be precise.

Dec 26, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #89 of 270

see the pros and cons and decide by yourself. both these pads are nice, but in this cold, i am liking the pleather pads more then velour ones, do keep in mind that pleather pads will get generate more heat. both are firm and good to be precise.

You misunderstand my post. I already have the stock pads. I am just wondering if the ones in my link are the updated versions? I just found out that they are supposed to be different and was recently updated? 

Dec 26, 2014 at 2:55 AM Post #90 of 270
  You misunderstand my post. I already have the stock pads. I am just wondering if the ones in my link are the updated versions? I just found out that they are supposed to be different and was recently updated? 

these are thicker and better. you can call it an upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back