Brainwavz Delta IEM's: new low cost champs!
May 27, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #436 of 452
I pulled the trigger on the Delta :)
I have the Ultimate Ears UE700 and they are not fun to listen... Maybe they are very neutral and balanced but on the go I don't get really exited by the sound.
I have also some old Creative EP-630 and they sound (for my current taste - they were times when I loved them and thought they are fantastic) muddy and have too much bass.

So I want to try something in the middle... I chose the Delta over the CX 3.00 and the E10 because of the price and the sound signature descriptions in forums. Let's see if I did the right decision :):):)

May 29, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #437 of 452
Thought I'd share my experience trying to EQ these:

1. Bumping 30Hz down 8dB (width* 30Hz) and 200Hz down 10dB (width 100Hz) clears bass up so actually makes bass instruments such as electric bass guitar especially more distinguished and seperated
  2. Also bumped 3.2kHz (width 1000Hz) and 4.9kHz (width 2000Hz) down around 4/5dB as I was getting peaks around here although that may just be my ears. Not sure yet whether this is an improvement because it results in even more bass, so requires lowering of other bass frequencies also. However it does make the mids noticeably less mushy** and coloured (I was getting odd messy echo-y sounds in guitars before) but also vocals sound artificial.
  3. Boosting frequencies above ~5kHz adds some details to cymbals etc. although I'm also aware boosting is not the way EQ should be used due to distortion, but I can't think of any other way to improve the treble without making lower frequencies even quieter as I have done so so much already^. Without doing this, bullet point two results in rather too much bass.

On another interesting note I found the bass extension on these is ridiculous (albeit inaccurate). Using a sine wave generator going right down to 5Hz, although I'm aware this is below human hearing, you can still feel these IEMs pushing lots of air. 

*You may know "width" as "Q" or whatever, but I'm using ArmAmp which uses "width"
**Forgive my obvious lack of audio vocabulary

May 30, 2015 at 5:11 AM Post #438 of 452
I got my Brainwavz yesterday. That's a IMHO very bass heavy in ear. Listening to music in the tram sounds good but at home I prefer something like a Logitech UE200 with less bass.

Jun 30, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #439 of 452
Does anyone know about the availability of these right now? Amazon doesn't seem to have the black in either Android version or the non-remote version (non-smartphone), and Newegg has what's listed as an Android and iPhone version in black, but doesn't seem to allow you to choose between Android and iPhone and doesn't tell you which one it is. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA5UR1Z72803

Is there low availability of these right now, maybe because of the glowing review in Wirecutter? (IOW where can you get these?)

Thanks..

Jul 11, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #440 of 452

Does anyone know about the availability of these right now? Amazon doesn't seem to have the black in either Android version or the non-remote version (non-smartphone), and Newegg has what's listed as an Android and iPhone version in black, but doesn't seem to allow you to choose between Android and iPhone and doesn't tell you which one it is. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA5UR1Z72803

Is there low availability of these right now, maybe because of the glowing review in Wirecutter? (IOW where can you get these?)

Thanks..

That sucks, I can see all versions on the Amazon UK site. Maybe just go for the black iPhone version and buy an adapter if you're bothered about colour*? If you go for white, it goes a sorta beige creamy colour after a while and the red bits go light and mauve-y, kinda reminds me of the Sennheiser HD598 colour scheme actually 
tongue.gif

*I don't know if these are actually available, but otherwise you can do a bit of resoldering or software magic

Also, I don't know about anyone else but I had a MASSIVE problem with driver flex in the left driver. The only way to insert the phone without making the sound quieter and popping and removing all bass was to pretty much let it sit just outside my canal, more like an earbud.

The Solution: Basically the Delta has no vents anywhere 
confused.gif
 so we need to make one, but of course it's an aluminum shell, so the only place to do this is where the cable enters the housing.

1. With a craft knife, carefully cut away the back of the strain relief where it meets the body (i.e. you see the seperated rings? You need the one closest to the housing)
  2. Use tweezers to pull out the bits and if you're lucky there should now be a hole next to the cable through into the housing
  3. If not, you may need something like a pin or needle to just push a hole in the remaining rubber

This may not make any sense, but pics are coming soon.

Sep 19, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #441 of 452
These are going for half off  on the Amazon.ca site. Just bought a pair and they sound well balanced and not too heavy on the bass. Highly recommend them, especially if you can get the promotion code from the Canadian seller www.pactech.ca/deal

Sep 20, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #445 of 452
Well I was really surprised ... I bought them because of all the opinions here... Only to realize that my particular Delta sounds completely different... Sorry for that..

You're probably just sensitive to that certain frequency.

You could always EQ it, just saying :wink:

Sep 21, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #446 of 452
But let's not forget this is a 20€ headphone:) it can't sound perfect. In the end I as satisfied by the RHA MA750 this is what I would call not too heavy on bass :)
But this is a matt r of taste and what you are used to list n to. I don't have a real basshead-headphones around here. That bassiest I have is the Delta and the EP-630

Jan 28, 2016 at 1:15 AM Post #448 of 452
Nope. They are garbage. Idk how I ever liked them lol. Cheap build, muffled sound. Panasonic RPHJE120S are $7 and sound better. For $12 I bought Chinese IE800 and they sound better. These were overhyped by a mile lol. This is all IMO though

Jan 28, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #449 of 452
Nope. They are garbage. Idk how I ever liked them lol. Cheap build, muffled sound. Panasonic RPHJE120S are $7 and sound better. For $12 I bought Chinese IE800 and they sound better. These were overhyped by a mile lol. This is all IMO though

Yeah i believed that hype too.

Jan 28, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #450 of 452

Users who are viewing this thread

Back