Brainwavz Delta IEM's: new low cost champs!
Nov 27, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #256 of 452
Sorry, I didn't mean to directly compare US Amazon and MP4Nation. I just meant that since I used 2 day shipping but won't get them for a week, maybe there was a problem with manufacturing and/or that the shipping issues in general would be fixed within the next week or so. All my other stuff will be here by this Saturday. 

Nov 28, 2013 at 5:42 AM Post #259 of 452
It seems that there has been some sort of confusion in the local post office. Apparently my delta's were sitting in the post office for 2-3 days and no one bothered to notify me. Good job, IsraPost. Anyway now I finaly have them, and here are my very first impressions:
First of all I didn't burn in those yet, and I think (and hope) that that's the reason why the low frequencies aren't there at all yet, therefor I won't be talking about it for now.
The seal is simply great for me with the foam tips, i've never used this kind of tips before and after few minutes of getting used to, it was great. comfortable and perfect seal. There is slight microphonics, but when worn over ear it's almost gone completely.
When listening to acoustic, quite songs those earphones are at they're really very best. Songs like Sounds of silence by Simon and Garfunkel or That's the way by Led Zeppelin sound so freaking great. I felt that I've never really heard the song like it supposed to be until I heard it with the delta's. The wide soundstage and outstanding clarity, along with good seperation and just slightly forward mids really make those sound great. Like I said, for now the lows aren't good at all, muddy buss and feels completely out of control and unstable, but that's the situation straight out of the box, I hope a little burn in will solve it.
Overall great value for now, I'm really glad I purchased it. Defintely worth the wait. More detailed review will come after longer use.

Nov 28, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #260 of 452
The bass will not become more well rounded. I sold my Deltas because the bass never overcame the muddy unruly state it's in. It's a big fail IEM because despite the nice treble and slightly recessed mids if lush mids, the inarticulate bass ruined the whole affair.

Brainwavz Delta - TAKE A PASS.

Nov 28, 2013 at 8:09 AM Post #261 of 452
The bass will not become more well rounded. I sold my Deltas because the bass never overcame the muddy unruly state it's in. It's a big fail IEM because despite the nice treble and slightly recessed mids if lush mids, the inarticulate bass ruined the whole affair.

Its been stated more than a few times on here that these aren't the best choice for bass heads(including my original review), so if that was what you were after, you really should have passed from the get go. Read the reviews, folks, thats why we do them :wink:

Nov 28, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #262 of 452

Sorry mate dont mean to sound harsh but to be honest its your own fault for buying them in the first place.

Even before they were released there were people/reviewers stating that they are bass light, and judging by your signature you seem to prefer to have some nice controlled weighty bass in your IEMs. To put it bluntly, you shouldn't have got them in the first place since they dont fit your prefered sound signature requirements.

Also, please dont discourage other people from buying them like you did in your post. A lot of people prefer to have a more balanced signature rather than a bassy one, so these are right up their alley.

Nov 28, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #263 of 452
I'm not a bass head. That's just it. The bass is poor, unruly, and very inarticulate for a so called balanced bass IEM. If the bass was anywhere near refined, I would have been fine with them. The bass is horrid on these, and not from a bass head POV.

Nov 28, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #264 of 452
Is there any physical difference between the right and left side of those? It's pretty hard to know which side is which when using in dark.
Oh and another thing, how sweat resistance are they? I have a race tomorrow and I wonder if I should the deltas, I don't want to cause damage.

Nov 28, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #265 of 452
Go for it. The metal casing will keep sweat out, and those thick and well insulated cords aren't going to be affected by sweat or much of anything. Mark the left side with a sharpee. If you ever end up selling, a dab of rubbing alcohol will remove it. There are nozzle angle issues with left and right , however slight.

Nov 29, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #267 of 452
One of the best headphone purchases this year. It sounds more like a balanced armature driver than a dynamic one. The comply tips from my Yamaha eb900 makes them shine. With silicone tips, there appears to be a 3 dB spike at about 7.5 kHz.

Nov 30, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #268 of 452
One of the best headphone purchases this year. It sounds more like a balanced armature driver than a dynamic one. The comply tips from my Yamaha eb900 makes them shine. With silicone tips, there appears to be a 3 dB spike at about 7.5 kHz.

are you trying to be serious? an armature driver? maybe a monoprice armature driver? surely not a high quality one. 

Nov 30, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #269 of 452
are you trying to be serious? an armature driver? maybe a monoprice armature driver? surely not a high quality one. 

The deltas sound good to me and have a sound signature similar to single balanced armature items: somewhat mid-centric. There is no need for you to act bitter towards anyone who does not agree with you. You do not like the deltas, leave it and get a life.

Nov 30, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #270 of 452
haha get a life? I did. I got one and sold my Deltas along with the other budget pretender the FX 40. I'm quite happy with my new life with the JVC HA-FXT90. Unlike the Deltas, I can actually enjoy my music without excessively uncontrolled bass and barely average mids. :) Enjoy your life and your Deltas, and take care. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back