Brainwavz Delta IEM's: new low cost champs!
Nov 20, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #226 of 452
I got them for about two weeks.
The sound is as described by the others, pretty neutral and balanced but not lifeless or boring. They also give a quite decent soundstage with bits of 3D which is quite satisfying.
I can agree that they are quite picky with the source. I can't really drive them from my Samsung phone, I need to crack the volume 100% and still they sound thin. Through other sources/DAP they are just perfect.
I also think that these have one of the longest cords I have ever found in IEM or probably it is the material of it that doesn't allow tangling
I mainly have one issue, the tips. Medium size don't really fit well and Small size don't seal perfectly well. The Complys are not really useful either for me.
Does anyone have any suggest for alternative tips?

Philips Fidelio S2 silicone tips fit perfectly with these phones

Nov 20, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #227 of 452

I am sorry it has still yet to arrive. Unless your in S. America, a few countries in S. Asia or a few places in E. Europe it should have arrived. There are only usually two reasons for this length of delay 1) its stuck in customs 2) without you knowing it your local post office has your parcel and waiting for you to collect it (the later normally happens when a postal employee doesn't go to your door to deliver and forgets to place a pick up card). Rarely do parcels get lost, in a year for all the parcels we send out we may only get 5-10 that end up lost, this is a very, very tiny fraction of the overall shipments we send out.

With our shipping, we use Singpost and normally around this time of the year the entire global postal system is usually at its max in terms of cargo, so parcels that take 10-20 days may take 15 - 25 to most western countries. Even if we shipped directly through HK Post it would be the same, this we do know as we do use HKP for some orders.

Also with airmail, unlike say Fedex, there is a chance it can take sometime to arrive, your experience so far with parcels coming from outside of your country has been good, but i can tell you if you as you become a more seasoned importer of wares through registered airmail every now and then a parcel will take sometime to arrive, be it from us or anyone else.

What i would suggest is PMíng me your order number so i can look it up, i do have a lot of experience knowing where to check tracking even when it may seem your own country postal website doesn't show results for inward registered airmail.

Again quite sorry your Deltas are still a no show.

Well, I'm in E. Europe but it's none of the 2 reasons you've listed. 1) tracking info is immediately updated in my country on every step of the processing, so I always know when the package is customs, when it's being processed at a processing station and when it has arrived at my local post office. 2) See 1) - I get notified within a week of arrival that the package is being held in customs and I have to pay taxes or provide paypal or bank statement on the price of the purchase. And I also get a phone call if more than 5 days pass without me taking action. I also get a phone call from my local post office for the package after around the same time has passed no matter if the postman left a pick up card of forgot to do it. So far the only update I have on the tracking in my country was on the 30th when they updated the tracking info that the package is being sent from Singapore to my country.

I get it that there are certain times of the year where packages take longer to arrive but here we're not talking about something that takes usually 10-20 days and now it took 15-25. I'm talking about stuff that usually takes 5-12 days and now it's been 41 days. And I am a seasoned importer - my Asian market purchasing history is not just based on the 6-7 times I've bought stuff from mp4nation. I've had packages take around a month to arrive from China and Hong Kong and last year at around this time my vsonic VC02 took 50 days to arrive from China with China Post. The thing with that VC02 is that it took 47 days to be processed and dispatched but always after a package is dispatched it arrives in my country in under 5 days.
I wouldn't worry too much about my Deltas if they weren't dispatched from Singapore (because they have too much packages to process or sth) but since they updated the tracking info and the Deltas supposedly left Singapore on 29-30th last month I have no idea what happened to the package coz it's been 3 weeks since and supposedly the package is not in Singapore anymore nut it's not in my country either. That's the first time I've had issues with Singpost and they have always been like a Singapore Fed Ex - super fast with dispatch and quick arrival.
The only time it took me longer than 12 days was with my R1 but that was partially my fault coz it was stuck at the customs and I didn't have the time to deal with it, so I left it sit there around 2 weeks more until I claimed it. But again the clerk at th customs office told me that there was some issue with the labeling of the package (I don't remember if it was something about the weight being off or sth) and that's why they held it and I had to pay customs taxes.

Anyway, I'll PM you my order and trucking numbers even though I checked with track-trace and no new info on the package and I checked in other countries too if it's stuck somewhere on the way.

Nov 20, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #229 of 452
I hope yours work longer than mine when you finally get them. Mine only worked properly for about 2 weeks and now they have a bad channel imbalance. I'm not gonna bother with a replacement.

Nov 21, 2013 at 6:01 AM Post #231 of 452
  Well, I'm in E. Europe but it's none of the 2 reasons you've listed. 1) tracking info is immediately updated in my country on every step of the processing, so I always know when the package is customs, when it's being processed at a processing station and when it has arrived at my local post office. 2) See 1) - I get notified within a week of arrival that the package is being held in customs and I have to pay taxes or provide paypal or bank statement on the price of the purchase. And I also get a phone call if more than 5 days pass without me taking action. I also get a phone call from my local post office for the package after around the same time has passed no matter if the postman left a pick up card of forgot to do it. So far the only update I have on the tracking in my country was on the 30th when they updated the tracking info that the package is being sent from Singapore to my country.

I get it that there are certain times of the year where packages take longer to arrive but here we're not talking about something that takes usually 10-20 days and now it took 15-25. I'm talking about stuff that usually takes 5-12 days and now it's been 41 days. And I am a seasoned importer - my Asian market purchasing history is not just based on the 6-7 times I've bought stuff from mp4nation. I've had packages take around a month to arrive from China and Hong Kong and last year at around this time my vsonic VC02 took 50 days to arrive from China with China Post. The thing with that VC02 is that it took 47 days to be processed and dispatched but always after a package is dispatched it arrives in my country in under 5 days.
I wouldn't worry too much about my Deltas if they weren't dispatched from Singapore (because they have too much packages to process or sth) but since they updated the tracking info and the Deltas supposedly left Singapore on 29-30th last month I have no idea what happened to the package coz it's been 3 weeks since and supposedly the package is not in Singapore anymore nut it's not in my country either. That's the first time I've had issues with Singpost and they have always been like a Singapore Fed Ex - super fast with dispatch and quick arrival.
The only time it took me longer than 12 days was with my R1 but that was partially my fault coz it was stuck at the customs and I didn't have the time to deal with it, so I left it sit there around 2 weeks more until I claimed it. But again the clerk at th customs office told me that there was some issue with the labeling of the package (I don't remember if it was something about the weight being off or sth) and that's why they held it and I had to pay customs taxes.

Anyway, I'll PM you my order and trucking numbers even though I checked with track-trace and no new info on the package and I checked in other countries too if it's stuck somewhere on the way.

I, like kova4a also wait for a package from mp4nation (HM5 Pads)
I ordered them on 21 Oct 2013 and still nothing.
The last update from ezyparcels says - despatched to ATC since 03 Nov 2013...

So there was a reason why i said E. Europe, customs or better i should say, the lack of customs capacity to process and clear parcels into a country is where the delay is. Where's your parcel, no doubt in my mind its in your country, probably at the main airport in the capital city, sitting since early this month in a customs warehouse waiting for one of the few overloaded customs officer to catalog, process and clear your parcel. Until someone actually starts processing the parcel the parcel will basically not show up on tracking websites that its entered your country, as technically it has not. Also keep in mind just because parcel A arrived into the country before parcel B and B arrived before C and D and E, does not mean parcel A gets processed first, it could be any parcel arriving at any time goes first, but in general there is a general wait. Seasonal increase from xmas just adds to the problem.

Just based on experience, i would probably say that both of you will get your parcels by the end of the month, some point between now and the end of the month, the parcel will all of a sudden show up clearing customs and a few days later be delivered.

As we are on this point i would point out that the main source for the huge amount of parcels that cause this backlog pretty much all come from Chinese ecommerce sites, mainly from the mega dollar stores like dx or clothing stores like lightinthebox or now from aliexpress. When i mean huge i mean like hundreds of tons sitting every day just in Moscow airport every day (just giving moscow as an example, but its very similar in most other E. european countries). I moved MP4 Nation over from HK post to Singpost as HK post about two years back was getting choked with all the parcels coming into HK by logistics companies that collected and mailed out all the parcels from China based ecommerce sites. Now a lot of those sites use Singpost like we do and we're again seeing the same slow down in processing.

Don't get me wrong, i am sorry the parcel has not arrived and although you might still think its to do with us, its actually nothing to do with us and its just a issue with the volume of air cargo coming in and not enough capacity at most E. European countries main customs location to clear parcels.

http://postandparcel.info/54989/news/companies/delays-and-disruption-as-russian-post-struggles-with-e-commerce/

Nov 21, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #232 of 452
Well, I'm sorry but this is a bit of a generalization - just because it's E.Europe and there have been delays in Moscow you presume that all of the countries in E.Europe lack manpower in the customs department. As I said that delay is super weird coz I already received 2 packages from Hong Kong Post that were both ordered and dispatched after my Deltas were dispatched from Hong Kong. Both of the packages arrived in around 10 days after I ordered them, so it's kinda weird when you have 2 people from the same country waiting so long just for the packages from mp4nation. I'm not pointing fingers or blaming you but it's just very odd. Of course it might be a weird coincidence but I live in the capital of my country and I know that packages for the capital are usually processed first, so again - it's pretty weird. I probably wouldn't be bothered and would just assume that there might be too much packages to process if I hadn't received my other 2 packages in the time period I usually do receive stuff from Hong Kong and Singapore.

Anyway, I'm not in a rush to get the Deltas - I just wanted to try them. I guess it's possible that the package was misplaced and would show up eventually.

Nov 21, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #233 of 452
You could always try the M6 bi-flanges if you have any to hand, they should improve the depth and bass not to mention provide a better fit.

I decided to go ahead and pick up a pair. I always seem to have problems getting a good seal in my right ear with IEMs, and the Deltas are no different. I do hope they will bring out just a tab more bass response though as well :)

Nov 21, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #234 of 452
Does anyone else find the bass of these seriously lacking in volume and impact? I recently got a pair of these and I am by no means a basshead (for comparison, I found the Brainwavz M4s to have too much bass which is why I picked these up). I also use AKG Q701s as my home full size cans which I don't find too bass light to enjoy. To those who have the Deltas, would you describe them as bass light or is it possible I have a defective pair?

Nov 21, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #235 of 452
  Does anyone else find the bass of these seriously lacking in volume and impact? I recently got a pair of these and I am by no means a basshead (for comparison, I found the Brainwavz M4s to have too much bass which is why I picked these up). I also use AKG Q701s as my home full size cans which I don't find too bass light to enjoy. To those who have the Deltas, would you describe them as bass light or is it possible I have a defective pair?

Not bass light at all. I'm a basshead and they have a good amount of low end.

Play with different tips first. The comply tips do nothing for me on them, yet the stock tips sound wonderful. A bad seal can kill sound, and everyone's ears are different.

Nov 21, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #236 of 452

I'm no basshead, and I agree 100%. It may be the seal, but I find them lacking in this department. Also, they sound thin at higher volumes when I'm walking around campus, but that again may be due to seal. I bought the double-flange M6 tips, so I hope this will help me get a better seal. 

Nov 22, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #237 of 452

We consider them bass light, but not bass anemic. You should check to make sure you are getting a good seal, try using the comply foam tips that were included. You can also get more bass if you have any other tips that have a narrower nozzle hole, the silicone tips that we send with the deltas have a very wide nozzle hole.
I hope yours work longer than mine when you finally get them. Mine only worked properly for about 2 weeks and now they have a bad channel imbalance. I'm not gonna bother with a replacement.

If you have not disposed of them then please contact our support at http://www.mp4nation.net/contacts let them know the problem, i can assure you the replacement process is quite painless.

Nov 22, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #238 of 452
just got mine through today and they seem good. 

only problem is there seems to be a slight hiss/crackle at the beginning of certain songs, is this normal? this is on both the left and right earbud btw, i'm on pretty much my first listen of them

Nov 24, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #239 of 452
I've been listening to these for a bit now and been testing different environments. When I'm at home in a quiet environment, these sound excellent. When I'm walking around campus where there is a lot of noise, these sound quite thin. I use my main headphones for campus so it's not a big deal, but this has been my experience so far. I am using the M6 double flange tips and in terms of sound there is little difference. I am still having problems getting a good seal in my right ear, but these tips seemed to have helped some. 

Nov 25, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #240 of 452
It's now three weeks since I've placed the order, the status is despatched to overseas for two weeks now, and still no sign of the delta's. The tracking code doesn't work with my local post tracking service (I live in Israel). Anything I can do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back