Brainwavz B2 vs Vsonic GR07?
Oct 22, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #2 of 30
I will recommend the GR07 because it offers fairly wide soundstage, crisp clear mids, highs and tigh punchy bass but overall balanced and fun sounding IEMs. The B2 will offers better details in highs with less punchy bass than GR07, so if you want highly detailed IEMs then B2 willbe better pick and if need overall detailed, balanced yet fun sounding IEMs then GR07 are great buy. 

Oct 22, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #3 of 30
Well, both are great . The gr07 will manage very well and has the superior build quality and way better cable. The b2 has superior isolation but the cable feels so fragile and weak compared to the gr07's. As far as sound signature and presentation go, for Oasis I will pick the b2 over the gr07 any day. 

Oct 22, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #5 of 30
I've listened to both and I just am not into BA headphones at all.  They don't produce the same depth of bass I'm looking for during day to day use that a dynamic can.  Unfortunately that's just a physical problem that can't really be "tuned".

Oct 22, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #7 of 30
Well, I have both and I agree to some extent. While I use my b2 with shure olives and don't find the bass depth lacking, it indeed doesn't handle sub-bass as the gr07 can. But for Oasis and similar sounding bands that is just not an issue and that's when the more agressive detailing in the mids and the sparkling highs of the b2 come to play and make it my choice.

Oct 22, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #8 of 30
You might not think so but it adds the necessary depth to make music sound "full" IMO...I listen to a bunch of different genres, and BAs just aren't well rounded enough to me.  A lot of people swear by them tho.  So just get both from Amazon and test them out and return whichever doesn't work for you.  Amazon has a spectacular return policy in the US.  Not sure about the country you shop from.

Oct 22, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #10 of 30
Quote:
You might not think so but it adds the necessary depth to make music sound "full" IMO...I listen to a bunch of different genres, and BAs just aren't well rounded enough to me.  A lot of people swear by them tho.  So just get both from Amazon and test them out and return whichever doesn't work for you.  Amazon has a spectacular return policy in the US.  Not sure about the country you shop from.

Can return the product before 30 days I think, not sure if you can with in ear headphones though... Hygiene and stuff?

Oct 22, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #11 of 30
Quote:
Well, both are great . The gr07 will manage very well and has the superior build quality and way better cable. The b2 has superior isolation but the cable feels so fragile and weak compared to the gr07's. As far as sound signature and presentation go, for Oasis I will pick the b2 over the gr07 any day. 

Do you think the advantages of the Vsonics beat the B2s? Better wire, build quality... And will I really notice much difference in sound? I'm not a headphone expert. I currently have Dre Beats Solo HD's (not sure why I bought them, fashion I guess) Which I hate, and before that I've only experienced cheap Skullcandys.

Oct 22, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #13 of 30
Quote:
Can return the product before 30 days I think, not sure if you can with in ear headphones though... Hygiene and stuff?

You can return nearly everything through Amazon.  They worked out some deal with the manufacturers I'm sure, so they don't go and resell them after they've been returned.  They just go back to the manufacturer and they likely sell them as refurbs.

Oct 22, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #14 of 30
Quote:
Do you think the advantages of the Vsonics beat the B2s? Better wire, build quality... And will I really notice much difference in sound? I'm not a headphone expert. I currently have Dre Beats Solo HD's (not sure why I bought them, fashion I guess) Which I hate, and before that I've only experienced cheap Skullcandys.

Well, no. The B2's cable can really make you worry about its duarability but if you haven't had experience with higher-end cables you won't pay attention to it. The b2 does have the advantage of a lot better isolation. For rock music and the older stuff like Beatles and everything similar sounding I prefer the B2 but the gr07 is also really good, I just prefer the more agressive presentation of the b2 in comparison to the smoother way the gr07 feeds you the details. But as I said they are both great and they are both great with rock music and more acoustic stuff but are just different in their presentation - that's why I have both 
biggrin.gif
 . Anyway, whichever you choose you won't regret it but as you're coming from low-end headphones maybe the gr07's sound will be the safer option for you.

Oct 22, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #15 of 30
I also listen to acoustic stuff/Jake Bugg(only known in the uk) Could you test earphones sound best for this sort of music? http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jake+bugg&oq=jake+bugg&gs_l=youtube.3..0i3j0j0i3j0l2j0i3j0l4.158.1192.0.1283.9.6.0.3.3.0.142.508.4j2.6.0...0.0...1ac.1.AV-YFwj2DYk

I'm more convinced to get the VSonics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back