Bowers & Wilkins PX Noise-Cancelling Over-ears
Jul 28, 2018 at 1:52 AM Post #2,297 of 2,912
Hi, anyone else suffering from unresponsive middle button? If I press it, there is no 'click' anymore. :frowning2:
There was someone here already having that problem. Just sent the HP back on warranty and they will replace it. Generally I never use buttons on BT headphones, becouse they always get damaged with time, just steering from phone. ^^

Jul 28, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #2,298 of 2,912
You said you were using aptX HD on a OnePlus 6. Were you going into the developer options to actually enable AAC?

I actually returned my H9i in favor of a Crossfade 2 Wireless. I'm mostly just amused when complaints arise that are clearly the fault of the user.

Isn’t the codex edition the same as the OG one rose gold ? I had the cross fade 2 wireless rose gold when they released them and I liked them and I loved the M-100. They sounded goood but after getting the PX I stopped using them.

Jul 28, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #2,300 of 2,912
Isn’t the codex edition the same as the OG one rose gold ? I had the cross fade 2 wireless rose gold when they released them and I liked them and I loved the M-100. They sounded goood but after getting the PX I stopped using them.

Not quite. Codex can do AAC.

Jul 30, 2018 at 7:56 AM Post #2,301 of 2,912
Aug 2, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #2,302 of 2,912
Just bought these headphones yesterday.
My initial impressions:
Build is great. I have a large head and thankfully it's a perfect fit if the bands are stretched out as far as they can go. It's sort of tight though - the headband can put pressure on my head. It's not entirely uncomfortable, and I'm sure it'll take a while to break in.
I love the earcups. They do apply a lot of pressure, but they encase my ears perfectly.
I have come across two issues though, and if anyone can help me I'd appreciate it very much.
The first issue is if I change volume (this only happens sometimes, but more often than not sadly) while listening to music and connected to Bluetooth, I hear a crackling noise. It's very faint and almost unnoticeable, but it's definitely there and only if I'm connected via Bluetooth and changing volume.
The second option is connected to the first. If I try to use the includes 3.5mm cable, I hear a very faint white noise coming from the headphones. It's almost like a hissing noise, and what's even weirder is that they don't have to be plugged into anything for the noise to be there.
Has anyone else had any of these issues? I'm going on a trip for a few days and I'll see if it stops, but it's good to know anyways.
Thanks.

Aug 3, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #2,303 of 2,912
Not sure about your first issue but, the 2nd issue is known. That is just how they are.

Aug 3, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #2,304 of 2,912
Not sure about your first issue but, the 2nd issue is known. That is just how they are.
Okay, thanks for letting me know.
The first issue really isn't horrible, it's just that I hear a small crackling sound if I change the volume on some songs at certain times.
It bugs me though, and I might as well swap them out for a new pair since Best Buy has a two week return policy.

Aug 4, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #2,305 of 2,912
1.) Did you try a different source device to be sure that it´s the PX making the noise?
2.) I think the PX always use their internal amplifier, even when connected to an analog source, thats why you hear the internal amps noisefloor even with no source attached.

Aug 7, 2018 at 6:50 AM Post #2,307 of 2,912
I have not seen that issue. However I have seen the Android reporting be wrong in comparison to what the app is reporting.

Aug 7, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #2,309 of 2,912
Interesting... Did not know that. It seems to report correct for me. But that would seem to point to the issue the other guy is having. If the app is showing 70% full and his light stops flashing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back