Bowers & Wilkins PX Noise-Cancelling Over-ears
Jul 22, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #2,281 of 2,912
I have the case also and had issues with it pressing up on the pads as was worried that it was to snug. I assume you are putting them in with the pads turned out flat and then when you put it in the case the pads turn slightly inwards ? As this is how I put them in. After two months of use there has been no damage to the HPs and I use the case daily.

Placing them in the case perfectly, dannydj. There's that sense of a little too tight when zipping it up.

Jul 22, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #2,282 of 2,912
Placing them in the case perfectly, dannydj. There's that sense of a little too tight when zipping it up.

Yep you are not alone in that feeling when zipping up, initially though the case wasn't going to work but the HP have been fine when used. Although when I get to where I'm going I do open the case and leave the lid resting on the HP just in case. Longest they have been zipped up is for 4hrs and the average daily is about 1hr. Hope this helps.

Jul 22, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #2,283 of 2,912
Yep you are not alone in that feeling when zipping up, initially though the case wasn't going to work but the HP have been fine when used. Although when I get to where I'm going I do open the case and leave the lid resting on the HP just in case. Longest they have been zipped up is for 4hrs and the average daily is about 1hr. Hope this helps.

Maybe have to get over my phobia, dannydj. Perfectly decent case, though.

Jul 22, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #2,287 of 2,912
Yah I would like to have a nice hardshell case as well. Not much on amazon that looked promising

Jul 23, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #2,288 of 2,912
Sorry to drag this up again, but has anyone found the definitive hardshell case for the PX? I purchased the Geekria EJB54 on eBay, albeit for £5.99, but find it presses on the pads a little too much for my liking so still open to suggestions.

I don't need a case until our long-haul holiday in November and would like to find the perfect fit before then. The soft pouch supplied with the PX obviously isn't doing it for such epic travels.

Ended up using these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XKQN2RX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_RtEvBbF81AE2G

No pressure on the ear pads.

Jul 23, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #2,290 of 2,912
I use the hard case I got with my Sennheiser PXC-550s - works well

Jul 23, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #2,291 of 2,912
Are you able to put the headphones in the case without turning the cups inwards ?

Looking at the pics in the first review of the link would suggest so. The case looks solid and a good shell.

I'm guessing the depth might be a little more than anticipated but would still fit nicely into one side of a cabin case along with the B&W T7 for which B&W produced a perfectly acceptable hardshell case at a reasonable £20.

B&W missed a trick here and could have made loads of money. Put it this way, I paid full price of £330 at John Lewis and purchased the two year accidental damage insurance at £30 so I'm not going to blink at paying another £20-30 for a decent shell. It's protecting my investment. B&W messed up on this occasion.

https://www.amazon.com/Headphones-S...show_all_btm?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews

Jul 24, 2018 at 8:45 PM Post #2,293 of 2,912
Just got these as I'm in the process of returning the 1000MX2. With the Sony, the ANC modes were either too thick or too light but I made a great EQ with V4A for the max ANC setting. However, I couldn't help but to be paranoid about their durability and curious about other options. Especially since the reason I'm in the market for a headphone is because the Beyer t51i failed on me twice in 3 years.

Off the bat, the PX do better with my ears by giving them more space to breathe. I can feel the extra weight on the head but I have thickish hair so it doesn't really bother my head. I've gotten used to the weight after a few days now. They're oddly more comfortable to me than the Sony was due to better ear pads. Glad I actually tried them on my head instead of going off most comments. Everyone has a different head, jaw line, ears, etc. These headphones are very sensitive to positioning on the ears though. My hair sometimes behaves as a pair of glasses and breaks the seal so I'll have to move it out of the way. Not a big deal though.

Office is the best NC setting for sound quality by far like everyone said. City and Flight are too boomy. Took me a bit of playing around but I made an EQ with V4A that makes Flight sound great to me although to my ears Flight has more negative effects than just frequency response. I think Office sounds good but too much energy in the 300Hz range for me so I made an EQ for it too. These drivers are so good though. I'm hearing details I hadn't heard before in songs that I've listened to for years. A combination of the strong isolation and the quality of these drivers. I love the soundstage with these as well which is what you won't get from most other headphones. It is quite impressive.

The auto on and off feature has been outstanding for me and I love not having to press play or pause much at all. It makes the Sony feel dated. Also the fact that when they're off for 5 minutes, they go into standby and automatically come back on when you put them on...beautiful. I love having buttons versus the touch pad on the Sony as well. The touch pad wasn't finicky for me but lying down throws off your sense of up and down a bit so you end up going to the next track instead of turning up the volume, etc.

Things are looking good for these and if I don't run into any issues over the next week, I'll probably keep them. If I had no access to EQ though, I'm not sure I would keep them. V4A is saving the frequency response of these headphones for me. I was hoping it was neutral enough to make me forgo EQ but oh well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back