Bowers & Wilkins PX Noise-Cancelling Over-ears
Jun 10, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #2,116 of 2,912
Have had the px since it came out.I have a love/hate releationship with the sound.But in the past ive come to the conclusion that i dont like the sound that much.A friend of mine said that they had an digital sound to them.I think they sound boring.Not bad sound,but just boring.Bought the v moda crossfade 2 wireless yesterday and the sound is very fun and engaging (only tried with cable).I also recently bought the beyerdynamic dt 1770 pro,wich also sounds great.I guess my taste is leaning forward to v-shaped sound.And a little bit of warm fun sounding headphone.Maybe the px is to neautral for me.I owned the p9 last year.and they where the opposite.They where to booming and dark sounding.A real dissaster :p

Each to their own obviously. I had vmoda and byerdynamic and neither worked for me sound wise. PX hit a sweet spot... isolating enough to use outside and on the commute, flat enough to use for production (I prefer analytical to fun), styling enough that I'm ok wearing them with a blazer.

On the sound front... the OPPO PM-3 still has better seperation of instruments (panar magnetic just rocks that department) but it didn't take me long to recognise that the PM-3 are far too polite on the upper frequencies for me to produce with them. Casual listening for hours on end? Check... PM-3 are ultra comfortable physically and sound wise. But I need to be able to her that high end if I'm laying down tracks.

I also found the PX to break in as far as comfort goes. After giving the headband the slightest bend in the middle (so that they touch a bit on either side of the very top of the head, rather than only on the top of the head) and a few months use, my set is an extension of my body and I can listen comfortbly for 2 hour+ sessions

No, but my 'volume down' button while registering a press, stopped 'clicking' so mine were replaced. I suspect initial batch of these had a pretty high failure rate.

And this is exactly why I'm back in the thread... my PX are in for repair/replacement due to the buttons stopping clicking. They work but I really have to mash on them and don't like having to press so hard, can't be a good sign. I really hope they were able to fix rather than replace since I finally found a pair of PX that were super comfortable on me.

All and all... PX are my daily drivers, they meet all of my needs well enough, and after trying all my other headphones while they were out for repair I'm still lonely for them so I'm here lamenting

Jun 13, 2018 at 5:41 AM Post #2,119 of 2,912
Went for the Amazon.it deal as well. Was gonna do a review sometime this weekend in-store to compare it (a friend let me listen to his before, which I liked but I wanted to compare it to other headphones), but this way I'll just try it at home, which is more comfortable. And I can basically sell it 2nd hand for that price online usually. Or return it...

Jun 13, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #2,120 of 2,912
After comparisons to the WH-1000XM2, DSR7BT, and H9i, I can say the PX wins for someone whose requirements tilt toward sound over the rest. The ANC is great, but not world-class like Sony, they're a little less comfortable, and they lack the smooth operation, but the sound is just better. "Muscular" was a word I saw used that I agree with. They're not bassy, per se, but the sound has a heft to it that others lack. So I'm keeping the PX because its shortcomings are minor enough that its sonic advantages win over in the end.

Jun 15, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #2,122 of 2,912
I like the one Burty has in his Profile-Pic:
Geekria EJB29 UltraShell Headphones Case on Amazon.

I have ran mine on APTX HD and tbh usually I go for the cable, the sound is still much better on cable.

I usually keep a pair of earphones in my headphone case for when I'm tired of having the headphones on. I simply couldn't change to Bose after owning these, I'd always be wishing the sound quality was better.

Jun 15, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #2,126 of 2,912
I got my PX last month in time for a cross-country flight earlier this month and they are great. I'd had my eye on them for a while and finally pulled the trigger.

Has anyone tried the P9's lightning cable (this: http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Shop/accessories/P9-Signature-Lightning-cable.html) with the PX and an iPhone X? I'd just love to not need the headphone jack dongle to use my PX with my iPhone . I emailed B&W support and got what felt like a generic CYA answer "The P9 Lightning cable was designed to only work with the P9 headphones." I'd searched here but couldn't find a clear answer...

Jun 15, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #2,128 of 2,912
I got my PX last month in time for a cross-country flight earlier this month and they are great. I'd had my eye on them for a while and finally pulled the trigger.

Has anyone tried the P9's lightning cable (this: http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Shop/accessories/P9-Signature-Lightning-cable.html) with the PX and an iPhone X? I'd just love to not need the headphone jack dongle to use my PX with my iPhone . I emailed B&W support and got what felt like a generic CYA answer "The P9 Lightning cable was designed to only work with the P9 headphones." I'd searched here but couldn't find a clear answer...

I mean I can't see any reason it wouldn't work, cables are cables.

Jun 16, 2018 at 8:32 AM Post #2,130 of 2,912
App.
Its the best audio player for Android IMO.

Where did you get an USB-C to C OTG cable?

yes I had a look at the app, it looks very good indeed but i am slightly hesitant to purchase just yet as I am not sure that I will use the pixel as my music player due to its small size (32gb). Just to clarify if I install the app then run usb c to c into the PX's, will the headphones 24/48 dac will be used ?

I didn't use a OTG cable it was just the google usb c to c cable that I used. I just tried my go to usb c to c cable https://www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-USB-I...1MZGZUYL/ref=cm_cr_othr_d_product_top?ie=UTF8 and I couldn't get any sound what so ever ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back