Bowers & Wilkins PX Noise-Cancelling Over-ears
Nov 17, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #1,231 of 2,912
I found the wear sensitivity controls counter intuitive. After having a couple of issues I changed the setting to what I thought would be less sensitive to small movements and changes by choosing "Less" in the controls. Still had loads of issues, actually even more. So tried making them more sensitive and amazingly they worked great, no more issues and the smart pause / play works like a charm. For those having issues with this, what settings have you used?

I've kept mine on LESS since getting them. They had worked really well up until yesterday. Now they seem to be turning off constantly. I've even found that they are shutting off completely (three times during my 40 minute commute this morning).

I'm planning to see if there is any change in price for Black Friday before I send these back.

Nov 17, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #1,233 of 2,912
I've kept mine on LESS since getting them. They had worked really well up until yesterday. Now they seem to be turning off constantly. I've even found that they are shutting off completely (three times during my 40 minute commute this morning).

I'm planning to see if there is any change in price for Black Friday before I send these back.

Have you tried putting them on the "More" sensitive setting? This will detect things a bit further away so if you are getting problems whist wearing them you need to make them more sensitive. If they are fine whilst wearing but start playing when you put them down, that is when you are meant to use the "less" setting.

Nov 17, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #1,234 of 2,912
Have you tried putting them on the "More" sensitive setting? This will detect things a bit further away so if you are getting problems whist wearing them you need to make them more sensitive. If they are fine whilst wearing but start playing when you put them down, that is when you are meant to use the "less" setting.
Thanks a lot working as they should now just purchased a pair of P7W so I will compare the sound and let that be the judge

Nov 17, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #1,235 of 2,912

This is very counterintuitive (for me at least) but according to B&W instructions, LESS means it will stop/turn off more aggressively while MORE means it will take more to stop/turn off. So if your finding your headphones stopping too often, then switch it to MORE. If you find the headphones not stopping/turning off when taking them off, switch it to LESS.

Nov 17, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #1,238 of 2,912
I just picked up a pair of PX space greys today. Maybe I have really low expectations, but I think these are fantastic right off the bat. They don’t press on my head like the P5’s did, and the way ear pads cup around my ears is great. Having said that, I did start this journey wanting the P7W and never got to try them. But I didn’t wanna buy something now discontinued, and if I want banging bass, I already love my V-Moda M100’s. My PX will mainly be for subway commute.

Nov 17, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #1,239 of 2,912
Nov 17, 2017 at 10:07 PM Post #1,240 of 2,912
I just picked up a pair of PX space greys today. Maybe I have really low expectations, but I think these are fantastic right off the bat. They don’t press on my head like the P5’s did, and the way ear pads cup around my ears is great. Having said that, I did start this journey wanting the P7W and never got to try them. But I didn’t wanna buy something now discontinued, and if I want banging bass, I already love my V-Moda M100’s. My PX will mainly be for subway commute.

The problems seem to be buggy firmware more than anything else. It should get sorted.

Nov 18, 2017 at 1:15 AM Post #1,241 of 2,912
Got the px yesterday.Using them with my samsung s7.Just tried them some minutes now.The comfort is defently not like the bose.And they are heavier.But i think its something you get used to.Im used to use peltor hearing protection headphones everyday at work,and they are worse.So im not that picky.The sound seems so far good.

Nov 18, 2017 at 4:24 AM Post #1,242 of 2,912
Is the "tube effect" sound present in the P7W? How would you compare the P7W's aptx vs the PX's aptx HD? I had the V20 now i have the 30. My listeners say call quality of the PX is very good; would you say the P7W are par or subpar in comparison?
No tube effect on P7W. You can feel differentiate it when you compare P7W and PX side by side.I can't comment on how aptx HD changed sound since PX is sounding really different than P7W even while both are working with aptX.

I tested almost all leading bluetooth Headphones, like QC35, Senns and even had owned Sony 1000x for a month. But none of them were sounding as great as P7W. Now I've PX, but it didn't changed my mind, P7W is still my favorite. P7W has a great PRAT* feeling that PX doesn't have and I think this tube effect blocks it. I'll give a couple of days more to PX to see if more burn in changes things or not. If not I'll surely return PX with a big disappointment :/

*PRAT: Pace Rhythm and Timing. It means the toe tapability factor of the music.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2017 at 4:51 AM Post #1,243 of 2,912
I picked these up a couple a days ago. Really like the headphone itself, but I not sure if I like the sound quality. The sound stage feels really small. Feels like sitting in a box. Its not as engaging as I am used to (Denon AH-D7000 home and Jaybird X3 at the gym). Going to use these in the office. Hope things improve drastically during burn-in. If not, I may have to return them for Sony's 1000X.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #1,245 of 2,912
Another thing I had to think about was, would I actually want to wear something so bulky like P7W on a commute? My head is already pretty huge and I think the PX space grey for me is subtle enough both in color and shape that I’ll feel ok wearing it out.

Once the PX is positioned properly on my head (and this does take an extra second to adjust), the wireless sound quality is pretty great, ANC off. Does not sound different to ‘normal’ headphones. (Just casual observations, not scientific A/B lol) Less bass than M-100, and less spacious than my HD-800, but that’s to be expected. Connection just worked straight out of the box bluetooth to iPhone.

Having said that, this is my first official pair of wireless headphones, so maybe I dunno What I’m talking about. Also, burn-in... I think I’ll do less than usual because I don’t wanna drain battery on two devices lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back