Bowers & Wilkins PI7
Oct 4, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #901 of 1,155
Got a loaner pair of PI7. It would pair to both my SP1k, KANN DAPs. However, when connecting it to either of the players, it would momentarily connect and disconnect immediately. Anyone else facing similar issues? No such issues with my Galaxy phone.

Oct 4, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #902 of 1,155
Has anyone found a battery case protector for the PI7 yet. Of course I see a lot of them for Apple's earbuds, but I haven't seen any offering for a fitted silicon or leather cover. I'd also like to see some kind of tethering system for the case.

I actually contacted a independent leather bag maker, but they were not interested. I get it, probably not a huge market. Even a silicon case would be good to find.

Oct 4, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #903 of 1,155
Has anyone found a battery case protector for the PI7 yet. Of course I see a lot of them for Apple's earbuds, but I haven't seen any offering for a fitted silicon or leather cover. I'd also like to see some kind of tethering system for the case.

I actually contacted a independent leather bag maker, but they were not interested. I get it, probably not a huge market. Even a silicon case would be good to find.
Just drip hot candle wax all over it.

Oct 4, 2021 at 11:15 PM Post #905 of 1,155
I’ve read some of this thread but not all of it, so apologies if this was covered/discussed earlier…

But for those with iOS devices you can get AptX HD transmitted to your PI7’s in a slick small package via a DDHiFi tc28i adapter to Creative BT-3 Bluetooth transmitter. I know I read about the BT-3 here, but was unsure if anyone tried it with the tc28i instead of the Apple camera kit route. I had some difficulty getting the PI7’s to pair to the BT-3, but once completed it sounds great and the form factor is perfect for OTG.

CEA17DBC-179B-4297-9E70-1E822A260B19.jpeg

The iPhone is a 12 mini, so it might even look better with one of the larger iPhones, etc. Just thought I’d share in case anyone else is interested.
That looks better than CCK w/ BT-3. Btw, how is SQ compare to transmitting case with USB C? is the volume lower?

Oct 5, 2021 at 3:47 AM Post #906 of 1,155
But now he said PI7 is dethroned by B&O EQ. I wonder how is SQ of B&O EQ.
I bot B&O EQ after I saw his review. For me, B&O EQ sounds good, very good. But in terms of raw SQ, PI7 still edges out. However, B&O EQ comes very close in terms of SQ to PI7. PI7 sounds louder, too. But the EQ beats PI7 in terms of stability, software refinedness, and a built-in EQ. PI7 does have better touch control features. EQ is a bit better in terms of ANC but not by much.

All in all, my daily driver remains...... the Sony XM4.... Best in class ANC, best in features, good enough SQ and stability and battery life to beat both the PI7 and EQ by a mile......

Oct 5, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #908 of 1,155
Here is a recap of my experience in this group from joining until now. I purchased B & W PI7 in mid June, and joined this forum shortly thereafter. While I learned much, and am appreciative of what I learned, what follows are actions I have taken--1. Spent many weeks with a mindset of delving into much technical stuff. 2. I was focused on Codecs, bluetooth, Apple Music settings, IEM, bitrates, that kind of stuff. 3. I have no idea of what music I listened to. 4. I understand from other parts of my life that I suffer from "Analysis Paralysis"! 5. So I bought a pair of B & O EQ, and thought I had found the Ultimate earbuds. 6. After using the B & O EQ exclusively for a few days, I grabbed my B & W PI7s. 7. Immediately, I recognized the superiority of the B & W PI7s in Sound Quality! 8. Although the B & O EQ is great, B & W PI7 wins out for me! 9. So now, I am listening and focusing on my favorite music on a superb pair of PI7s. Thanks for letting me share my experience!

Oct 5, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #909 of 1,155
Here is a recap of my experience in this group from joining until now. I purchased B & W PI7 in mid June, and joined this forum shortly thereafter. While I learned much, and am appreciative of what I learned, what follows are actions I have taken--1. Spent many weeks with a mindset of delving into much technical stuff. 2. I was focused on Codecs, bluetooth, Apple Music settings, IEM, bitrates, that kind of stuff. 3. I have no idea of what music I listened to. 4. I understand from other parts of my life that I suffer from "Analysis Paralysis"! 5. So I bought a pair of B & O EQ, and thought I had found the Ultimate earbuds. 6. After using the B & O EQ exclusively for a few days, I grabbed my B & W PI7s. 7. Immediately, I recognized the superiority of the B & W PI7s in Sound Quality! 8. Although the B & O EQ is great, B & W PI7 wins out for me! 9. So now, I am listening and focusing on my favorite music on a superb pair of PI7s. Thanks for letting me share my experience!
Unfortunately mine experience with pi7 (many years B&W headphones user) it's not the same. Great Sound and Fit but very bad stability with the phone (with iphone x ios 15.0) and between the buds, i have already sent them back wishing to be luckier with the second pair, if not i am desperate cause i don't want to try eq and of course commercial buds like sony, bose.....

Oct 5, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #910 of 1,155
B & O EQ exclusively for a few days, I grabbed my B & W PI7s. 7. Immediately, I recognized the superiority of the B & W PI7s in Sound Quality! 8. Although the B & O EQ is great, B & W PI7 wins out for me! 9. So now, I am listening and focusing on my favorite music on a superb pair of PI7s. Thanks for letting me share my experience!
The PI7 do indeed sound superb. I prefer them in some ways to my wired iem, £1300 campfire Vegas, I prefer the tuning on the PI7 tbh.

Oct 5, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #911 of 1,155
The PI7 do indeed sound superb. I prefer them in some ways to my wired iem, £1300 campfire Vegas, I prefer the tuning on the PI7 tbh.
Sometimes I too choose PI7 over my wired rig

Oct 6, 2021 at 4:06 AM Post #912 of 1,155
Hello,
Does this cable work well? Then which codec the case use?
Thank you!
I can't say anymore, as I've moved away from the PI7 so I can't test it. I do seem to remember the cable worked well.

Oct 6, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #913 of 1,155
Hello,
Does this cable work well? Then which codec the case use?
Thank you!
I dont really use it since I usually use the PI7s with my V60 which has aptX adaptive but the last time I tried using it on a plane, the volume was very low. Ended up having to switch to Aonic 50s to use the in flight entertainment system.

The case transmits via aptX (regular, not HD) to the buds

Oct 7, 2021 at 1:48 AM Post #914 of 1,155
Thank you all for replying.

I'm iPhone user with desire to play aptx HD on PI7. Now I'm considering beetween using Creative BT-3W and Android phone. I've read all posts in this thread and found that Creative dongle has a connectivity problem with PI7. Is it true for all Creative dongle user here?

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2021 at 12:15 AM Post #915 of 1,155
Thank you all for replying.

I'm iPhone user with desire to play aptx HD on PI7. Now I'm considering beetween using Creative BT-3W and Android phone. I've read all posts in this thread and found that Creative dongle has a connectivity problem with PI7. Is it true for all Creative dongle user here?
Currently using the bt-w3 with the pi7 and don't have much connectivity problem. I tend to use the dongle on my sp4 though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back