Bowers & Wilkins PI7
May 7, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #61 of 1,155
Yes, on a Pixel 5.

Thanks. So it should work. Which again, as with the ANC, makes me think there are some bug(s) here - which might be firmware related and could therefore quite easily be fixed.

Which codec do you end up with connecting through the case with USB-C? I am assuming that with the jack it will always be aptX-LL.

May 7, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #62 of 1,155
Thanks. So it should work. Which again, as with the ANC, makes me think there are some bug(s) here - which might be firmware related and could therefore quite easily be fixed.

Which codec do you end up with connecting through the case with USB-C? I am assuming that with the jack it will always be aptX-LL.
two more pro reviews showed up saying anc is exemplary. This is really weird

May 7, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #63 of 1,155

Yes, with the jack it's aptx-LL for me, at least.

May 7, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #65 of 1,155
two more pro reviews showed up saying anc is exemplary. This is really weird
I just did a quick bathroom fan comparison between the PI7s and wf-1000xm3. The PI7s were better at blocking out the steady drone. While I was at it, I tried the wh-1000xm4 which beat them both. I don't have the Bose QC, so I couldn't try it.

May 7, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #67 of 1,155
ANC is also doing little to nothing for me. The smallest sounds come right through, I think the ANC noise from the earbuds itself is worse compared to leaving ANC off completely.

May 7, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #68 of 1,155

I have tested the case connection when connected digitally to a source:
- Mac Tidal = aptX (when streaming master, hifi and even giving exclusive access to the case in Tidal).
- iPhone via CCK to case, Tidal (master and hifi) = aptX
- Fiio M11via USB-C to case (Tidal master and hifi via UAPP) = aptX
- Fiio M11 via supplied 3.5mm to USB-C = aptX LL

So it's starting to seem to me that the case just doesn't (or can't) stream aptX-HD?

May 7, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #69 of 1,155
- Mac Tidal = aptX (when streaming master, hifi and even giving exclusive access to the case in Tidal).

So it's starting to seem to me that the case just doesn't (or can't) stream aptX-HD?

Seems like it. That is not a deal breaker for me - and I am not sure if they have promised HD from the case?

I was hoping you would also get HD from the case because it would have given a strong indication (again) that something is off with mine.

May 7, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #70 of 1,155
Exactly the same as for me then.

Would be interesting to hear if anyone has actually been able to get them connected with aptX-HD.
Yep. Works perfectly on my Hiby R5.

May 7, 2021 at 10:57 AM Post #71 of 1,155

It can’t. Streaming from the case is AptX LL only.

May 7, 2021 at 1:31 PM Post #74 of 1,155
Just got the PI7. Tried the ANC, it doesn’t even do anything. It’s an awesome seal, but I have my daughter nearby with her zoom class and I can still hear everything. The ambient pass through has more noise, but the auto ANC and the manual ANC is bad. BIG FAIL already. I’m not even going to test the sound.

May 7, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #75 of 1,155
Thanks. How would you describe the ANC? Good?
I don’t really rate any TWS noise cancelling, and certainly wasn’t the reason I bought the Pi7, but they seem on par with my Sony & AKG’s. No comparison to decent over ears though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back