Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread
May 3, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #1,936 of 1,955
Ask what the selling price is! Make an offer is a way to potentially overpay. The seller should set the selling price they are comfortable with.

May 3, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #1,937 of 1,955
Ask what the selling price is! Make an offer is a way to potentially overpay. The seller should set the selling price they are comfortable with.
Well Since I haven't listed these for sale I do not have a selling price nor do I have a clue what they are worth. If the potential buyer offers a price I consider fair I will sell. If not I will keep. Not sure why you felt it necessary to add your 2 cents.

May 3, 2023 at 5:00 PM Post #1,938 of 1,955
Just stumbled upon this thread.
Does anybody have a solution for the dissolving plastic(?), or whatever it is, behind the cup? I tried just water to clean it up, also isopropyl alcohol but no luck.
I have just gifted them to a very good friend as entrance to the hobby, since they were also one of my first headphones back in 2017. It would be nice to solve this issue.

May 3, 2023 at 9:28 PM Post #1,939 of 1,955
Well Since I haven't listed these for sale I do not have a selling price nor do I have a clue what they are worth. If the potential buyer offers a price I consider fair I will sell. If not I will keep. Not sure why you felt it necessary to add your 2 cents.
I'm just a caring person I guess.

May 4, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #1,941 of 1,955
Well buyer must have been in wrong thred as he thought these were wired headphones.

That said it is not proper etiquette to jump in to a thread and comment on something that does not concern you.
This isn't the for sale thread, so technically we kind of both were a little out of the best thread. You could have sent a PM which would probably have been a good plan. Anyway, is this really worth getting worked up over? I'm over it.

May 24, 2023 at 6:03 PM Post #1,942 of 1,955
Has anyone found a mod to make these more comfy, headband wise?
I get a hotspot from them. Which is a pain as these are one of my all time favourite bluetooth headphones, I prefer them over my PX7 S2 and Momentum 4s (which will likely go up on ebay, that is if I can fix this darn hotspot). About 1hr in I get discomfort, strange how B&W made the headband so damn solid.

Jun 19, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #1,944 of 1,955
Has anyone compared this to the Sony WH-1000XM5 or M4? Curious.
Well it is like comparing an Aston Martin to a Tesla, but here goes:
P7W pros:
- superior build quality, materials etc. No contest. Leather, aluminium and steel vs plastics.
- nice timbre and overall tone, I like especially how the P7W handled vocals.
- magic mid range. Almost as good as my PX8.
- can be driven passively and scales very nicely with a good DAC/AMP.

P7W cons:
- heavier, not as comfortable as the plastic and light Sonys.
- no USB-C, only micro-USB for charging
- shorter battery life
- no ANC…

Jun 19, 2023 at 5:00 PM Post #1,945 of 1,955
Has anyone found a mod to make these more comfy, headband wise?
I get a hotspot from them. Which is a pain as these are one of my all time favourite bluetooth headphones, I prefer them over my PX7 S2 and Momentum 4s (which will likely go up on ebay, that is if I can fix this darn hotspot). About 1hr in I get discomfort, strange how B&W made the headband so damn solid.
Dekoni nuggets solves the hotspot:
IMG_20230416_205201.jpg

Jun 19, 2023 at 6:59 PM Post #1,946 of 1,955
Just stumbled upon this thread.
Does anybody have a solution for the dissolving plastic(?), or whatever it is, behind the cup? I tried just water to clean it up, also isopropyl alcohol but no luck.
I have just gifted them to a very good friend as entrance to the hobby, since they were also one of my first headphones back in 2017. It would be nice to solve this issue.

I might be late to the party but I offer the below:

Take the pads off, press the rear face on a piece of normal writing paper so they leave an imprint of the shape, cut that shape out of the paper and stick it to the deteriorating stuff on the back of the pads.

That provides an invisible barrier and stops the two faces sticking so that the pads can be removed easily.

Dec 10, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #1,947 of 1,955
Hi there. Hopping I could get some help. I've been a happy user of the P7 and P7Ws for many years. However, I'm now in a country where it's way too hot to use them for commuting and I'm looking for an IEM that has a similar sound signature to the P7. My budget is USD 350 at max.

I listen mostly to pop with the occasional choral. I have a preference for female vocals together with string instruments and bassy instruments (e.g. song like Shades of Cool - Lana del Rey and Young Lover - St. Vincent for pop or Der Klang Der Offenbarung Des Göttlichen - Kjartan Sveinsson and Requiem - Gabriel Fauré for choral). However, if I had to rank, I'd place priority on strings and vocals over bass but it'd certainly be awesome to have them all.

Looking at recommendations gives really conflicting information and I find myself going in circles. From what I can gather, seems like the Xenns Mangird Tea 2 might be close? Or the Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk (I hear there might be the Blessing 3 Dusk soon). Wondering if anybody has any recommendations?

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #1,948 of 1,955
Hi there. Hopping I could get some help. I've been a happy user of the P7 and P7Ws for many years. However, I'm now in a country where it's way too hot to use them for commuting and I'm looking for an IEM that has a similar sound signature to the P7. My budget is USD 350 at max.

I listen mostly to pop with the occasional choral. I have a preference for female vocals together with string instruments and bassy instruments (e.g. song like Shades of Cool - Lana del Rey and Young Lover - St. Vincent for pop or Der Klang Der Offenbarung Des Göttlichen - Kjartan Sveinsson and Requiem - Gabriel Fauré for choral). However, if I had to rank, I'd place priority on strings and vocals over bass but it'd certainly be awesome to have them all.

Looking at recommendations gives really conflicting information and I find myself going in circles. From what I can gather, seems like the Xenns Mangird Tea 2 might be close? Or the Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk. Wondering if anybody has any recommendations?
I was pleasantly surprised with some of the Jabras. Like Jabra Elite/Active 75t which is cheap, or the later iterations of that.

Dec 10, 2023 at 10:00 AM Post #1,949 of 1,955
I was pleasantly surprised with some of the Jabras. Like Jabra Elite/Active 75t which is cheap, or the later iterations of that.
Thanks but I'm looking for a wired earpiece. I'd rather not get Bluetooth earbuds given the batteries will wear out over time and unlike headphones, they typically won't have the option be operated with a cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back