Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread
Oct 4, 2022 at 6:46 AM Post #1,921 of 1,955
I think you'll be in for disappointment. The high clamp force that always seems to be there with B&W headphones is most likely due to the companies very, pardon the pun, firm resolve to have a tight seal. A tight seal allows for greater certainty of the frequency response, in particular lower frequencies which we know B&W build their signatures around. IMO.

Jan 3, 2023 at 10:14 AM Post #1,923 of 1,955
Got my P7 Wireless back in 2017 and bought numerous wireless/ANC-headphones after that and still get blown away when I dig out the P7 Wireless from the closet and put some rocking tunes on! :)
Yeah they are great.
Sold mine only due to two issues:
- discomfort. Headband pressure and ear pd pressure.
- noise floor/ hiss very audible when listening to music on lower volume. Not great with e g acoustic music.

Other than that I very much enjoyed them and have not heard better from B&W until now with the PX8. In comparison these are a little bit better at everything, plus a lot more detail. Also very comfortable.

Feb 16, 2023 at 9:57 AM Post #1,926 of 1,955
If anyone is interested, I have a P7 Wireless for sale on eBay (auction) the next couple of days. It is brand new and sealed.

I hope I am not violating any of the forum rules by writing this.
The ones for 500$?
I sold mine, used but mint condition for 85$ half a year ago… they were nice but couldnt stand the poor comfort or the noise floor. I think it is good value for about 100-150$ maybe.

For 500$ I would pick a discounted PX8 any day.
You get:
- much better comfort, and even higher build quality.
- better sound quality, objectively
- no noise floor issue
- better battery life
- eq in app
- USB-C instead of micro USB
- ANC
- proper case

Feb 16, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #1,927 of 1,955
The ones for 500$?
I sold mine, used but mint condition for 85$ half a year ago… they were nice but couldnt stand the poor comfort or the noise floor. I think it is good value for about 100-150$ maybe.

For 500$ I would pick a discounted PX8 any day.
You get:
- much better comfort, and even higher build quality.
- better sound quality, objectively
- no noise floor issue
- better battery life
- eq in app
- USB-C instead of micro USB
- ANC
- proper case

Ha, ha. Yes, you are right. But still, it’s the magic of the P7 Wireless that counts. Long after the PX8 is gone, headphone enthusiasts will still talk about the P7 Wireless.
I have three sets in use, two at home and one at my office. And then I have two sealed as backup. But they seem to be very robust, so I think I can get by with one backup.

Feb 16, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #1,928 of 1,955
Ha, ha. Yes, you are right. But still, it’s the magic of the P7 Wireless that counts. Long after the PX8 is gone, headphone enthusiasts will still talk about the P7 Wireless.
I have three sets in use, two at home and one at my office. And then I have two sealed as backup. But they seem to be very robust, so I think I can get by with one backup.
Ok I see. Yes they are great cans. Only aging issue I see is the glue that can leak behind the pads.

Enjoy!

Mar 15, 2023 at 2:46 AM Post #1,929 of 1,955
I have two questions.

1) I have the P7 wired. Can someone recommend a 3rd party storage case? I had the OEM case. The leather frayed too much.

I bought a replacement OEM case in 2021. It had a similar fraying problem.

I've never really loved the case, I only kept it because it fit the headphones nicely.

2) For people that have the P7 wireless, does it offer both wired and wireless flexibility?

It looks like Bowers & Wilkins doesn't offer wired headphones anymore.

I'm not looking for a new one, but I'm just curious if they make a dual wired / wireless headphone.

Mar 24, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #1,930 of 1,955
I initially had PX wireless. I replaced with p7 wireless for better sound. That recently was stolen from my SUV in a break in so I am looking to find a bluetooth wireless headphone. I really liked the p7 but finding one in good condition and priced well is challenging. Are there any recommendations as to a suitable BLUETOOTH replacement or continue to search for a good used p7?

Mar 24, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #1,931 of 1,955
I initially had PX wireless. I replaced with p7 wireless for better sound. That recently was stolen from my SUV in a break in so I am looking to find a bluetooth wireless headphone. I really liked the p7 but finding one in good condition and priced well is challenging. Are there any recommendations as to a suitable BLUETOOTH replacement or continue to search for a good used p7?
I owned P7w, switched to PX8 and have never looked back. It is expensive but it is also superior on practically all points, from build and fit to features and sound quality.

Mar 27, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #1,932 of 1,955
Best thing about the P7w, they can be used passively. I haven't used the wireless feature for about a year.
I'm pretty worried about spending $800 for a pair of headphones that become ear muffs if the battery dies.

Mar 27, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #1,933 of 1,955
Best thing about the P7w, they can be used passively. I haven't used the wireless feature for about a year.
I'm pretty worried about spending $800 for a pair of headphones that become ear muffs if the battery dies.
It is a great feature with P7w, sure. But mainly because they scale well with a good DAC/AMP. On the other hand, battery degradation is a pretty pointless thing to worry about with this kind of consumer product. Unless the battery or built in amp malfunctions you will be able to plug it in and run with a cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back